Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Do You Believe Steve Jobs Came Up With The Mac Phone, 23 Years Before - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Believe Steve Jobs Came Up With The Mac Phone, 23 Years Before (396 Views)

Help: My Community Has Not Seen MTN Network Since MTN Came To Nigeria / Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac / Last Words Of Steve Jobs And His Last Unseen Pics Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Steve Jobs Came Up With The Mac Phone, 23 Years Before by johncreek: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
Apple may have revolutionized the smartphone landscape back in 2007 with the iPhone, but plans for a mobile device were being dreamt up long before that by the late Apple pioneer Steve Jobs.
Former Apple marketer John Sculley has told techcrunch that Jobs was convinced that computers would become consumer products one day, and he came up with the idea for a "Mac Phone" way back in 1984.
Sculley helped Jobs visualize the project, drawing some concepts on paper before physical models were eventually developed. Funny enough it didn't go much further than that for a decade or two. "He was not a drawer, he was a great visionary but he couldn't draw," Sculley explained. "I could draw, I had studied design. So Steve would describe it to me, I'd draw it out."
Jobs apparently made several adjustments to the design and insisted on making the screen bigger too. A precursor to Apple's first 'phablet'-sized smartphone, the iPhone 6 Plus? Not directly, but perhaps in spirit.
Jobs was an extra ordinary person in the technology market
Source: http://www.siderseventry..com
Re: Do You Believe Steve Jobs Came Up With The Mac Phone, 23 Years Before by Donfolu: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
were u there? smh
Re: Do You Believe Steve Jobs Came Up With The Mac Phone, 23 Years Before by Baba419(m): 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
He draws models but does not design the technology
Re: Do You Believe Steve Jobs Came Up With The Mac Phone, 23 Years Before by johncreek: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
I wasn't there but John Sculley said it all.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note Pro, Infinix Hot And Innjoo ONE For Sale in Ibadan / Pls.. Any Blackberry Z3 Users In Da House... I Need Ur Help Oh! / Why Is Etisalat Not Downloading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.