Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone (63096 Views)

Wiko’s Slimmest Smartphone, Wiko Highway Pure 4g Now Available In Nigeria / Samsung Galaxy A8 Samsung Slimmest Device / Galaxy Tab S2: Samsung Announces Its Slimmest Tablet Ever [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by luthorcorp: 11:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
so while some are still thinking of acquiring the s searies, they are back to the A series,and we will still flock along .....Africans smbh for them.....that's y here in sambisa is a bit different
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by SELENAqueensy(f): 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
sauceny:

How can you be in love with a phone,if you fill love for a phone,then what kinda feeling are you having for your boyfriend¿

My love for phones is more
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by SELENAqueensy(f): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
IYANGBALI:
but you be orobo now

Lol... M not fat o
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Craven: 12:36am On Jul 16, 2015
Elxandre:

Na lie jare.
The S5 isn't more powerful.
this A8 is running on the same processor as the LG G4 and is running Adreno 405 compared to S5's 330.

The Galaxy A series consist of a bunch of mid-range phones. They have premium looks, but their features and specifications are mid-range.

The Galaxy S series on the other hand consist of high-end phones. They are Samsung's flagship devices. Along with the Galaxy Note series. High-end phones are known to offer more and refined features than mid-rangers.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Elxandre(m): 12:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Craven:

The Galaxy A series consist of a bunch of mid-range phones. They have premium looks, but their features and specifications are mid-range.

The Galaxy S series on the other hand consist of high-end phones. They are Samsung's flagship devices. Along with the Galaxy Note series. High-end phones are known to offer more and refined features than mid-rangers.
Doesn't still change the fact that the S5 is a pretty old phone.
This phone will pretty much match it.
The GPU isn't on the same level with that of the S5.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Youngzedd(m): 1:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Craven:

You've not even used the device and you're already proclaiming its death. Funny.

That Chipset have issues. Google for it. They should have used higher snapdragon Chipset.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by ndidianthony247(m): 5:46am On Jul 16, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
Wow... Am so in love with slim phones
Hope the price won't be too high
Why not date d phone since u ar in love wt d phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Bratking(m): 6:33am On Jul 16, 2015
Elxandre:

Na lie jare.
The S5 isn't more powerful.
this A8 is running on the same processor as the LG G4 and is running Adreno 405 compared to S5's 330.

Am gonna forgive that misfire cos obviously you don't know how to guage the fire power of a phone. S5 is a lot more powerful and here's why:

First let's talk about their respective chipsets. The S5 is powered by by an high end chipset known as Quadcore Snapdragon 801 which is a lot faster than A8's Octacore Snapdragon 615 and Exynos 5 Octa 5430, depending on the model. In fact, the comparison wouldn't be fair on A8's S615 and E5430 because they are couple of mid rangers and should be compared to other mid range chipsets like S600.

When it comes to processing power, again S5 wins the Derby. It has a krait 400 processors clocked at 2.5ghz. Compared that with A8 slightly inferior cortez A7 and A15 processors, clocked at lesser speed of that of the S5's, you'll have a definite winner on the later

The gpus of each device rely heavily on their chipsets and processors to be able to maximize their potential. on the S5, the adreno 330 is a superstar, while on the A8, the adreno 405 is an underachiever.

Bottom line: like someone once said on a certain thread, and I quote "you can't compare an high end SOC with a mid range SOC. It's like comparing 4 body builders with 8 skinny people."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by mekybabe1: 6:45am On Jul 16, 2015
Samsung na wah for una. Now now that Samsung S6 edge came out, another one is out? This will drop the price of Edge. Then for retailers who already bought it high, it'll now be a big prob.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Craven: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Bratking:

Am gonna forgive that misfire cos obviously you don't know how to guage the fire power of a phone. S5 is a lot more powerful and here's why:

First let's talk about their respective chipsets. The S5 is powered by by an high end chipset known as Quadcore Snapdragon 801 which is a lot faster than A8's Octacore Snapdragon 615 and
Exynos 5 Octa 5430, depending on the model. In fact, the comparison wouldn't be fair on A8's S615 and E5430 because they are couple of mid rangers and should be compared to other mid range chipsets like S600.

When it comes to processing power, again S5 wins the Derby. It has a krait 400 processors clocked at 2.5ghz. Compared that with A8 slightly inferior cortez A7 and A15 processors, clocked at lesser speed of that of the S5's, you'll have a definite winner on the later

The gpus of each device rely heavily on their chipsets and processors to be able to maximize their potential. on the S5, the adreno 330 is a superstar, while on the A8, the adreno 405 is an underachiever.

Bottom line: like someone once said on a certain thread, you can't compare an high end SOC with a mid range SOC. It's like
comparing 4 body builders with 8 skinny
people.

I was going to explain this but I was too lazy to argue. You stated my point perfectly.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Eddy2cute(m): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
Wow... Am so in love with slim phones Hope the price won't be too high
ah ah tell sugar bros to buy it 4 u na
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Craven: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2015
Youngzedd:

That Chipset have issues. Google for it. They should have used higher snapdragon Chipset.

The chipset has issues? How? You've used the phone long enough to deduce that? I don't understand how you got this information.

For the umpteenth time though, the Samsung Galaxy A8 is a 'mid-range' phone. No one gives a mid-range phone high-end features. If you want Snapdragon 810 on a phone look elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by trailblaiza(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2015
well, not as slim as the Silex X1
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by kayalla(f): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2015
i use A7 its as slim too, and ...
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Elxandre(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2015
Bratking:

First let's talk about their respective chipsets. The S5 is powered by by an high end chipset known as Quadcore Snapdragon 801 which is a lot faster than A8's Octacore Snapdragon 615 and Exynos 5 Octa 5430, depending on the model. In fact, the comparison wouldn't be fair on A8's S615 and E5430 because they are couple of mid rangers and should be compared to other mid range chipsets like S600.

Bottom line: like someone once said on a certain thread, and I quote "you can't compare an high end SOC with a mid range SOC. It's like comparing 4 body builders with 8 skinny people."

I factored in other things aside raw speed.
Faster memory speed, faster ram speed, 64 bit , better power management, direct x 11 resulting to better graphics on newer games, a newer version of open CL etc.
And let's not pretend the GPU doesn't really matter, it matters alot.
I've seen slower PC hardwares with better GPU running games better than faster ones with inferior GPU
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Elxandre(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2015
This phone is pretty much like an A7 anyways
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Bratking(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2015
Elxandre:

I factored in other things aside raw speed.
Faster memory speed, faster ram speed, 64 bit , better power management, direct x 11 resulting to better graphics on newer games, a newer version of open CL etc.
And let's not pretend the GPU doesn't really matter, it matters alot.
I've seen slower PC hardwares with better GPU running games better than faster ones with inferior GPU

Again, lemme clear up some things. S801 is faster, better and more power efficient than S615 chipset will ever be.

Okay, lemme put it this way: a phone with octacore S615 (mid range) with A15 & A7 cortez processors clocked at 2.3ghz vs a quadcore S801 (high end) with Krait 400 processor clocked at 2.5ghz, both operating on 2gb ram, which one between the 2 do you think will be able to have better ram optimization?? The answer is pretty clear, isn't it?

A Gpu of a phone is as good as the chipset and processors powering it. Adreno 330 is inferior to the 405 when it comes to direct head to head but with a superior chipset and processors backing it up, the 405 doesn't stand any chance, and thus, the concluding result will be S5 handling intense object oriented graphic programs like Real Racing 3 and Alphalt 8 better than the A8 overall.

Again, I reiterate that comparing a mid ranger with an high ender is absurd.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Bratking(m): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2015
Elxandre:
This phone is pretty much like an A7 anyways

It is A7 with a bigger screen, better battery life optimization and slimmer body. Their respective specs are pretty much identical.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Craven: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2015
Bratking:

It is A7 with a bigger screen, better battery life optimization and slimmer body. Their respective specs are pretty much identical.

No, specifications differ also. The A8 has a better primary camera, better screen resolution and pixel density, more camera features. Then there's the processor and chip. The A8 allows for expandable memory of 128GB, the A7 on the other hand stops at 64GB. The A8 comes with Bluetooth 4.1, the A7, 4.0. And lastly, while the Galaxy A8 has a fingerprint sensor, the Galaxy A7 does not. So no, specifications aren't all that identical.

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by pojophilius(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
Wow... Am so in love with slim phones
Hope the price won't be too high
tz like u love slim things,,,,,,,,,,hi
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Bratking(m): 11:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Craven:

No, specifications differ also. The A8 has a better primary camera, better screen resolution and pixel density, more camera features. Then there's the processor and chip. The A8 allows for expandable memory of 128GB, the A7 on the other hand stops at 64GB. The A8 comes with Bluetooth 4.1, the A7, 4.0. And lastly, while the Galaxy A8 has a fingerprint censor, the Galaxy A7 does not. So no, specifications aren't all that identical.

I said "Pretty much", remember? More identical in things that mattered than things that don't.

The issue of better resolution is debatable. On paper, A8 has better resolutions, but in reality A7 has sharper display with deeper colors. Why is this, you may ask? it's pretty simple: A7 has a smaller screen of 5.5 with a pixel per inch density of 401 compared with 577 ppi of the A8 with a bigger screen of 5.7. This may sound impressive, but the thing is, the video formats that could actually maximize the true power of A8's Quad HD is extremely rare to the point of non-existence, thus, negating it's seeming advantage. Make no mistakes, it's something for the future, but for now as far as the naked eyes can fathom, screen display of both are almost identical in colors, with the smaller screen of the A7 appearing slightly sharper overall.

Camera wise, well, it's difficult to call, but I'll have to give it to the A8 because of the more mega pixel, resolution and versatility. It's more pimped up.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
mekybabe1:
Samsung na wah for una. Now now that Samsung S6 edge came out, another one is out? This will drop the price of Edge. Then for retailers who already bought it high, it'll now be a big prob.

Price of S6 never come down na that of S6E u dey wait.

A series are diff from S series

The earlier is mid range
The latter is high end

Choose your choice
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by uzolexis(f): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
ollah1:

madam, you and the the dude knows nothing about thing like this.. Do you think Nigeria is a big market for them? Do you now they don't know where their real markets are? How many Nigerians by phones brand new in Nigeria? So consume or no consume. Produce or not, they know their markets

I don't care if Nigeria is a big mkt for them or not. My post was Nigerians should be more of producers than consumers
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
uzolexis:

I don't care if Nigeria is a big mkt for them or not. My post was Nigerians should be more of producers than consumers

That one dey but whose fault is that ?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by samsard(m): 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
uzolexis:

If you produced something with that level of quality and brand appeal, Nigerians would be more than happy to pay for it. + the techology and know-how required is not possessed by a country that has only been able to manufacture plastic chairs, a country whose citizens only possess crude technology which is still imported and not developed locally. Imagine our university Professors producing grinding machines in this day and age.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by uzolexis(f): 6:31am On Jul 17, 2015
samsard:
If you produced something with that level of quality and brand appeal, Nigerians would be more than happy to pay for it. + the techology and know-how required is not possessed by a country that has only been able to manufacture plastic chairs, a country whose citizens only possess crude technology which is still imported and not developed locally. Imagine our university Professors producing grinding machines in this day and age.

We r both saying the same thing,Nigeria should try n develop the skills 2 produce these sort of things

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by uzolexis(f): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2015
ollah1:

That one dey but whose fault is that ?

Well, it's everyone's fault I guess.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by free2ryhme: 7:56am On Jul 17, 2015
ignis:

We will get there soon.

When is soon?

Nigeria was at the same lvl as the Asian tigers in the 60s what is the situation today?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by AliyuDyoung(m): 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
pls my Samsung s4 is saying unfortunately gallery has stopped when ever I want to snap what can I do about it pls...
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by IKON360(m): 7:21am On Jan 08, 2016
South Korea is building, India is building, China is building, interestingly Nigeria has opportunities too bt we r top buyers. Sad!
Re: Samsung Galaxy A8: Samsung Slimmest Smartphone by dan1nice: 10:48am On Jan 13, 2016
na dis phone god tak dey call people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel Internet/apn Settings / WhatsApp Ending Support For BlackBerry, Nokia Symbian S60, Others / Get Unlimited Airtel Data At #300 Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.