Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics (35245 Views)

Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) / Dangote Sacks 109 Workers In Kogi State, 115 Others Know Fate Soon / Buhari To Fire 6000 Workers In FAAN, NAMA NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by generaliy07(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Hmmm

It is well

SEE MY SIGNATURE
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by RichDad1(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
What's happening in our own Dubai?
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by hizzyairtel(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
I saw then on my way to the office this morning, took my time to ask what's going on and discovered the so called workers/labourers are earning big. They are supposed to earn 100 USD daily and cummulates to 3000 USD monthly but all they get is around 900 USD even with delays. Come to think of it 900 USD when converted to Naira triples my current pay as an IT personnel and I just SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by steffans(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Nawa
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Tomasboy(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2015
INTROVERT:
Eku protest oooooo

Please pay them their money.

Mods lalasticlala
You again shocked. . I still dont know aw u managed to appear in my dream also booking space before me at MAMA cooker's side. . .:-/ Oga seun, we need to talk about dis gal PERSONALLY
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by kennyman2000(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2015
When things are getting costier.. U still owe them salaries.. Smh
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by nekaa(f): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2015
So that was what was going on there??

Good for them.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by vikoski: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Na waaaah ooooh
sad
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by tucky200(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:
Iran have their sanctions lifted, oil is down, the Zoo is doomed
The one ur family belongs too right ??
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by delman88(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2015
according to them they are protesting agreement not followed. they were promised $100 per day but are being paid =N=900 per day..... sad
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by thewarrior72: 9:16am On Jul 15, 2015
dainformant:
There's an ongoing protest now by EKO Atlantic workers along Ahmadu Bello way, Victoria Island, Lagos. According to sketchy details, the workers are protesting owed salaries . This has led to traffic gridlock in the area as police officers have stationed themselves to avoid the breakdown of law and order.

http://www.nationalhelm.com/2015/07/eko-atlantic-workers-stage-massive.html
Thieftunubu & fasho-ole has scamed they gullible & more to be scamed by AMBO-ODE
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by sukkot: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2015
hizzyairtel:
I saw then on my way to the office this morning, took my time to ask what's going on and discovered the so called workers/labourers are earning big. They are supposed to earn 100 USD daily and cummulates to 3000 USD monthly but all they get is around 900 USD even with delays. Come to think of it 900 USD when converted to Naira triples my current pay as an IT personnel and I just SMH.
nigga you need to go buy wheelbarrow and head to eko atlantic sharp sharp grin

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Jaideyone(m): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2015
anonimi:
And so the cookie crumbles- progreTHIEF scamming of 16 years can only last for so long.
Sooner or later the oyoyo packaging must fall off.

I'd!ot the project is privately funded. must you blame tinubu for all your miseries?
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by anonimi: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2015
Jaideyone:
I'd!ot the project is privately funded. must you blame tinubu for all your miseries?

The government does NOT guarantee the welfare of workers in its state

How daft! angry

I hope you were not among those going gaga for Fashola and Tinubu over the Eko Atlantic project when it was launched. That time una nor remember sey na private project abi?
Nor be everybody be una mumu abeg.
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Jaideyone(m): 9:27am On Jul 15, 2015
anonimi:

The government does NOT guarantee the welfare of workers in its state

How daft! angry

I hope you were not among those going gaga for Fashola and Tinubu over the Eko Atlantic project when it was launched. That time una nor remember sey na private project abi?
Nor be everybody be una mumu abeg.
ok if I hire you as my driver and owe you six months salary the government should be blamed for my inability to pay salaries? is your IQ on the decrease

5 Likes

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by deebsman1(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2015
The culprit according to the protesters is a Lebanese guy.
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by wristbangle: 9:31am On Jul 15, 2015
Harkynkunle:
hi nairalanders..... these idiots are silly scammers (with mobile
num 09037101896 and 09050947168, also with nairaland
username : Choba .... they claim they sell data bundle but all they
do is to scam innocent N.Landers ..... they persuade d buyer to
send an amount of call card to them for an amount of data
bundle..e.g 1k for 1gb... which seems to be a normal way ppl buy
data bundle lately..... once u send d call card to them in
expectance of d data bundle , they either stop picking ur calls or
they switch off their phones... Beware they are scammers...
below is what they look like
I GO FINISH THIS GUYS....

U have been magad bro
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by wristbangle: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Emodeee:

She no dey tire to be first to comment. Lalasticlala is helping her ministry too.

One will think lalasticlala is Yanshing her, so she can be ftc.

Av u noticed? she is always the 1st to comment on lalasticlala's thread

The most useless comment so far in this year. Congrats bro tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by olaolulazio(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2015
jimi4us:
damn another abandon project again. to continue till 90years time. Nigeria is going down why?

Z.
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by anonimi: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Jaideyone:
ok if I hire you as my driver and owe you six months salary the government should be blamed for my inability to pay salaries? is your IQ on the decrease

The government (including its law enforcement agencies) should look on while employers owe workers salary, not so

Is that the standard in the state of excellence?
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Lovechyld101(m): 9:42am On Jul 15, 2015
NA SO !!! EKO ONI BAJE
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by blesoh(f): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2015
kingsolex:
we need to use coup on introvert ogini are u a network brand.
my broda dat babe lives nd slp in nairaland.
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by hareskay(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2015
For dis 9ja wey we dey so? Na only mumu go fall 4 dis kinda scam sha
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by basilo101: 9:52am On Jul 15, 2015
White man drill oil, pay govt., govt use d money to pay anoda white man to build one or two things and they shout "development". Now oil will be cheaper than pure water, only those with natural ingenuity will survive

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Jaideyone(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2015
anonimi:

The government (including its law enforcement agencies) should look on while employers owe workers salary, not so

Is that the standard in the state of excellence?
I'm not saying the government shouldn't intervene but how is it the fault of lasg that the salaries were not paid in the first place? stop beating around the bush. your initial post was unreasonable. accept it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2015
Eko Atlantic city construction workers?
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by Ayameze2015(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2015
Errmm! When is iran bombing lagos?
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by marwanafrica: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2015
INTROVERT:
Eku protest oooooo

Please pay them their money.

Mods lalasticlala
are u nupe by tribe?
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by P007: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2015
They should pay them what they deserve. Most them wont be able to secure office space or residence in that area @ completion so why owe them their salary or accumulated wages.
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by idu1(m): 10:39am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:
Iran have their sanctions lifted, oil is down, the Zoo is doomed
idi-ot

Can you swear u don't ve naira in pocket now?

Ndi ara!
Re: Massive Protest Ongoing By Eko Atlantic Workers In Victoria Island, Lagos. Pics by anonimi: 10:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Jaideyone:
I'm not saying the government shouldn't intervene but how is it the fault of lasg that the salaries were not paid in the first place? stop beating around the bush. your initial post was unreasonable. accept it!!!

Why do you think salaries are not owed by private projects in the UK, Canada and the USA?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / How Do I Deal With Sexual Harassment From A Colleague? / Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.