Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,215 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? (6443 Views)

Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips / Presidential Corruption Index Rating - Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nig. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nothing can be funnier than waking up to read a news that gave a distinctive pass mark to a government that is yet to put anything on ground. First it was Lai Muhammed that came on air to tell whoever cared to listen that Buhari's achievement in TWO weeks has eclipsed that of his predecessor Dr Ebele Jonathan. Today, came NOI poll giving Buhari 70% pass mark.

According to the report, "Respondents mentioned reasons for approving the President’s performance after 30 days in office, stating that security has improved (20 per cent), he has good intentions and he is good so far (16 per cent), and stability of electricity (15 percent) among other". I don't know whether to laugh but I think we should analyse this together.

1. Security Has Improved(20%):
Which country's security improved? Between the period in question (May 29-June 30), Boko Haram strucked Nigeria's North East 17 times, killing OVER 500 Nigerians in the process with thousands displaced. No single bomb has been thrown at BH terrorists by Nigeria forces since Buhari came onboard. Buhari inherited a motivated military that had so much success against Boko Haram terrorists between February and May 28 this year. In fact, the failure of Buhari against BH insurgency was corroborated by CNN in their July 14 publication. According to CNN

"Earlier this year, the Nigerian military launched a major offensive and recaptured much of the territory it had lost to Boko Haram. But in the last six weeks, over 500 people have been killed in attacks across the northeast of the country."

Which security did they say Buhari improved? We are all aware that the Army under Muhammadu Buhari is yet to kill any Boko terrorist. Is it the security of the terrorists? I will not be surprise if another poll score the President 80% in improved security for July 2015 despite repeated Boko haram attack.

2. "Good Intentions and He is Good So Far"(16 per cent):
How did they measure the intention of the President? I have flipped through the needs of Nigerians and the promises of APC, I couldn't find "Good Intention" as part of our needs. I am equally much confused on "He's Good So Far". Good in what sense? I think these people were out to insult us. This is ridiculous.

3. Stability of Electricity(15%):
Like I said in one of my article "though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing difficult times when it comes to power." Some areas have experienced downward fortune with respect to electricity since May 29. I beg to ask "How many megawatt of electricity has the Buhari administration added since May 29?" It is even pathetic that No new policy on electricity has been initiated nor implemented by the buhari administration. So what are we saying?

It will be safe to conclude that the respondents of that poll(if any was even conducted) were members of Buhari family, APC Chieftains and staffs of Aso rock. The poll is an insult to Nigerians especially to the victims of Boko haram terrorism. It doesn't matter whether the "poll" was conducted by NOI poll or Aisha's poll, it is nothing but a sham and a mere wish of the organisers and the Buhari administration.

May God Bless Us All

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Dollyak(f): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sadly I believe the polls. This is not because it's a true reflection of his performance. To be fair, if you observe most government all over the world, you will discover they tends to have a very high polls scoring rate the first few months into their administration. This is called a honey moon period for a reason.
Any judgement of buhari's leadership this early, will always be off the mark (good or bad). Let's wait a while before cutting his throat.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by FORUMgod: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
BARCANISTA Barcanising APC cowards since 1900AD

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by niggi4life(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
i think he tried, though scoring him 70% is way over the average......

infact wetin i dey talk sef? for now he hasnt done anything that is meaningful for the masses jor.
maybe on the long run we shall feel his impact

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by MizMyColi(f): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Like I said in one of my article "though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing difficult times when it comes to power." Some areas have experienced downward fortune with respect to electricity since May 29. I beg to ask "How many megawatt of electricity has the Buhari administration added since May 29?" It is even pathetic that No new policy on electricity has been initiated nor implemented by the buhari administration. So what are we saying?

In all honesty, my area happens to be among those who have seen a fine raise in power supply.
Both Work and Home.
However, what we don't know is if this is equally an offshoot of the GEJ legacy, because so far so good, I do not recall seeing a publication detailing Buhari's strides on formulating robust Energy Distribution Policies.
The increased reserves should also count for something, but folks in some quarters are saying it's because he hasn't spent money on anything "meaningful and impactful"....

Asides what I've detailed above, any other achievement being listed based on some huff-puff ghost statistics is what it is at best, and should be regarded as such...."HOGWASH!"

Talk of a government grappling at straws to save face.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by stebell(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
The dullard's approval rating of 70% is a huge joke.

We await him running not snail walking.

GEJ remains the best.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
did i hear 70% for buhari?

as for me and my family buhari is yet to start

for now he's -43%

insurgency alone has crippled his government

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
There are two Nigerias as we speak. The APC's virtual one and the real one people like me live in.

I'm happy nations are never built by good intentions. Even the way to hell is paved with good iintentions.

No amount of propaganda and lies shall deceive the smart ones. To be deceived is now a choice.

Over 660 souls have been murdered by the misguided brothers of Grandpa.

I've been enjoying appreciable level of power even before the elections. Bro, that rating na fraud.

For every lie, there shall be the revealer of it.

Thanks bro.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Ahmed4002(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
lol. research fellow
Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by DuchessLily(f): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Your skills analytical is second to non as far as nairaland is concerned.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by ajepako(f): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Well, quite a lot of Nigerians are simple, gullible and easy to please.

Just give us a little over 10 hours of electricity and we think all is well, when in advanced country, interruption in electricity supply for 30 minutes will be headline news because it is a gross rarity.

It's not far fetched since poverty is so etched into some people they think it's the normal way to live.

In the face of gross insecurity everywhere, queues in our filling stations, daily plunging of dollar, euro and BP, acute starvation, just to mention but a few, we keep deluding ourselves that all is well just to avoid facing the reality staring us in the face that we live in a failed state.

Anyway, time will tell and hopefully, it wont be too long..

Sai Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dollyak:
Sadly I believe the polls. To be fair, if you observe most government, you will discover they tends to have a very high polls the first few months into their administration. This is called a honey moon period for a reason.
Which poll? Did you participate in any poll? Which government can you cite as an example?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by sauceEEP(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Power transmission hit its peak @ 4545MW. This was confirmed by the transmission company of Nigeria (TCN)
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/power-transmission-hits-4545mw/

1 Like

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
stebell:
The dullard's approval rating of 70% is a huge joke.

We await him running not snail walking.

GEJ remains the best.
personally, I think the APC desperation for approval is making them to act silly. When I first saw it I first thought it was -70% (which I think will be a fair rating).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
@barcanista, you missed the point. You see they meant to write -70%. It is called typographic error. JOKERS. APC! LIARS SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by StOla: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Buhari!

The man of the moment.

A selfless patriot of no equal.

I'm sure by now Buhari has found that Nigeria and Nigerians are more rotten than he hitherto thought.

My greatest surprise is that those who were most reluctant to change are now crying like starved babies about what needs to be fixed in the country.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
1)Former Power Minister said that Buhari simply needs to sort out the problem of vandalism vis a vis gas supply to power generating stations and Nigeria will have an almost regular power supply noting the level of work done already by Jonathan in both power generation, power transmission(not privates but has world-class private managers), and power distribution...

2)Seasonal influence: We are in the rainy season...hence the probability of improved generation is high given high tides thanks to rising water level...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by StevenJay01(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Whoever initiated that poll has no brain. To me such a person is inanimate, a non living thing. He is no more than a biro,stone,pencil or sanitary pad to me. HE DEFINITELY DOESN'T EXIST

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by gwales: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
I am enjoying 20 hrs of electricity a day. Buhari till tanoids get sense gringringrin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Kennywills7(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
To b honest, scoring buhari 70% is outrageous
Which people participated in d polls?
Has d security really improve?
If it has, how come boko haram are busy killing people day after day?
For me, our leaders need to b told d truth to help them improve and not sing praises where there is nothing to show for it

1 Like

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by betty202020(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
Nothing can be funnier than waking up to read a news that gave a distinctive pass mark to a government that is yet to put anything on ground. First it was Lai Muhammed that came on air to tell whoever cared to listen that Buhari's achievement in TWO weeks has eclipsed that of his predecessor. Today, came NOI poll giving Buhari 70% pass mark.

According to the report, "Respondents mentioned reasons for approving the President’s performance after 30 days in office, stating that security has improved (20 per cent), he has good intentions and he is good so far (16 per cent), and stability of electricity (15 percent) among other". I don't know whether to laugh but I think we should analyse this together.

1. Security Has Improved(20%):
Which country's security improved? Between the period in question (May 29-June 30), Boko Haram strucked Nigeria's North East 17 times, killing OVER 500 Nigerians in the process with thousands displaced. No single bomb has been thrown at BH terrorists by Nigeria forces since Buhari came onboard. Buhari inherited a motivated military that had so much success against Boko Haram terrorists between February and May 28 this year. In fact, the failure of Buhari against BH insurgency was corroborated by CNN in their July 14 publication. According to CNN

"Earlier this year, the Nigerian military launched a major offensive and recaptured much of the territory it had lost to Boko Haram. But in the last six weeks, over 500 people have been killed in attacks across the northeast of the country."

Which security did they say Buhari improved? We are all aware that the Army under Muhammadu Buhari is yet to kill any Boko terrorist. Is it the security of the terrorists? I will not be surprise if another poll score the President 80% in improved security for July 2015 despite repeated Boko haram attack.

2. "Good Intentions and He is Good So Far"(16 per cent):
How did they measure the intention of the President? I have flipped through the needs of Nigerians and the promises of APC, I couldn't find "Good Intention" as part of our needs. I am equally much confused on "He's Good So Far". Good in what sense? I think these people were out to insult us. This is ridiculous.

It will be safe to conclude that the respondents of that poll(if any was even conducted) were members of Buhari family, APC Chieftains and staffs of Aso rock. The poll is an insult to Nigerians especially to the victims of Boko haram terrorism. It doesn't matter whether the "poll" was conducted by NOI poll or Aisha's poll, it is nothing but a sham and a mere wish of the organisers and the Buhari administration.

May God Bless Us All
chai na so Nigeria take die finish? if within 45 days naira has deprecated to the tone of $1 =245 as against $1=195 when buhari took over and he is proud to spew this trash, then it will be recommended Garuba go for brain tumor checkup. not to talk of bakoharam mass killings in jos, kano, Kaduna yobe and Maiduguri. maybe he is counting on gay marriage he is going to import from USA in few days time. if he bring back gay, God who destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah will destroy him before the arrival of gay bill to NASS. Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
sauceEEP:
Power transmission hit its peak @ 4545MW. This was confirmed by the transmission company of Nigeria (TCN)
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/power-transmission-hits-4545mw/
Did you read the report? Please take note of the emboldened and tell me whether it was GMB's brilliance that added to it.

It will be recalled that TCN Management had, only last week, informed the general public that electricity wheeling to the Distribution companies has improved to over 4000MW due to improvement in fuel supply to the power generation plants

Is Buhari the fuel supplier? Oga shift abeg

1 Like

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by StOla: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
betty202020:
chai na so Nigeria take die finish? if within 45 days naira has deprecated to the tone of $1 =245 as against $1=195 when buhari took over and he is proud to spew this trash, then it will be recommended Garuba go for brain tumor checkup.

The continued depreciation of the Naira is the parting gift left to you by Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala.

It has been falling from N160 since Q4 of 2014, and will continue to fall till Buhari pulls us out of Jonathan's endless pit.

I'm sure you don't expect that to happen in 50days?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Alezy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
MizMyColi:

In all honesty, my area happens to be among those who have seen a fine raise in power supply.
Both Work and Home.
However, what we don't know is if this is equally an offshoot of the GEJ legacy, because so far so good, I do not recall seeing a publication detailing Buhari's strides on formulating robust Energy Distribution Policies.
The increased reserves should also count for something, but folks in some quarters are saying it's because he hasn't spent money on anything "meaningful and impactful"....

Asides what I've detailed above, any other achievement being listed based on some huff-puff ghost statistics is what it is at best, and should be regarded as such...."HOGWASH!"

Talk of a government grappling at straws to save face.
PMB has actually done nothing about power, what u see is the little GEJ was trying to put in place. Our president might not be a dullard but he is absolutely slow. like VERY SLOW.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Dollyak(f): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
Which poll? Did you participate in any poll? Which government can you cite as an example?
I do agree the poll is questionable. However, I think most people would still give him a very high score, simply because of phsychological illusions from his campaign.
Obama's approval rating is a great example as shown by the attached pictures.

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Monsieurshow(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hmmmmmm.............. Dont know why it's difficult for our people to say the truth.what do they want to achieve with this false rating? This is the hand writing of the sycophant. We av to be sincere with ourselves and not use propaganda to destroy things. Buhari seeing these rating may think he is there already whereas alot still need to be done.
Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by Alezy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
StOla:

The continued depreciation of the Naira is the parting gift left to you by Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala.
this is not true and u kw it

1 Like

Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by MizMyColi(f): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Alezy:
PMB has actually done nothing about power, what u see is the little GEJ was trying to put in place. Our president might not be a dullard but he is absolutely slow. like VERY SLOW.

ddippset must not see this, it will make him/her saddergrin
Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
gwales:
I am enjoying 20 hrs of electricity a day. Buhari till tanoids get sense gringringrin

saTANoids are saTANic.
Re: Buhari's "70%" Approval Rating: Who Are They Trying To Deceive? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wailing wailers will always wail.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Nnamdi Kalu Of Radio Biafra Demanding To See His Lawyer Dss Refuse / Aided Fire Victims Pay Thank-you Visit To Gov. Ugwuanyi / Obiano Has Finished Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.