Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Genuine Parts Wahala - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Genuine Parts Wahala (1233 Views)

Fake Parts Are Cheap But Genuine Parts Are Best For Your Vehicle / Naija Kazeems Wahala / Please Where Can I Buy Genuine Parts For Renault/dacia Logan In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genuine Parts Wahala by crispgg: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
I want to find out from the house if there exists anywhere in Nigeria where you can close your eyes and buy brand new spare parts and be sure that they are 100% genuine.

I am tired of having mechanics advise that it is better to buy cheap tokunbo parts than the expensive new parts because one can never be sure if they are genuine.

I am aware that people who use expensive vehicles sometimes have to resort to ordering parts from overseas. How do the professional auto workshop get their parts? Are they original? I'm aware they keep clients cars for months on end sometimes while they struggle to find parts.

Does anyone have an idea please?
Re: Genuine Parts Wahala by mayor2013: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2015
A big question. There are 100% genuine parts in Nigeria but not on the increase cos the market has been overridden with substandard parts. 100% genuine parts are expensive to buy. One question comes to the mind of a customer when you quote him or her a price for a genuine part. Is this not too expensive?" I think he wants to cheat me" forgetting that those are original parts. The Nigerian economy too does nt help matters when it comes to biking and selling parts. What we have here is an open market where different people bring in whatever kind of parts they like. No control and even the standard organisation of Nigeria (SON) is just a complete waste of space. In foreign lands they have got this regulated way of putting in checks and balances, if for instance am a whole saler the company I buy from do not have any righ to sell to an individual rather they direct them down to me being a wholesaler. In such a case the risk of loss is minimal.in summary the blame should be shared between thr the customer and the part seller who only thinks about his or her pockets at the expense of destruction of a customer car
Re: Genuine Parts Wahala by crispgg: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2015
mayor2013:
A big question. There are 100% genuine parts in Nigeria but not on the increase cos the market has been overridden with substandard parts. 100% genuine parts are expensive to buy. One question comes to the mind of a customer when you quote him or her a price for a genuine part. Is this not too expensive?" I think he wants to cheat me" forgetting that those are original parts. The Nigerian economy too does nt help matters when it comes to biking and selling parts. What we have here is an open market where different people bring in whatever kind of parts they like. No control and even the standard organisation of Nigeria (SON) is just a complete waste of space. In foreign lands they have got this regulated way of putting in checks and balances, if for instance am a whole saler the company I buy from do not have any righ to sell to an individual rather they direct them down to me being a wholesaler. In such a case the risk of loss is minimal.in summary the blame should be shared between thr the customer and the part seller who only thinks about his or her pockets at the expense of destruction of a customer car

Thanks @mayor2013 for your response. You actually analysed the issue and challenges properly.

With the challenges associated highlighted above. Is it even possible for a company that decides to sell only genuine parts survive in the Nigerian market?

Are there car owners in Nigeria who are ready to pay for those expensive parts, or do we continue with our tokunbo and sub standard parts jejely.
Re: Genuine Parts Wahala by mayor2013: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2015
crispgg:

Thanks @mayor2013 for your response. You actually analysed the issue and challenges properly.

With the challenges associated highlighted above. Is it even possible for a company that decides to sell only genuine parts survive in the Nigerian market?

Are there car owners in Nigeria who are ready to pay for those expensive parts, or do we continue with our tokunbo and sub standard parts jejely.

That kind of company cannot survive in the Nigerian system. Some car owners will but few of them. The best thing is to go with our toks but minding the fact that not all cars can go with the so-called tokunbo
Re: Genuine Parts Wahala by Crixie(m): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2015
There are a few companies that sell but they are very scarce and most times they don't deal entirely on the genuine parts...In as much as SON has failed in ensuring the circulation of original auto parts in our markets,an equal amount of blame should apportioned to the consumers ...naija peeps can scream that the want qenuine parts but wanna pay "chinco" price for it.And business 101 tells us to make profit u gat to sell what consumers "really want"... so sometimes u can't blame the traders for selling substandard parts

(1) (Reply)

I Need This CAR? / Sharp Toyota Camry 08 1.8M Negotiable. 07067125918 / I Need A Good TOYOTA CAMRY Mechanic - 2014 Model (urgent!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.