Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus (1000 Views)

IPOB Man Places A Coffin For Buhari At Nigerian Embassy In Belgium (Video) / Ekitigate & Tope Aluko: A Festering Tragicomedy By Abiodun Ladepo / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by Zenyes: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
The situation at the Nigerian Embassy is a world wonder of the 21st century.

I took a 5 hour flight with my 6month old son to New York to get a brand new passport for baby and to change my name on my current passport after marriage We left home at 4:30am to the airport to catch our 6:45 flight. We got to the embassy doors at 9am sharp when they open.

First problem; I didn't bring separate money orders for myself and the baby. Una website no talk anything about 2 payments o! Hmm

2nd problem; the process of changing name takes 3-6months pending approval from Abuja! Dem no talk that one online at all!
So you can imagine my annoyance when I have to be pushing stroller all across New York City to buy another money order and then prepaid envelope so they can send us to approved passports.

Long story short, it has been over 3 months now and still no passport. Upon all our taking flight across the country, we have nothing to show for it.
The staff are disorganized, most of them look like they have no function and the others are just too rude to be the faces representing our great Nation. The facility is understaffed, under-equipped, and unprepared to do their jobs.

Small changes that won't cost much:

-Put A/C for the people, I take God beg you!
-Put changing table station in the bathroom for clients with babies (several women and I had to change their babies nappy on the bare floor. Haba!
-Answer your telephone!!! Your website is rubbish, so people need to call you to verify things!
-Update your website! This is the era of online information. Please get with the times and update your website! Give people accurate information about ALL aspects of passport applications, name change, time lines, quantities of items, etc.
-ALL Staff need a lesson/workshop on customer service! Be kind to people, treat them with respect and compassion. That is the Nigerian way. Even if they don't understand something, take patience to explain it to them. (I saw a woman spoken to so condescendingly she started crying, Haba! Grown woman with children, there is God o!)

I don't know how the other embassies are doing business but this New York office was a hellish experience. I've heard better things about the improvements at the Consulate in Canada! Learn from it.

So my people, if you're not looking to be angry, question your sanity, or fear you will almost kill another human being, please stay away from the Nigeria embassy in New York. What a disgrace! Shame Shame Shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
undecided
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by maverickdude(m): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
k
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by temitemi1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Noted!
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by carzola(m): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
for whey tufiakwa follow for headlinn u go know say the op dey vex
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2015

Immediately I saw the topic, I thought it was a Nollywood script especially with the "tufiakwa!" exclamation.
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
temitemi1:
Noted!

Why are you angry?
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by lunaticfringe: 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
I feel your disaffection op... But what do you expect when peeps who embrace mediocrity unabashedly are let to run things...
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by frodobee: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
Frodobee :

Buhari Kardashian the miracle working president will fix it, APeshites say amen!
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
I Heard some time ago that Nigerian Embassy in the states had NEPA problem! Hope that has being sorted?

That picture be like one of those Abandoned State liaising office in V.I. Lagos
Re: Nigerian Embassy In New York: Tufiakwa! A Festering Boil Oozing With Pus by onoja12: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
I HAVE BEEN SAYING IT OH.in fact your case is still better if you visit some Nigerian embassies round the world ,you would regreat been a Nigerian,infact they run the embassy as if it was ment for forgieners not Nigerians.Nigerians are treated like trash in there own embassy.there was one i went to and the stupid man told me i cant enter my embassy without appointment,i told him he must be sick,because he doesn't know what an embassy is,the fool called police for me,i thank God that i knew the commissioner of police in that country and i told him straight to withdraw his boys that it is a Nigerian matter.the government of our country needs to do something fast about the whole foreign Ministry.this guys are not helping Nigeria as a country or its citizen in fact they are accomplices to what happens to Nigerians abroad and they rather than promoted Nigerian image help to spread wicked tale and a devilish image about Nigeria.we need a shake up,if you can complain about New York that had one of the best foreign ministry staff we have in Nigerian as there consular general,then you don't want to know how the rest are doing

Zenyes:
The situation at the Nigerian Embassy is a world wonder of the 21st century.

I took a 5 hour flight with my 6month old son to New York to get a brand new passport for baby and to change my name on my current passport after marriage We left home at 4:30am to the airport to catch our 6:45 flight. We got to the embassy doors at 9am sharp when they open.

First problem; I didn't bring separate money orders for myself and the baby. Una website no talk anything about 2 payments o! Hmm

2nd problem; the process of changing name takes 3-6months pending approval from Abuja! Dem no talk that one online at all!
So you can imagine my annoyance when I have to be pushing stroller all across New York City to buy another money order and then prepaid envelope so they can send us to approved passports.

Long story short, it has been over 3 months now and still no passport. Upon all our taking flight across the country, we have nothing to show for it.
The staff are disorganized, most of them look like they have no function and the others are just too rude to be the faces representing our great Nation. The facility is understaffed, under-equipped, and unprepared to do their jobs.

Small changes that won't cost much:

-Put A/C for the people, I take God beg you!
-Put changing table station in the bathroom for clients with babies (several women and I had to change their babies nappy on the bare floor. Haba!
-Answer your telephone!!! Your website is rubbish, so people need to call you to verify things!
-Update your website! This is the era of online information. Please get with the times and update your website! Give people accurate information about ALL aspects of passport applications, name change, time lines, quantities of items, etc.
-ALL Staff need a lesson/workshop on customer service! Be kind to people, treat them with respect and compassion. That is the Nigerian way. Even if they don't understand something, take patience to explain it to them. (I saw a woman spoken to so condescendingly she started crying, Haba! Grown woman with children, there is God o!)

I don't know how the other embassies are doing business but this New York office was a hellish experience. I've heard better things about the improvements at the Consulate in Canada! Learn from it.

So my people, if you're not looking to be angry, question your sanity, or fear you will almost kill another human being, please stay away from the Nigeria embassy in New York. What a disgrace! Shame Shame Shame!

(1) (Reply)

As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) / Sapele Stadium, Country Of Western Nigeria / Buhari And His Story For The Gods!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.