Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) (996 Views)

Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / President Jammeh Gets His Plane Ready As Nigerian Warship Heads To Gambia.Photos / Aisha Buhari Heads To Brussels (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 1:02am On Jul 16, 2015
I think one of the things that have occupied our airwaves and print media after the war at National Assembly by APC house members is the President’s visit to the USA. This visit has attracted all kinds of opinion. Some believe that President Buhari’s visit to the USA will open doors of opportunities which Nigeria lost during the time of former President Jonathan, while others believe that president’s visit will not be favorable to Nigerians because the USA is known as a country who does not give anything to anybody freely. All these opinions are valid depending on which side of the coin you look at from your standing position. Therefore it will make no meaning trying to ague or disagree with any of the opinions.
But the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which Mr Buhari heads has been laying more emphasis on the security situation of this country. The security situation of Nigeria has moved from bad to worst with every passing day since after May 29th when President Buhari took over from Mr Jonathan. No thanks to the increased suicide bomb attacks by the terrorists operating in the northern part of this country.
Any wise person who loves human being will support President Buhari’s move to win the war over Boko Haram with the corporation of the United States of America. The bloodshed in this country has gone overboard therefore every individual that is called Nigerian not minding where the person resides is supposed to be happy and lend his or her support to the President whom has found favour with the United States of America and other G7 countries.
But personally I have been finding it hard to come into terms with the reason for the enthusiasm that oozes out of Mr Buhari since he returned from G7 meeting in June.
MY CONCERN:
SECURITY; I do not know how the United States will help Nigeria fight and win the war against insurgency when they have failed to even control ISIS in Iraq. The United States of America have their soldiers stationed in Iraq but ISIS has run them out of many places in Iraq. The insurgents have attempted taken over Bagdad many times but Boko Haram has been restricted to Simbisa forest by “weak” Nigerian military. The “strong” USA armies have not been able to stop them ISIS. It now beats my imagination how the USA will now come to Nigeria where they have no military base to help Nigeria win the war on terrorism.
LOOK AT THIS:
When the war against ISIS was at its peak in Tikrit, Iraqi’s second biggest city the USA army were nowhere to be found. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/03/us-isis-battle_n_6795926.html
In March this year the United States Defense Secretary accused Iraqi army of not having the will power to fight ISIS. http://rt.com/usa/261681-carter-iraq-fight-isis-ramadi/ the same thing they accused Nigerian Army of sometimes last year.
In March again this year when al-Qaeda took over some towns in Yemen the USA pulled out their army http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/03/21/yemen-us-military/25138325/
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/21/middleeast/yemen-unrest/
Americans also accused Obama of being slow in fighting ISIS, http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/obama-fight-against-isis-a-long-slow-battle/ so how then will Obama fight the Nigerian insurgents if he has failed woefully to win the war against ISIS in a country which they (USA) have been in control of since 2003.
Why does Nigeria government trust that the USA will help her fight insurgency when the same USA has failed doing same in many other countries? Or is there something Nigerians are not being told here?
As a Nigerian what do you think?

source: http://mindsetshift..com/2015/07/as-buhari-heads-to-united-states-of.html
cc lalasticlala Ishilove
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 1:42am On Jul 16, 2015
please let me hear your opinion in this matter... Ishilove MizMyColi barcanister PhockPhockMan Dharniel brooklyn49 Bishop4bella likata Clitoris777 jieta temitemi1 Ghandi12
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by holytribe(m): 2:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Just in case
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2015
holytribe:
Just in case
humn... Nairalanders unu funny oh
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by likata: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2015
its obvious to student of history that US have nothing to offer nigerian in terms of security expertise.they do not know our terrain the way our soldiers do.the only place US are good its in their country. go ask iraq,Afghanistan...they will only make terrorism worst with their ideas.
and about economy, US do not help for free,its all about give n take
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2015
what I can't really figure out till date is what stops Buhari from carrying out offensive on BH since he took over in may.
or did US tell him not to do anything yet till their agreement is met?

when we wanna consider US help, it's pertinent we look at those they helped before! e.g Libya...where are they today? what's their situation now?

one thing is sure!! US will never give u anything for free, they give u in right hand then use left n collect in three fold....

let's just pray
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by jimi4us: 9:27am On Jul 16, 2015
dis mallam thinks Americans love Nigeria. I laugh. he should better read about all the country Americans have ruined in the name of help.
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by natas22: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2015
When will the price of dollar come down, any fool responsible for the hype should burn in hell for ever.
www.
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
jimi4us:
dis mallam thinks Americans love Nigeria. I laugh. he should better read about all the country Americans have ruined in the name of help.
i still dont know why buhari‘s advisers are drawing his attention to the situation in those countries.
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
natas22:
When will the price of dollar come down, any fool responsible for the hype should burn in hell for ever.
www.
lolzzz
That is what u get when people use cheap propaganda to gain place of leadership.
Re: As Buhari Heads To The United States Of America (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
brooklyn49:
what I can't really figure out till date is what stops Buhari from carrying out offensive on BH since he took over in may.
or did US tell him not to do anything yet till their agreement is met?

when we wanna consider US help, it's pertinent will look at those they helped before! e.g Libya...where are they today? what's their situation now?

one thing is sure!! US will never give u anything for free, they give u in right hand then use left n collect in three fold....

let's just pray
my brother oh... E tire me sha...

(1) (Reply)

Meet 10-yrs-old Boy Who Is An Executioner For ISIS - Photo / Ekweremadu Is A Treacherous, Meddlesome Interloper – APC Chieftain / A Review Of Wailler Association Of Nigeria (WAN) Nairaland Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.