Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time (6237 Views)

5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted / Mexican Singer Patricia Navidad Menstrual Pad Fell Off On-air(video) / Somebody Please Help Me With The Names Of The Artists That Sang These Old Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by jeff101: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2009
GOT THIS FROM 9JAHIPHOP..COM. shocked undecided

the write up is on point but i think he missed a few people like Krazy kulture,black reverendz.feel free to add yours. :

WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Do you ever think what life will be,
where you will go after you die.
-legend of the fall offs
Busta Rhymes
the big bang(2006)

Have you ever wondered what happens after you die?yes,i know we all do.but right now what i would like to know is what really happens to these artists after their career dies off.I mean when the crowd stops yelling,when the record stop selling.What is life like after the fame?
On this note i dedicate this piece to all the artists who were here before but can't be found anywhere,not on the tv,the radio,the charts and the record stores.

1.Tony one week: More like "tony one hit",this guy is a great example of a one hit wonder,after holding the whole nation captive with his gyration album back in the days.tony one hit just disappeared off the radar-only to resurface at star mega jam (2005) to perform his same old hit.

2.Daddy showkey: The dreadlocked Ajegunle musician who single handedly put ajegunle on the map with hits like dyna,congratulation,welcome e.t.c. hasn't had an album since like forever and a comeback doesn't seem likely with the kind of competition out there.

3.Slam: Naija's own former answer to R&B is questionably absent on the charts and elsewhere.After serenading us with songs like "thinking about you,booty dance",slam just fell off after he was dropped from kennis music and still hasn't been able to find his feet.

4.Timi: A product of the house that eldee built before absconding to yankee.Timi in his heydays had hits like"na flash,enitan & lem tight" and was next in line to blow up but he turned out to be a dud.he will probably make a song whenever some new technology comes into naija.

5.Azadus: "You is the one & Madam" were tearing up charts couple of years back.but down the lane azadus fell off badly.i guess the industry became too hazardous for weak artists like him.the boy wasn't really talented to start with.

6.Eddy remedy: Describe eddy montana in one sentence?the only unsuccesful member of the defunct remedies.eddy is yet to arrive even after dropping the arrival of eddy remedy.got the greatest sonning of all time from the ogungbes.does anyone remember his song "gbese"

7.Baba fryo: This man's career is so dead and i don't see him coming back anytime soon."Denge pose" was clearly a hit back in the days when the industry was yet to be.no one has heard from him recently but one thing we know for sure is that he isn't in the studio.

8.Rule clean: Too bad this guy never got what he wanted.after dropping "wetin you want" to lukewarm reception.he ran off to germany while his career got buried in the graveyard of payback time records.

9.Seyi shodimu: "Love me jeje & Money man" made him famous in nigeria and beyond.but we ain't heard nothing from him recently and we may not as mr money man doesn't need to put out an album again if he so wishes.dude is so paid.

10.Rasqie: When kennis music was at the top,rasqie was riding high on the back of hits like "ati ready,idan,soji"e.t.c.but ever since rugged man dissed him s*@t has never been the same again.ras's career is so dead.R.I.P
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by frijos(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2009
I have the ability to bring back to life the career of any artiste whom people feel can no longer be revived and also help restore for him/her a reputation of high value and standard in society.

I don't think i'm that well-known or i'm popular but those who know me may say the FJ Friday Joseph I know sings/write songs.

I soon found out that though I have the ability to sing and write good songs, I also find it easier to help friends whose career/reputation is suffering in the music industry.

Any artiste at all who needs to get his/her music career up and running again should call me.

Yes, i'm into "Artiste Branding" for real.

I've participated in several webinars and invested in several audios and books on branding for several years and it's time to put it to practice!

I have already started and i'm giving a special offer exclusively to budding artistes on nairaland who need this kind of help. From now til the 15th of March, 2009 i'll be helping them "on discount basis". Therefore, anyone who is humble can call me on 0808-809-7763 or send me an email at creamedelacreame@yahoo.com

The name is FJ Friday Joseph

Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Baro(m): 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2009
Slam is back, and i think he stands a chance
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by mrmetoo1: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2009
Alariwo
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by badman(m): 12:50am On Mar 11, 2009
soul e
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Samuel1580: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2009
Like Dj Zeez said in one of his tracks "Confirm": It is not hard to get to the top, the hardest bit is to stay on top.

It is easy to produce a hit but very hard to be consistent in producing hits. That is the typical problem with 9ja artiste.

Also, been proud kills alot of them eg Olu Maintain, bigiano etc.
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by spikedcylinder: 5:30pm On Mar 11, 2009
mr_me_too:

Alariwo

This one best remains under ground.
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by frijos(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2009
THE EDUCATED ONES ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO IS REALLY MAKING IT IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS. IF THE "VICTIMS" HAD USE THE SERVICES OF CONSULTANTS IN THE AREAS OF BRANDING, PROMOTION, PUBLICITY AND MARKETING THEY WOULD NOT HAVE FELL "VICTIMS" IN THE FIRST PLACE. MAKING A COME-BACK LOOKS DIFFICULT BUT IT'S POSSIBLE WITH THE RIGHT TIPS.

CALL ME TODAY IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST AND YOU ARE SMART AND YOU WANT YOUR STUFF DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND YOU DON'T WANT TO FALL "VICTIM" ON 0808-809-7763

GOD BLESS!
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by WarfyBoy(m): 1:20am On Mar 12, 2009
franko tia tia

father u turn

jazzman olofin

azadus
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by frijos(m): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2009
IF U DON'T WANT YOUR STORY TO BE AS THAT OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED NAMES CALL ME TODAY "0808-809-7763" AND START GETTING YOUR TIPS FOR TRUE AND LASTING SUCCESS IN MUSIC BUSINESS
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by KEL2009: 11:48pm On May 30, 2009
SLAM has not fallen big time, SLAM IS BACK BIG TIME WITH A HOT NEW TRACK CALLED BUKU BUKU AND A HOT NEW VIDEO CHECK IT OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqK7-7MXXE

KELS FROM LONDON
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by KEL2009: 11:50pm On May 30, 2009
SLAMS HOT NEW TRACK BUKU BUKU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqK7-7MXXE
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by KEL2009: 11:57pm On May 30, 2009
slam is back[/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt]
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by simonseez: 7:13am On May 31, 2009
nice post, and who is this Frijos tryn to do some marketin, ?

Slam has never appealed to me, dnt think he wil now, the game is past him

How bout Age Baker??, u guys remember those classic hits (Angelica and Girl of my dreams), still carry them around on my phone,
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by stkris(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2009
ruleclean is still doing his thing, even though its not catching on in the nigerian scene probly coz he aint really pushing it to. he is really talented. . check out some of his newer songs www.myspace.com/ruleclean my favorites are "jason bourne" and "naija 4 life".
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by obinna5000(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2009
jeff101:

GOT THIS FROM 9JAHIPHOP..COM. shocked undecided

the write up is on point but i think he missed a few people like Krazy kulture,black reverendz.feel free to add yours. :

WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Do you ever think what life will be,
where you will go after you die.
-legend of the fall offs
Busta Rhymes
the big bang(2006)

Have you ever wondered what happens after you die?yes,i know we all do.but right now what i would like to know is what really happens to these artists after their career dies off.I mean when the crowd stops yelling,when the record stop selling.What is life like after the fame?
On this note i dedicate this piece to all the artists who were here before but can't be found anywhere,not on the tv,the radio,the charts and the record stores.

1.Tony one week: More like "tony one hit",this guy is a great example of a one hit wonder,after holding the whole nation captive with his gyration album back in the days.tony one hit just disappeared off the radar-only to resurface at star mega jam (2005) to perform his same old hit.

2.Daddy showkey: The dreadlocked Ajegunle musician who single handedly put ajegunle on the map with hits like dyna,congratulation,welcome e.t.c. hasn't had an album since like forever and a comeback doesn't seem likely with the kind of competition out there.

3.Slam: Naija's own former answer to R&B is questionably absent on the charts and elsewhere.After serenading us with songs like "thinking about you,booty dance",slam just fell off after he was dropped from kennis music and still hasn't been able to find his feet.

4.Timi: A product of the house that eldee built before absconding to yankee.Timi in his heydays had hits like"na flash,enitan & lem tight" and was next in line to blow up but he turned out to be a dud.he will probably make a song whenever some new technology comes into naija.

5.Azadus: "You is the one & Madam" were tearing up charts couple of years back.but down the lane azadus fell off badly.i guess the industry became too hazardous for weak artists like him.the boy wasn't really talented to start with.

6.Eddy remedy: Describe eddy montana in one sentence?the only unsuccesful member of the defunct remedies.eddy is yet to arrive even after dropping the arrival of eddy remedy.got the greatest sonning of all time from the ogungbes.does anyone remember his song "gbese"

7.Baba fryo: This man's career is so dead and i don't see him coming back anytime soon."Denge pose" was clearly a hit back in the days when the industry was yet to be.no one has heard from him recently but one thing we know for sure is that he isn't in the studio.

8.Rule clean: Too bad this guy never got what he wanted.after dropping "wetin you want" to lukewarm reception.he ran off to germany while his career got buried in the graveyard of payback time records.

9.Seyi shodimu: "Love me jeje & Money man" made him famous in nigeria and beyond.but we ain't heard nothing from him recently and we may not as mr money man doesn't need to put out an album again if he so wishes.dude is so paid.

10.Rasqie: When kennis music was at the top,rasqie was riding high on the back of hits like "ati ready,idan,soji"e.t.c.but ever since rugged man dissed him s*@t has never been the same again.ras's career is so dead.R.I.P

They forgot to mention Zaaki Adzee and Blackky.
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by las240s(m): 12:59am On Jun 01, 2009
eddy remedy
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by las240s(m): 1:21am On Jun 01, 2009
to make a hit is truely not easy but however its easier to produce a hit than sustaining the hit some do this and fade off into thin air within a year or two u can only tell the heavy weight champions by those who have been there right from the birth of the Afro hip hop industry till now e.g ARTQUAKE i believe u'll agree with me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-RjfXegCsg
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Riskie(f): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2009
Styl-Plus embarassed cry
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by ShotCaller: 2:44pm On Jun 01, 2009
IF U DON'T WANT YOUR STORY TO BE AS THAT OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED NAMES CALL ME TODAY "0808-809-7763" AND START GETTING YOUR TIPS FOR TRUE AND LASTING SUCCESS IN MUSIC BUSINESS

sir.u are becoming a nuisance, stop seeking for what u cannot get or give, go and pay and advertises in tabloids, we are not ur target marget,

Alariwo is finished,

Tony tetuila, almost gone
fadabasi, joker
father u turn, gone with the wind,
danny wilson, sells bread for a living
alex o, lost without visa in yankee.

and lots more jokers
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by opensesame: 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
jeff101:

1.Tony one week: More like "tony one hit",
This guy is so wack!!! He DEFINITELY has some sort of weird deal with STAR for them to keep featuring him in their shows, as irrelevant as he is these days.

jeff101:

Slam was so kool!! Great songs, and he had great vids for that tym too. Last I heard, his album was supposed to drop May 26th (his bday). Hope he does fyn.

jeff101:

I wont agree that Azadus was talentless. 'You is d one' was dope. He did fantastic with def-o-klan too.

jeff101:

The only unsuccessful member of The Remedies?? So, Tony Tetuila and Idris are successful?? Me did not know that! tongue

jeff101:

Rasqie: When kennis music was at the top,rasqie was riding high on the back of hits like "ati ready,idan,soji"e.t.c.but ever since rugged man dissed him s*@t has never been the same again.ras's career is so dead.R.I.P
Good Riddance!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Bamsyle(m): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2009

5.Azadus: . . . i guess the industry became too hazardous for weak artists like him.the boy wasn't really talented to start with.

Raging typhoons, how can Azadus be referred to as "weak" or "not talented"?? . . . true, he fell off . . . and yeah, he must have made his mistakes . . . but to label him wack??

Nah . . . he's better than a lot of noisemakers on the scene presently.
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by oyinda3(f): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2009
buhahhahaha
funny topic.

styl plus should be on the list
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by NVQ2: 2:15am On Jun 06, 2009
Dear all,
Basically methinks the world is a stage and its 'soldier go soldier come' some artiste might have falling cos they refuse to grow and re-invent themselves while some might have fallen due to bad decision .I also believe it has to do with us too their audience and how we percieve music and what we promote and celebrate,and if I might say it right now all we celebrate is 'mediocrity'musically,we just wanna dance -a song just for the moment irrespective of any gibberish the artiste is saying,we dont want music ,we dont wanna listen,we dont want a song we can feel,experience and grow with .its sad! This is the reason the lifespan of all our so called hit song 12months top -I ask do you still have these songs on your Ipods or play them on CDs -Dbanjs 'why me',olu maintains'yahooze',x-projects-'lorile'etcand tell me if you not already gettin bored with songs like '4kasibe',booty call',bosom fc' 'iyalaya won','maga don pay' ,'kinni big deal'and co, and how old are these songs if i may ask? are we not partly responsible for whats happening in that industry? artistes that talk sense we dont celebrate ,they dont win awards and we dont vote for them,we still have good music .we have ariste that talk sense like Sound sultan,Nigga raw,Asa , but we dont promote them ,they dont get those concerts like Glo,NBL ,Guiness etc why ?lets ask if we are not the one killing the industry .
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by eleshin(m): 12:58am On Jun 07, 2009
blackfaze naija.
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by chiogo(f): 5:10am On Jun 07, 2009
I love Slam's music. where has he been? Hope he makes an album soon.
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2009
Fr33StyL3! Dem jst abadon the Guy grin
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by dejiariyo: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2009
Sauce kid, he came with all the buzz but no where to be found, his career ended before its started
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by wanitas(f): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2009
the 'crowned' king of rap, selfacclaimed best rapper, FREESTYLE, where de arrogant boy de?,
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2009
wanita_s:

the 'crowned' king of rap, selfacclaimed best rapper, FREESTYLE, where de arrogant boy de?,

Him don CRASH!

Make the guy go attachee with ELDEE back oo!!
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2009
Rasquie has a new song out (to me anyway) and my ears didn't bleed, this is really great news cheesy

Saw the video today
Re: Nigerian Artists That Fell Off Big Time by AkinW: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ faakay
@ wanita_s

Yeye follow you guys FREESTYLE has been flirting with T-PAIN and has just released a new naija track with T-PAIN called "everybody else"

Go to music at http://wetin-dey.com to listen its very very very new,

Akin
Wetin-dey.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Music : Iyanya FT. Lil Kesh - Okamfor (DOWNLOAD) / Jesse Jagz - Mamacita + Bad Girl Ft. Wizkid [DOWNLOAD] / Download Gospel Music: Micah Stampley - Glory To The Lamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.