Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? (13037 Views)

Complete Solar/inverter System To Power Your Homes, Offices And Farms / FRSC Boss Cuts Hair Of Female Officials For Breaching Dress Code(photo) / Your Offices Flat Shoes At Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Segadem(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
Johnestins1:
Are we primary school student
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by infinixnote: 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yes....in Private Institutions though tongue

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ayusco85(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ayusco85(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
There should be dress code, depending on how formal the office or job description is.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Lilimax(f): 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
We have a dress code in my office.
There are ways you should not dress in my office especially on fridays which you're suppose to dress-down.

Friday dressings are strictly business casuals else you may be disciplined when caught violating the rules smiley
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Nweike1: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yes it does! You are addressed the way you dress
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Cutehector(m): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Bsc:
It seems academic environment is getting more decent in dressing than some churches... Honestly ..op let the revolution start from churches.. Last 2wks sunday I almost released (new album) inside church because wetin of on girl wear come church. Hehehe
hahahahahahahahha.. Yeah you are right...
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by exlinkleads(f): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dress code is imperative in every works of life

If you don't put it there, be sure you will in the near future

Cus ladies and gents will always dress anyhow they like
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Cutehector(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
Lilimax:
We have a dress code in my office.
There are ways you should not dress in my office especially on fridays which you're suppose to dress-down.

Friday dressings are strictly business casuals else you may be disciplined when caught violating the rules smiley
would u mind telln me what d disciplinary action looks like
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Lilimax(f): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
Cutehector:
would u mind telln me what d disciplinary action looks like
It may attract a query of cause smiley
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Cutehector(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Lilimax:

It may attract a query of cause smiley
alright... I was thinkin they will be flogged grin
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by peeta89(m): 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
In my opinion, I don't support the use of uniforms in a work environment. The only thing that the organisation should do is to inform their employees that they don't want indecent dress code. Employees should dress smartly to work.

As for University it should be encouraged. Maybe every department should have their dress code. The way ladies dress on campuses is nothing to write home about.

Let's try and tell ourselves the truth.........
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by UniqueGem(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Johnestins1:
Are we primary school student
*pupil
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by strongerthaneva(m): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Diesel1:
Dis is Diesel, I'm calling from Biafra land
ur calls have been jammed in nigeria pls try again at another planet thank you..

1 Like

Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by effrebor(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by moshould(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Even security sef no like uniformit depends on d job and salary...but as fr schol, no way..
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
ShakurM:
For me, I personally prefer dress code in Universities .

The Law students wear black n white

The Accounting students wear sky blue n black...etc

Dress code saves money man! I no fit dey rock Jordans go class in other to keep up with craze or fad trends!

It gives this academic atmosphere, much respect is given to them, I so admire the black n white Law students.

Dress codes gives a guideline, imagine you wearing Timberlands and dog chains to class, this is an academic arena not a rap battle contest!

The way you dress is the way u will be addressed.

Mind you, dress code is different from uniform. B4 u quote me, get ur head right.

I like the bolded part! For all those people mentioning primary school.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ephi123(f): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
ShakurM:

Dress code saves money man! I no fit dey rock Jordans go class in other to keep up with craze or fad trends!

It gives this academic atmosphere, much respect is given to them, I so admire the black n white Law students.

Dress codes gives a guideline, imagine you wearing Timberlands and dog chains to class, this is an academic arena not a rap battle contest!

Mind you, dress code is different from uniform. B4 u quote me, get ur head right.

That line got me, hahaha cheesy Good post
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ShakurM(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2015
vfactor:

I like the bolded part! For all those people mentioning primary school.
lol, they are kids.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ShakurM(m): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
ephi123:

That line got me, hahaha cheesy Good post
Tnx man, truth must be upheld o
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by 240naija(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
ShakurM:
lol, they are kids.

Maybe! I wonder how somebody will dress anyhow they like, just because they re undergraduates. They dont know that there re clothes appropriate for every ocassion.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Karleb(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
I thought every University has its own dress code? undecided
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by amofum(m): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Students should be partners in an academic environment, why should dress code be imposed on partners?
Without them the school is just............... NOTHING. Policies like this has continued to accentuate the disconnect between the TOWN and GOWN. Dress code for law students has not effectively increased the quality of lawyers been produced. The society is evolving rapidly. Let the school stay LIBERAL.
Let no gender be held responsible for the misbehaviour of the other (she dressed seductively peeps). Let all learn to cope in the dynamic society.

For work, let the board decide. I've seen work teams without STRINGENT dress code policies. Only thing here is dress for the occasion.

Just my THOUGHT
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by petkoffDrake(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
unless I'll b given WARDROBE allowance
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by ModiKen(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
ShakurM:

Well said!

Love the "Timbalands and dog chains" as well as the "Rap battle" part. grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Tundesamuel99(m): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
There should in d office but nt in skul
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by pinkrose7: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
DRESS CODE! not uniform.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by Greatfes17: 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dress code is necessary, uniform barred.
Re: Should There Be A Dress Code In Offices And Universities? by danymaina: 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
Diesel1:
Dis is Diesel, I'm calling from Biafra land
. Plc what is this biafra land help me out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Do I Know That My Company Remmited The Tax Deducted From My Salary To / Eight Things Remarkably Successful People Do / Can I Use Internationally Obtained Certificate To Work In Nigeria Civil Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.