Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? (7571 Views)

10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by uzwu: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
you will definetely enjoy your stay if you stick to the advice above. All the best!
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 2:53pm On Mar 18, 2009
grin grin grin YES - I got my visa, so everything is settled - - - very soon i will see igboland :-)
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by blacksta(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
Please stay away - i beg you in Jesus name
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 7:27am On Mar 20, 2009
@blacksta

what do you mean by stay away?
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by bigug04(m): 3:16am On Mar 23, 2009
i really think you have all the information, why don't you tell us about your country, immigration,border,the cheapest hotel in Basel, the cheapest way to get there from Netherland and, everything.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by bigug04(m): 3:21am On Mar 23, 2009
is it by train or bus?
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2009
@bigug04

Sorry, i have never been to basel ( i live in zürich) and i have also never travelled to the netherlands, so i can not help you out with more information about that, u migth just have to look on the internet.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Amigoz(f): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2009
bigug04:

i really think you have all the information, why don't you tell us about your country, immigration,border,the cheapest hotel in Basel, the cheapest way to get there from Netherland and, everything.

Why dont u do wot tourist do, log on to the tourist website for the country u want to visit, it will tell u all u need to know. undecided
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2009
@amigoz

lol, you are very funny, but thanks for saving my thread :-)
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by centrino: 9:30am On Mar 25, 2009
udode,

You are yet to invite me for the wedding. At least I live close by and wouldn't mind coming to share with you.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2009
@ centrino

you want to come to the wedding !?!
but you know it is not my own and it will take place in enugu :-)
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 10:48am On Mar 25, 2009
;d
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by olumideaeo(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2009
Welcome to the great Nation NIGERIA where good people inhabit.
Another thing you will have to do quickly is to adapt to the environment and with the People.
You are to be friendly to Nigerians back home and humble enough to associate your self with them. You will have to feel and see the urban and rural parts of this country NIGERIA (the poor and the rich), so you must prepare yourself well for that.
Wishing you safe trip and success in all your engagements.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2009
@olu

thnx - - i have some ideas of what to expect. Of course I will adapt to the culture and the people, actually i am already trying my best here (learning igbo for example) lol, but it isnt easy i tell you!

additionally i have already been in touch with the family through the phone, i have sent them gifts and i will bring some more when i am going now, so I am pretty sure they will welcome we warlmy!
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 9:39am On Apr 07, 2009
Hey everyone

Can you believe it, I am leaving tomorrow :-)
I am sooo excited!!
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by olumideaeo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
Hi Udode,
You are welcome to this great Nation. How was your trip. Hope you are finding it interesting here in Nigeria. May God continue to protect you in all your journeys.
Let's know about your experience and challenges.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by platinumnk(f): 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2009
hey udode!

Have fun I'm also traveling to the east in a couple of weeks.
I'm flying straight to PH, I cant wait to see my BF!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2009
guess who's back

wow what an exciting trip, i had such a wonderful time,
i dont even know where to start

-the food (delicious) omg i ate nice soups and fresh fruit and and and, anything was just delicious, except for the usu (sorry i dont know how to spell this in igbo - its bat), i didnt like that one sooo much, but it was ok
- the people were just amazing. wherever i went, all the kids and all the people looked at me, oyibo here, oniocha there, it was unbelievably nice and the people where so open and welcoming, nno everywhere, we (white people) could really learn something from these people
- the house(s) - lol a real adventure, as i didnt stay in a hotel i could experience real nigerian life, as well in lagos as in the village i have stayed with the family, which was wonderful. these people are so close together, anything you do you do it as a family, you cook, you eat, you drink, just amazing. something we dont usually do here in europe. I enjoyed listening to radio 90.90 at night, taking a cold shower outside the house while looking at the stars, eating fresh mangos every day, drinking gulder and palmwine :-)
- the language, wow igbo is really hard, especially the pronunciation. but at least i could manage some words and i was never ashamed to reply ntakere ntakeri if someone asked me if i speak igbo, it always made them laugh, and me too of course
- highlits i would say was the trip from aba to lagos by bus (the engine broke down after 2 hours) and we had to wait for 3 hours in the hot sun before we could manage to get a lift, it was very an exciting day and after 13 hours of travelling i finnally got to bed, another highlight was a wedding, and a traditional zeremonie of one guy in the village who became a red cap member :-)

Summary: I am already planning to go again over christmas, i just loooooved it!!!
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by morpheus24: 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2009
Udode:

guess who's back

-the food (delicious) omg i ate nice soups and fresh fruit and and and, anything was just delicious, except for the usu (sorry i dont know how to spell this in igbo - its bat), i didnt like that one sooo much, but it was ok
- the people were just amazing. wherever i went, all the kids and all the people looked at me, oyibo here, oniocha there, it was unbelievably nice and the people where so open and welcoming, nno everywhere, we (white people) could really learn something from these people
- the house(s) - lol a real adventure, as i didnt stay in a hotel i could experience real nigerian life, as well in lagos as in the village i have stayed with the family, which was wonderful. these people are so close together, anything you do you do it as a family, you cook, you eat, you drink, just amazing. something we dont usually do here in europe. I enjoyed listening to radio 90.90 at night, taking a cold shower outside the house while looking at the stars, eating fresh mangos every day, drinking gulder and palmwine :-)
- the language, wow igbo is really hard, especially the pronunciation. but at least i could manage some words and i was never ashamed to reply ntakere ntakeri if someone asked me if i speak igbo, it always made them laugh, and me too of course
- highlits i would say was the trip from aba to lagos by bus (the engine broke down after 2 hours) and we had to wait for 3 hours in the hot sun before we could manage to get a lift, it was very an exciting day and after 13 hours of travelling i finnally got to bed, another highlight was a wedding, and a traditional zeremonie of one guy in the village who became a red cap member :-)

Summary: I am already planning to go again over christmas, i just loooooved it!!!

Glad you had a good time. Please report these experiences to others who think all Nigerians are nothing but scammers and unfriendly.We need ambassadors like you to share their positive experiencies with others.

Can't believe you even tried "Bat".
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2009
oh thnx, people that have prejudices like you mentioned, i am not sure if my experience will help, because those people have either never been to nigeria before or they must be very ignorant of other culutres and habits,

yes i have tried bat and other bushmeat (something like a rat too, ) lol
because i think you can never say that you like or dont like something unless you try it!
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by morpheus24: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2009
Udode:

yes i have tried bat and other bushmeat (something like a rat too, ) lol
because i think you can never say that you like or dont like something unless you try it!
You are quite brave and adventurous cause I have never tried Bushmeat before or maybe I have and never really knew! lol
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2009
grin

I am sure you would have known, since it is not in peaces, so if you eat bat you see the head of the bat, and if you eat the bushrat you see the head and the tail of that too :-) lol
unless you eat it in the dark :-)
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by DisGuy: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2009
Welcome back glad you had a good trip

pictures?? wink
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 11:35am On Apr 28, 2009
i will try to fix some, but maybe by next week, im tooo busy for now :-)
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by madudu: 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2009
how long have u been out of nigeria?
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2009
madudu:

how long have u been out of nigeria?

Did you read this thread from the begining?

She's not Nigerian, it's her first trip to Nigeria.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by SeanT21(f): 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2009
Udode:

guess who's back

I am jealous oo. if you toke some pics,POST IT!!
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Sammy107d(m): 1:36am On Apr 29, 2009
im glad u had a great time wink
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by Udode(f): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ everyone

I have treid to post pics several thimes but it looks like it is not working from my computer, i was able to put them on facebook, i dont know what should be different with nairaland, but i cannot post them, grr, i would have liked to share some of them with you guys,
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by DisGuy: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
what does it say when you are trying to upload?
you can try upload one at a time or
try online re-sizers http://www.picresize.com/
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by MandingoII(m): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2009
Glad you had a good time. Please report these experiences to others who think all Nigerians are nothing but scammers and unfriendly.We need ambassadors like you to share their positive experiencies with others.

yeah right.

Ambassadors to what?

She's just a thirsty white galie that got a hold to an igbo man. Of course she's in heaven. She could have pulled that from her internet.
Re: Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? by sley4life(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2009
u must think like a nigerian and act like one. U must turn to an hustler to aclimatize easily with 9ja

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ How Do I Resolve The Wrong Date Of Birth On My Transcript / Does KLM Flight To UK Require Transit Visa At Amsterdam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.