Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break (18345 Views)

Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself / Upper View From OAU Matriculation At Amphi Theatre. Acting VC absent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by tall2ce(m): 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
mtcheeew
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by INTERMAN: 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Na so
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by jeffizy(m): 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
And they made a big deal of announcing an indefinite break earlier on.
Yeye dey smell.

Good for the students.
Less irritants online.
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by markpeakson(m): 12:00am On Jul 17, 2015
Okay.
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Davo93(m): 12:10am On Jul 17, 2015
creamycute:
Thank God o...oau makes grand record by resuming from a strike action just after a week.

This great news.

I REP GREAT IFE grin
Really surprising here too but guess what? the reason why the strike was called in the first place is yet to be sorted out. Lectures resuming on Tuesday in OAU may only be a mirage.

1 Like

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by pdemand(m): 12:42am On Jul 17, 2015
I hope someone will attend to me cos I need to get my cert on Tuesday. Anybody with info regarding the NASU strike?
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by masciv: 12:59am On Jul 17, 2015
I saw this resumption date and i laughed out loud. Why you may ask?
Cos this might just be a mirage. I wondered why the school announced to the public that it was giving it's students a mid-semester break (something I've never heard and neither I've seen nor thought of throughout my stay in the school), knowing fully well that it's a strike action by the NASU. I believe calling the holiday what it is in reality would be detrimental to the credibility of the vice chancellor and his admin during his tenure. The lie has obviously gone beyond the point of being retracted such that the admin has no option but to announce a resumption date as the case is now but which may just be a facade. We might as well resume to go on the real strike which the school admin has tried to hide from the public view since the whole issue with NASU hasn't been resolved. Hasn't anyone observed that on the announcement of the so called "mid-semester break", the date of resumption was clearly indicated as "till further notice". Why then has the admin directed students to resume next Tuesday? It may as well be that they want to exonerate themselves such that we resume and for a week try to stall to get a deal with NASU and if NASU refuses to budge, they then announce that NASU has embarked on a strike action. Even if that's not the case, we may indeed resume but without the NASU members with the result being SUG wahala again such that we can't study without water and power supply - amenities provided by the NASU. In any case, let's watch and see how this turns out come Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Molz(m): 1:53am On Jul 17, 2015
I RESUME FOR TUESDAY.,,,,,,,I BEND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by timinpharm(m): 1:59am On Jul 17, 2015
masciv:
I saw this resumption date and i laughed out loud. Why you may ask?
Cos this might just be a mirage. I wondered why the school announced to the public that it was giving it's students a mid-semester break (something I've never heard and neither I've seen nor thought of throughout my stay in the school), knowing fully well that it's a strike action by the NASU. I believe calling the holiday what it is in reality would be detrimental to the credibility of the vice chancellor and his admin during his tenure. The lie has obviously gone beyond the point of being retracted such that the admin has no option but to announce a resumption date as the case is now but which may just be a facade. We might as well resume to go on the real strike which the school admin has tried to hide from the public view since the whole issue with NASU hasn't been resolved. Hasn't anyone observed that on the announcement of the so called "mid-semester break", the date of resumption was clearly indicated as "till further notice". Why then has the admin directed students to resume next Tuesday? It may as well be that they want to exonerate themselves such that we resume and for a week try to stall to get a deal with NASU and if NASU refuses to budge, they then announce that NASU has embarked on a strike action. Even if that's not the case, we may indeed resume but without the NASU members with the result being SUG wahala again such that we can't study without water and power supply - amenities provided by the NASU. In any case, let's watch and see how this turns out come Tuesday.
dis is exactly what av been telling ma guys.,dey jez want to exonerate demselves 4rm dis really messed up situation,dey've even gone as far as telling nasu dat dose dat refuse to resume on Tuesday will def face d consequence..,#smh
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 17, 2015
Congrat!!! I wish you all the best.
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:02am On Jul 17, 2015
Fynestboi:

Erm sorry it was never a strike but "MID SEMESTER BREAK" tongue
Were students asked to leave the halls of residence?
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 17, 2015
see dis ppl wan kill pesin with work again. make dem wait small na
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 17, 2015
Davo93:
Really surprising here too but guess what? the reason why the strike was called in the first place is yet to be sorted out. Lectures resuming on Tuesday in OAU may only be a mirage.

Lets wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by undisputedgbola(m): 6:08am On Jul 17, 2015
sisiafrika:
Who will invite me for Sallah's meat?
What is Sallah's meat? cool
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by OAUTemitayo: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2015
Nobody can force us to leave the halls.
OrlandoOwoh:

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by harjibolar10(m): 6:30am On Jul 17, 2015
Kizzykeziah you better come and see this, eh?
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Rapsodee(m): 6:38am On Jul 17, 2015
As if NASU-ish has been resolved!...
who go resume and face no light and water again,Omole tink say transportation naa free?...Smh!!...as much as I want to resume on Tuesday,I also want the issue to be solved before packing my books come back!
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by afonomics(m): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2015
Anyi3:
Na secondary school?

When is the next PTA meeting?

They will b making mouth. My school can never disseminates Info with that kind of paper. No bulletin, na plain sheet.. kai. smh. Even my secondary school get better letter head
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Uricas(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2015
afonomics:

My school can never [disburse] Info with that kind of paper. No bulletin, na plane sheet.. kai. smh. Even my secondary school get better letter head
your diction is killing...
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by fineyemi(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2015
The news is also on www.guru9ja.com
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Opera240: 7:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Shey management n s'haro Ni?

2 Likes

Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:11am On Jul 17, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
Nobody can force us to leave the halls.
Sometimes during the tenure of Prof. Michael Faborode, after students brought down the gate of SUB, they were given 24 hours to leave the halls of residence over what the management called mid-semester break.
The mid-semester break given some years after was as a result of the strike of NASU which led to the closure of the library, health centre and power house. Though nobody was forced to leave.
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by nicholasis(m): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2015
I think it's confirmed cos there was light and water when you guys left.
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by valmunich(m): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2015
Harmattan semester ni
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by engrjacuzzi: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2015
our institutions need serious funding.
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by sisiafrika(f): 8:05am On Jul 17, 2015
Kunlexic:
come to my house
invitation card da?
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by sisiafrika(f): 8:06am On Jul 17, 2015
undisputedgbola:
What is Sallah's meat? cool
koshi danu! www.google.com
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by Fynestboi: 8:35am On Jul 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nope....
Re: Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break by emmasege: 8:42am On Jul 17, 2015
oluwadanie1:
yes, the secondary school just came back from their mid-term break...
Never you equate the most beautiful university campus in Naija to that glorified secondary school you attended. If you haven't visited OAU campus, you have no idea what a University campus/life should be. Get out of your local zone and visit other universities, particularly the OAU. A visit will make you bow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 / Fut Minna Remedial Form Now On Sale / Riddle; Smart Answers Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.