Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? (3007 Views)

Who Else Got This Message From N Power? / UBA Plc Aptitude Test Invitees, Lets Meet Here / 2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
I got this message from them inviting me for an aptitude test at UBA PLC,Marina on Tuesday 21st,2015.The greatest challenge I have right now is how to excuse myself from my current job which I started barely two weeks ago.This quote has been in my head all evening while thinking of my next course of action,"A bird in hand is worth more than thousands in the bush."Please anyone with a good advice on what to do would be highly appreciated.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by Abbeyme: 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
To be shortlisted for the Aptitude test, Congrats to you...

Wishing you the best of success. You may call in sick to your current manager, or just tell them you have an urgent call from home.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by abimbawealth(f): 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
Is/Was there a need for you to paste the details on here?
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
abimbawealth:
Is/Was there a need for you to paste the details on here?
Post which details? Is there anything so secretive or private in the message that shouldn't have been made public?I only requested for advice on my own challenge and wanted to know if some people got same SMS as only me couldn't have gotten it, your point is noted though.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Abbeyme:
To be shortlisted for the Aptitude test, Congrats to you...

Wishing you the best of success. You may call in sick to your current manager, or just tell them you have an urgent call from home.
Amen, thanks,wishing you success too.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by Bambizzle4k4556: 5:27am On Jul 17, 2015
how did u apply?
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by walearoy(m): 6:58am On Jul 17, 2015
If you earn more than 70k pls don't bother going!

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by frank045(m): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2015
If ur comfortable wit the one U R doing guy cary on wit it. Remember ur proverb, a bird at hand z more dan thousands in d bush. Congrat for shortlisting ur name.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2015
walearoy:
If you earn more than 70k pls don't bother going!
I earn below 60k
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by Alexisu: 8:49am On Jul 17, 2015
My brother, I can understand d situation cos I battled with it last month. Called in sick on the morning of an interview with a company, but my boss asked me to take drugs and get to the office b4 10. I ignored her and went for the interview because in d first place her pay was not encouraging. The next day, she was furious and I was sacked. I already knew it was not going to be easy but I had to take the risk.
My point is weight your options your especially because you ar a new employee.
If you want to risk it, brace up for the worst case scenerio which is you are fired.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by Craven: 9:02am On Jul 17, 2015
I can tell you are worried the recruitment process will interfere with your job. I think you shouldn't. Recruitment processes usually take a while. The duration between being invited for an Aptitude Test and being called for medicals can usually take between six months to a year. Or even more. There is usually a huge interval between a step and another.

It is always advisable to explore better options while keeping your current job. Do not let a good opportunity pass you by. Settling for less because you are scared that a good opportunity might not work out will not do you any good. You can still keep your current job while exploring other options. You just have to be smart about it.

Whatever choice you make though, I wish you good luck.

--

By the way, I think you misunderstood what that person meant by you posting details on here. The contents of an employer's email to you should be kept private. You disclosed the date and venue of the Aptitude Test to the public, as well as the name of your employer. You have successfully given your employer additional work as they would now have to deal with 'crashers' on that day. I think you could have explained your predicament without disclosing details.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by forkinsonlolo(m): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2015
call the HR in the morning and inform them you wont be coming earlier for personal reasons
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by abimbawealth(f): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:

By the way, I think you misunderstood what that person meant by you posting details on here. The contents of an employer's email to you should be kept private. You disclosed the date and venue of the Aptitude Test to the public, as well as the name of your employer. You have successfully given your employer additional work as they would now have to deal with 'crashers' on that day. I think you could have explained your predicament without disclosing details.
May your wealth of wisdom never run dry, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
abimbawealth:

May your wealth of wisdom never run dry, God bless you
no one knows all.I didn't see the crime in disclosing the details until he spelt it out,you would have educated me more by making me see reasons I shouldn't have disclosed the details like he did. By the way,ma,you haven't given me a way to skip work and honour the invite, your opinion is highly solicited PLEASE,thank you.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
Bambizzle4k4556:
how did u apply?
I just filled a form on their website couple of months ago,sorry,many months ago but didn't get any response until this came.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by mayorchelsea(m): 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
Craven:
I can tell you are worried the recruitment process will interfere with your job. I think you shouldn't. Recruitment processes usually take a while. The duration between being invited for an Aptitude Test and being called for medicals can usually take between six months to a year. Or even more. There is usually a huge interval between a step and another.

It is always advisable to explore better options while keeping your current job. Do not let a good opportunity pass you by. Settling for less because you are scared that a good opportunity might not work out will not do you any good. You can still keep your current job while exploring other options. You just have to be smart about it.

--

Thank you bro,you were really helpful.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by obajoey(m): 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
bro am in ur shoes as well oo, i have an interview on tuesday too but dis my boss ehen, thats why i no too like female boss. I know how to work out my ways to attend interview with the help of God but this time around dont know where the fear is coming from. I just resumed from leave self. But pls pray this single prayer with me;
that God should send our bosses on an errand on that day cos thats the only way. God has done it before for me and He will do this again.

#Godstillworkwonders
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by abimbawealth(f): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
mayorchelsea:
no one knows all.I didn't see the crime in disclosing the details until he spelt it out,you would have educated me more by making me see reasons I shouldn't have disclosed the details like he did. By the way,ma,you haven't given me a way to skip work and honour the invite, your opinion is highly solicited PLEASE,thank you.
I hope ur in d same city as d interview location...you can call in sick, since its a day thing, cause I wouldn't want you put all your eggs in a basket.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by Nielbaba(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2015
Bambizzle4k4556:
how did u apply?
send ur cv to remi.jacob@ubagroup.com its monthly dey do write test.was der last week but culdnt write. simply cos i wrote dat of february dis year ,but was disqualified at d first stage of the interview.and u can only write d test after 6months .so im preparing for nxt month now.
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by Nielbaba(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2015
Craven:

--

no crashing wit uba ,d gatemen will ask for ur invitation message ,if u forged the message u can dodge d oda screening in which dey have d names of all pple dey invited wit a unique code in front .
Re: Who Else Got This Message From UBA PLC? by 16waydeh: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2015
what's their Age requirement?

(1) (Reply)

Leventis Foundation Agric. Sch. Training Programme / Admin Officer Needed To Work With An Expatriate - [CLOSED] / List Of 10 Free Genuine Job Recruitment Agents In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.