Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Salvage The Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salvage The Nigerian Economy (549 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvage The Nigerian Economy by moski5(m): 12:57am On Jul 17, 2015
After reading an article n comments on Nairaland I deduced a couple of things. Correct me if I'm wrong

1. The value of the Naira is spiraling downwards because
a) Low reserves
b) Dependence on importation
c) CLUELESS CBN M economists
d) Nigeria without a Vision
e) Divided people
f) Co conspiracors/beneficiaries
g) production
h) Power

What does Nigeria stand for as a Nation? What are her ideologies? Asides Oil, corruption, Yahoo n recently terrorism, what is she known for?

The fighting n bickering between the ethnic groups must stop Starting from Nairaland.
the igbo hating yoruba, yoruba hating igbo, they both hating hausa, hausa hating" everyone should stop I'm referring to the Bokites.

United we stand divided we fall/fail. We ve been failing because we are divided and dont have mutual goals as a Nation. Even if PmB is able to still Nigeria out of this mess, the next guy might throw us back in. A National conference genuinely held maybe a step in the right direction.

I strongly feel the CBN are either confused or are been manipulated or their hands are tied lol. Some countries where worse than us yet they changed for the better.

Its TRUE we need to switch from Oil as major source of Revenue, we can easily start with gas. Emmm by the way I heard we are making a lot of money selling gas, are there records of it ie Nlg etc
A lot of countries run on gas n if we fully harness gas which we have more of than oil, we may do away with kerosine n its subsidy

Power companies should be probed. The way Nepa was sold is crazy fraudulent n the 1000+ fixed/maintenance fee is a rip off. This country loses billions and her citizens thousands from that fraudulent sale of Nepa.

Its sure time we start producing as a nation rather than importing but that's not solely the governments job if it is at all. Private nigerians should stop investments in hotels beer etc and invest in things that will move the nation significantly forward n make more money for themselves.

Dont want to make this write up too long so I'll wrap up by Saying lets come together, join hands n build a Great Nation. Lets use this Nairaland platform not as place for cheats n sexual write or for bashing one another and Complaining lets use it To create a better Nigeria. Thanks for reading

Cc: Lalasticala ishilove
Re: Salvage The Nigerian Economy by Polithiefcian(m): 1:01am On Jul 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Salvage The Nigerian Economy by fkpboss: 1:20am On Jul 17, 2015
Last on the list : i) Clueless president
Re: Salvage The Nigerian Economy by moski5(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2015
Re: Salvage The Nigerian Economy by moski5(m): 10:37am On Jul 17, 2015
fkpboss:
Last on the list :
i) Clueless president

lol

though I'm not impressed on Baba go slows methods n traveling, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt 3-6months. Lets see what happens

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Appoints Gana Muhammadu As New Commandant-gen Of NSCDC / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan's Action -obasanjo / First Bank Plc Faces Money Laundering Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.