Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,775 members, 7,824,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) (22907 Views)

Serious Hunger, Poverty Killing Nigerians – APC Senator, Shehu Sani / Kaduna APC To Sanction Shehu Sani Over Support For NLC Strike / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 9:18am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Shehu Sani lost his conscience since he joined APC

Stop acting like u know who he is. Sabi sabi
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by butterflyy(f): 9:18am On Jul 17, 2015
Like seriously? Has politics gotten t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ †̥hα̲̅†̥?
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 17, 2015
mistabiola:

Sorry bro, that's the work of my new iPhone, it was a gift anyway.
didn't know u had an iPhone "sarcasm "
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by onatisi(m): 9:27am On Jul 17, 2015
igbsam:
When fayose was busy sharing chicken, u lots where hailing and applauding him o...abeg make una free am jor
when fayose was sharing chickens during xmas ,apc were busy condemning and insulting him now an apc senator is sharing carmels to his ppl. What does that tell you??
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by mistabiola: 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
ehie:
didn't know u had an iPhone "sarcasm "

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by laudate: 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
Why are you all suprised?? Is this not the same Shehu Sani that is a secret supporter of Boko Haram, despite all the atrocities the sect has committed? shocked shocked

Instead of persuading the leaders of the BH sect to renounce violence and stop killing people, he takes delight in pretending to broker peace meetings between that blood thirsty group and govt officials.

At the end of the day, nothing is achieved and more lives are lost! angry

In another country, he would be villified for failing to name members of the sect and also castigated for failing to assist the police to bring them to justice! angry
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Camel?
While him mates dey share decoder!!! I wish education will penetrate this region.

Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by laudate: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
From New Telegraph Newspaper ::
Shehu Sani is a man who demonstrably knows too much about Boko Haram. He knows their full operative and leadership set-up and argues for what they do, did, can do and cannot do. He is always up to date on their decisions and plans and knows the names of all members in their top leadership council at all times. For a group that never negotiates and never trusts anyone, Shehu Sani has remained uncomfortably trusted and close over the years. Revisit this September interview with IBRAHEEM MUSA. His very categorical responses cannot be missed:

Q: Recently, you made a post on your Facebook wall, casting doubts on Dr. Stephen Davis’ allegation which fingered Senator Ali Modu Sherrif and former Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Ihejirika, as the sponsors of Boko Haram. What was your reason for doubting the Australian negotiator?

Sani: Nigeria is facing a serious problem of insurgency that has led to the killings of thousands of people, displacement of millions of people and the destruction of the livelihood of millions of people. It’s the major national problem we are facing today. And all hands must contribute towards finding lasting solution to this problem. I think we have been doing our best as citizens and activists and we have taken a lot of risk in this respect.

I have got a report that Stephen Davis, the Australian negotiator, had made a statement that implicated former Governor of Borno state, Senator Ali Modu Sherrif and Iherijika, the former Chief Of Army Staff. I have neither met Sherrif nor Iherijika in my life. But I know that it is better to keep quiet than to make statements that cannot be substantiated with facts.

I’m quite aware of the sensitivity of this issue and also the desperation on the part of some persons who simply want somebody to hang for what is actually going on. There are a lot of things that we can blame Sherrif for and there are also so many things that you can blame Ihejirika for.

But we have to back our points with facts and data on the ground. Now lets take on Sherrif; Sherrif is largely blamed by the insurgent group for being responsible for what happened to them in 2009 and they also fingered him as the man who had a hand in the killing of their leader and many of their followers. And if you have gone through the statements and video posts of the Boko Haram leader, you will see how they consistently vilify and continuously attack Sherrif. They have never hidden the fact that he is a target. Not only him but people who are associated with him. Now if you look at Iherijika, he was Chief of Army Staff under whose tenure there were attacks at Baga and Bama in which scores of people were killed. And he unleashed a reign of force to fight the group.

Many people have accused him and the Army under his command at that time of committing massive atrocities in the hunt for Boko Haram members. Now, how can any sensible person align Sherrif and Ihejirika with the funding of Boko Haram? I’m simply baffled by the fact that many Nigerians seem to believe what Davis said. Like I have said, there are lots of things that you can charge Sherrif and Ihejirika for but how can these people who have been declared enemies by this group fund Boko Haram? That is one.

Secondly, I have been involved in this issue of negotiation and to me, Boko Haram has never announced the name of any person as a negotiator except on one occasion where they mention a former journalist with Blueprint Newspaper, Ahmed Salkida. Now, Stephen Davis cannot talk to Boko Haram not to talk of them revealing their sponsors. Boko Haram has a Shura council which is made up of 32 people and they have a leader in the person of Abubakar Shekau. There is no person who can reveal the secret of this organisation except if he is a leader of the Shura Council.

And there is no Shura Council member that can sit down with a white Australian and tell him their sponsors.
As for me, I simply think that the man is being used by certain people to get at Sherrif and Ihejirika. And it is not possible for any negotiator to sit down with Boko Haram and start asking them of their sponsors. They will treat him as an enemy and a spy and he can never get out of that negotiation hall. So, what Stephen Davis said about Ihejirka and Sherrif, to me it’s nothing but a work of fiction, a frame up and attempt to simply rope in these people and destroy them. But that does not mean these two people have no case to answer as far as what is going on. That should also not stop investigation into Davis allegation.

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/man-knows-much-boko-haram-revisit-shehu-sanis-full-submission/#ixzz3g9MmGTQf.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by francizy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
mistabiola:
It was hard and harsh on the man yesterday on twitter after making some negative utterances because he felt like someone never voted for him but sincerely it's childish. He lacks federal character.

Oga Abiola, you sure say you na be politician too? undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by Earthkumy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
If he's sure he knows those that voted him and those who don't. It shows one thing, and that's he rigged himself to power. That is why if they tells him they voted for him, he laughs at them and tells them "no u didn't". Because he knows is rigging that got him there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by mistabiola: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Oga Abiola, you sure say you na be politician too? undecided grin

Yes bro, it's all for the interest of Nigerians. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by francizy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
mistabiola:

Yes bro, it's all for the interest of Nigerians. cheesy cheesy

Hope you are not going to loot oh!? cheesy
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by mistabiola: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Hope you are not going to loot oh!? cheesy

Yes.
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by francizy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
mistabiola:

Yes.

Good!
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by NoRetreat(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
The senator outbursts revealed his mind. All what our politicians are doing is nothing but conspiracy against the masses. Its only few of them that are mindful of the poor masses. Don't rest your success or hope on them rather struggle to succed on your own.
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
unhhh?
Re: Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) by akigbemaru: 3:50am On Jul 25, 2015
New Post (Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Twee

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Sunti Golden Sugar Estate (Photos) / EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims / Sit-at-home Enforcers Working Against My Release, I’ll Never Forgive Them – Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.