Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Urgent Help On Wordpress Post - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent Help On Wordpress Post (734 Views)

Wordpress Post Template / How Can I Start A Blog On Wordpress.org / Help, Wordpress Post Thumbnail Not Showing On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by Jetland(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2015
Please webmasters in the house, am having a real time problem with my wordpress post.
Previously i downloaded a wordpress theme that I am using locally on my computer with the intension of moving the website from my local computer to live server when am done with adequate configuration with it. Not only that; because I like the look of the theme, am thinking of buying the theme from the developer as time goes on. But the major hectic moment am passing through now is that, whenever I post any content to the theme on my local computer without am image embedded with the post, it displays something like the below screen short. I know that, that is how the developer built the themes with feature image, probably with java script or PHP.
Here comes my questions: Since the problem is from the themes (how the developed built it), how can I remove the script from the theme so that whenever I post any post without an image attached to it won’t display such an empty image? Is it possible to be removed?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by oapeleo1: 11:05am On Jul 17, 2015
Jetland:
Please webmasters in the house, am having a real time problem with my wordpress post.
Previously i downloaded a wordpress theme that I am using locally on my computer with the intension of moving the website from my local computer to live server when am done with adequate configuration with it. Not only that; because I like the look of the theme, am thinking of buying the theme from the developer as time goes on. But the major hectic moment am passing through now is that, whenever I post any content to the theme on my local computer without am image embedded with the post, it displays something like the below screen short. I know that, that is how the developer built the themes with feature image, probably with java script or PHP.
Here comes my questions: Since the problem is from the themes (how the developed built it), how can I remove the script from the theme so that whenever I post any post without an image attached to it won’t display such an empty image? Is it possible to be removed?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Just use another theme
Editing your theme in anyway might damage it.
Re: Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by javijabor: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2015
Left to me and to prevent much coding I would use my site logo as the default image. That way any post without featured image would show my site logo instead of leaving it blank.
Re: Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by Jetland(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
please is there any help u can render here apart from using logo default image?
Re: Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by dwebdesign(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
Am also a wordpress theme developer and a wordpress expert both front end and backend.

what you are seeing is normal when developing a theme to make everything organised.

what has been done is that the theme developer set a 'default' post thumbnail/ featured image for the post incase nothing was set as featured image.

you can remove it this way,

check the wordpress file that has the 'loop', should be the index.php or if 'get_template_part();' was used to get the loop for the post.

you will see

"<?php
if(has_post_thumbail());
the_post_thumbnail();
else
"the default image link you see will be called to load"-----This is the line to remove, and all will be okay as you want it.

i hope it helps.

Contact me on :

Mobile: 08133884165

WhatsApp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

Am a website developer skilled in languages as: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, PHP, MYSQL, Javascript/Jquery,JqueryMobile,Bootstrap Ajax.
phpquard

CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Opencart, Magento, Whmcs, Drupal and Pulse Cms, blogger ).
Re: Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by Jetland(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
dwebdesign:
Am also a wordpress theme developer and a wordpress expert both front end and backend.

what you are seeing is normal when developing a theme to make everything organised.

what has been done is that the theme developer set a 'default' post thumbnail/ featured image for the post incase nothing was set as featured image.

you can remove it this way,

check the wordpress file that has the 'loop', should be the index.php or if 'get_template_part();' was used to get the loop for the post.

you will see

"<?php
if(has_post_thumbail());
the_post_thumbnail();
else
"the default image link you see will be called to load"-----This is the line to remove, and all will be okay as you want it.

i hope it helps.

Contact me on :

Mobile: 08133884165

WhatsApp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

Am a website developer skilled in languages as: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, PHP, MYSQL, Javascript/Jquery,JqueryMobile,Bootstrap Ajax.
phpquard

CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Opencart, Magento, Whmcs, Drupal and Pulse Cms, blogger ).
I do really appreciate, sir. thanks so much for your help.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help On Wordpress Post by dwebdesign(m): 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Adwords For My Business / Using Adsense Acct On Android / Get Dynamic Responsive Website at affordable rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.