Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App (31799 Views)

Is Learning Visual Basic Under Asp.net In 2017, A Waste / What Programming Languages Are A Waste Of Time To Learn? / Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:
WOW! Nigerian Women setting ground and moving ahead while men ranting about their success of yesteryears.
Lol... You might think more and type less...

JUST an advice for a crush grin
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by shamecurls(m): 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
[s]
Euro31:
Biafra is not born out of politics, there was Biafra before the zoo sets in.

In the zoo there have been.

Kano Riot of 1956 Igbos target.

Kano Riot of 1958 Igbos targeted.

Maitatisine of the 1984.

Sharia Riot in North targeted.

Miss World Riot in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Iraq in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Afghanistan in North Igbos were killed.

Israel fight against Hamas, Igbos were killed.

Cartoon Riot Igbos were killed.

Election violence Igbos were killed.

Reinhard Bonke Crusade Riot igbos were killed.

Eclipse of the Moon Igbos were targeted.

Tell me what we have in common with uncircumcized philistine.

Igbos kids will score higher to gain admission in Nigeria but others will score low.

Igbos will die in Lagoon if they vote their choice in Lagos but others will walk free.

Imo and Abia States will use their oil to finace beggerly Osun and Ekiti States but Yorubass will carry placards insulting Igbos to leave Lagos.

May the blood of those that believe in one Nigeria be spilled in the altar of the fraud.

Is the genocide not enough?
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
ceometromedia:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-oT6VIgMk1RE/VajJEMMkYdI/AAAAAAAF6-U/7bFE-xGFwqc/s1600/20150420_134341-658x370.jpg[/img]
Five teen Nigerian girls won the Technovation international app challenge with their creation, a community waste disposal app. The girls, Praise David-Oku, Sonam Kumar, Nmesoma Ogbonna, Charlotte Takem and Grace Akpoiroro, all from Cross River State, and call themselves Team Charis, beat 10 girl teams from different countries. They went home with $10 000 cash prize

The competition challenges girls from the ages of 10 to 18 to build a mobile app that will address a community problem and submit it in the elementary or high school category.

“We first met in high school as classmates and met again at the iKapture Afterschool Academy where we decided to take up the challenge of programming for the first time. Despite our diverse backgrounds, we have dedicated ourselves to doing this project because of our collective interest in creating positive change in our communities” the girls wrote on their blog.

Team Charis used the MIT App Inventor platform to create the Discardious Android app. Congrats to them

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/nigerian-teen-girls-win-international.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
THIS PEOPLE NO LOOK LIKE TEENS NA undecided

SEE WHAT FOOTBALL AGE HAS DONE TO US
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:
WOW! Nigerian Women setting ground and moving ahead while men ranting about their success of yesteryears.
I WOULD HAVE ENGAGE YOU, BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR PICTURE, THAT'S WHEN I KNOW THAT YOU ARE JUST A KID.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by kilode100(f): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
Euro31:
Biafra is not born out of politics, there was Biafra before the zoo sets in.

In the zoo there have been.

Kano Riot of 1956 Igbos target.

Kano Riot of 1958 Igbos targeted.

Maitatisine of the 1984.

Sharia Riot in North targeted.

Miss World Riot in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Iraq in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Afghanistan in North Igbos were killed.

Israel fight against Hamas, Igbos were killed.

Cartoon Riot Igbos were killed.

Election violence Igbos were killed.

Reinhard Bonke Crusade Riot igbos were killed.

Eclipse of the Moon Igbos were targeted.

Tell me what we have in common with uncircumcized philistine.

Igbos kids will score higher to gain admission in Nigeria but others will score low.

Igbos will die in Lagoon if they vote their choice in Lagos but others will walk free.

Imo and Abia States will use their oil to finace beggerly Osun and Ekiti States but Yorubass will carry placards insulting Igbos to leave Lagos.

May the blood of those that believe in one Nigeria be spilled in the altar of the fraud.

Is the genocide not enough?

I liked your post because I'm partly Igbo.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by littlelion(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
All the best girlss. Together all things are possible
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Berrypie(f): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
Way to go girls!
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Robinhood477: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
good news!!!!! everyday i love this. youth. GOD BLESS YOUR EFFORT congrats
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Robinhood477: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee:
i know stupidity runs in your lineage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
Read up here on how they get the idea www.bizsworld..com
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by sonnie10: 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
Wheres d app...

NONSENSE waste of SKILL. Can the app recycle waste

Or,, make lawma come regularly. NONSENSE

Uber App does not have a drivers license or a cab, but it is facilitating taxi services in an incredible way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

Una make better mistake abeg. Ogbonna is not from CrossRiver. She is a Biafran... A real Igbo babe. Make corrections with immediate effect angry

And I'm sure she's the finest there!!
there are lots of Igbo communities in Northern part of Cross River state, the ares that bordered with Ebonyi State; so it is not a mistake, she is Igbo and from Cross River

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by logica(m): 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

Una make better mistake abeg. Ogbonna is not from CrossRiver. She is a Biafran... A real Igbo babe. Make corrections with immediate effect angry

And I'm sure she's the finest there!!
She's also the most brilliant.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by TalkDirect: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
Wheres d app...

NONSENSE waste of SKILL. Can the app recycle waste

Or,, make lawma come regularly. NONSENSE
if this comment is a joke - fine, but if you mean it then you need to seriously take another look at how you see the world. These girls have just achieved a feat that we all should celebrate and the best you can come up with is this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Yorobastard(m): 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Profkomolafe:
yea...... everly making nigerians proud.........

Really...are they nigerians and what name will you give them if they had committed a crime??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by tdmoggy: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
what is the name of the competition ?
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by amobyk29: 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
where is the app? how will it be used? by app I think it sud be on a phone... undecided abi wetin??
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
two heads they say are better than one.....but atimes most head dey dey gbabode....rugged you girls
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
ELTON123:
ALL HAIL THE RISING SUN
May it set back on u igbons
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
Das right.
Beta Pikins.
Dem sabi do beta things.
No be like dem Whizkids girls whey dey think with their loins instead of their brains

Calabar babes are the hottest all rounders in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by ELTON123(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
May it set back on u igbons
THE ZOO MUST FALL
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Orikinla(m): 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
sonofananimal1:
THIS PEOPLE NO LOOK LIKE TEENS NA undecided

SEE WHAT FOOD BALL AGE HAS DONE TO US
NA U BORN DEM?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by rocoh(m): 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
We need more of these kind of ladies. Beauty plus Brains
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
ELTON123:
ALL HAIL THE RISING SUN
are you Japanese
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by carzola(m): 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Orikinla:
NA U BORN DEM?
YOU DEY ASK ME undecided
NO ALLOW ME ENTER YOU TODAY OHH angry
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by prettyJoy22(f): 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Vijon(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
congrats to them

in another news... need fast and reliable bulksms services , check out www.fastalertsms.com
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by simdam500(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
VictoriaBee: WOW! Nigerian Women setting ground and moving ahead while men ranting about their success of yesteryears.

I want to talk undecided undecided angry but the smile on your dp just melt my heart cheesy wink

How's your day
Re: Nigerian Teen Girls Win International Award With Their Waste Disposal App by Simoneblosson(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Inspiring though, but this Story doesn't make any sense, how can a waste disposal App actually dispose
real life waste?!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Developer? / Any Way To Stop Palmpay Security Plugin On A Phone / At 40, Can I Still Learn Programming And Be Good At It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.