Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town (44389 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by Hustler4(m): 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2006
Guys / Girls
Where can I get a (Quality) Digital Map of Nigeria / Cities and Towns eg Google Map equivalent.
Is there any company out there maping Nigerian Cities ?
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by emiko(m): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2006
i used to know someone who was into making digital maps of nigeria.we lost touch after school,
i will make contacts n try to get his no by next week.u can reach me on emiko47@yahoo.com
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by Roscodaddy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2006
I know someone who wants to sell a complete map(digital and all that)hook me up and I will link you to him.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by Analytical(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2006
You may have to specify what type of digital map you want.  There are three types:

[list]
[li]Raster images e.g satellite images from remote sensing, aerial photopraphs etc[/li]
[li]Vector data from Computer Aided Design (CAD) using applications like Microstation, AutoCAD[/li]
[li]GIS (Geographic Information Systems) - these combine vector data with attribute information about the data stored as database.[/li]
[/list]

I doubt if anyone will have street level maps covering every city and town in Nigeria.  What you may get easily will comprise of state boundaries, LGAs, towns, roads, rivers, depending on what you want to use it for.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by zexyworm: 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2006
I wonder why Google Earth is yet to provide significant Satellite imagery of Nigeria.
Lagos and Abuja are not covered. Only a handful of Nigeria cities are visible in high-rez on Google earth. They are Kano, Port Harcourt, and Enugu,
In contrast, Senegal and Ghana and even Cotonou are available in high-rez,
Fishy.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by guesswho: 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2006
In my opinion, I think Google couldn't’t lay their hands on good digitized map of Abuja or maybe it’s afraid to post the map because of inconsistency associated with the satellite view, because the map changes real time at the FCT Minister discretion (Demo).

You can Narsda for Nigeria’s digitalized Map (National agency for space ………)   
grin
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by alabiyemmy(m): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2006
Hi all,

We deal in digital mapping data for Nigeria. We supply street level maps and also put them online. See www.ceaser-web.com.

You can search for addresses, search for postcodes, do route planning nationwide, do map search, find my nearest, map based information search etc.

Feel free to contact us at info@3dtechnologies.org if you need information about our maps, top quality, compared to Google maps.

Yemmy.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by bonyibe: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2006
can hook you up with digital maps of some cities in nigeria cool
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by saddik(m): 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2006
i think u need to contact,

phillipparkerltd.com[b][/b]

they will have what u need.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by twinkledew(f): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2006
Do u guys have tomtom in Nigeria?
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by naija4life(f): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2006
twinkledew:

lol, in fact RTFLMAO shocked shocked angry grin cheesy wink cheesy grin
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by twinkledew(f): 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2006
why are u laughing. it is a navigator. duh
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by kedionline: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2006
You can check @ multimap.com
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by KoolEmcee: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2006
HOw's GIS in nigeria. Is it lucrative?
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by jossyjer: 4:37am On Nov 10, 2006
thanks for the info on digital mapping i really found it educating.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by tipsy289(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2006
Digital maps with streets-we dont have + the federal government has to assign it.Why do u think we dont have GPS in Nigeria, nothin like that.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by alabiyemmy(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2006
Hi all,

We have digital level maps of over 100 cities in Nigeria. We are into GIs, we also sell GPS in Nigeria. Our website is www.ceaser-web.com

We also have a navigator system on the website, that is route finding, we have points of interest search, we have postcode finder and also find my nearest.

Thanks,

Yemmy.
Third Dimension Technologies,
Lagos.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by alabiyemmy(m): 2:51am On Dec 16, 2006
Sir/Ma,

We are happy to bring to your notice once again that something new has just come out of
the stable of your favourite organisation - Third Dimension Technologies. We earlier on
brought to you nationwide driving directions, address search, find my nearest, point of
interest search etc on our website www.ceaser-web.com.

The accolade has been resounding, with over 3,000 worldwide viewers on our website
monthly, we cant stop giving out more to the satisfaction of our users who day in day out
send us messages of goodwill commending our effort at supporting nation building.

We are here again, this time with our range of GPS based maps and software. We build and
maintain the most comprehensive, accurate and updated GPS maps of NIGERIA, on any GPS
platform. We build routable and non - routable maps for the entire country, we also build
routable maps for various cities nationwide, these maps can be uploaded to your GPS
device as easily as you want it. Why not talk to us?

Our map features includes:

POI layers

All major landmarks have been mapped and shown on our maps, example, bus stops, schools,
banks, shopping plaza, gas stations etc

Routing

Ability to route from one point to the other.

Searching

Superb search capabilities and many more.

What do you have to do to reap from this innovative venture? We are happy to discuss with
you or your organisation on how we can load this maps into your existing GPS devices or
rather still, buy from us, bundled with the maps you desire.

A trial will convinve you, we are sure you were convinced with the internet based
applications, the use and feedback has been overwhelming. Try us once again and you will
never be disspointed.

For enquiries, please email: alabiyemmy@3dtechnologies.org or alabiyemmy@ceaser-web.com
or call 01-8975616.

Please forward to as many as you know require our services.

Regards,

Alabi Yemmy.
MD/CEO
3DT
LAGOS, LONDON, NEW YORK.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by Tobi(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2006
Spatial Technologies Ltd is  really excited to be associated with 3DT in channeling a new path for the use of maps in Nigeria. We are also a GIS/Mapping company based in the heart of Lagos. We have the street maps of over 120 cities across Nigeria which effectively makes us the foremost mapping company in Nigeria. We service industry segments as Telecommunication, Market Research, Vehicle Tracking, etc. Our maps can easily be integrated into GPS. Check out more details about us at www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com. Email: info@spatialtechnologiesltd.com. Phone: 01 725 06 68
We are very passionate about the use of maps in making decisions and we feel confident that we can assist EVEN you to leverage on the power of maps.

But why maps?

Have you honestly noticed that a map is the equivalence of a thousand words? I mean it will take several pages of microsoft Word to describe what a single map will show. A map shows so much information in a concise format without trading off details. It allows the making of fast and informed business and technical decisions. Do youknow that about 70% of all decisions to be made in ANY business has spatial content?

'Google Earth' vividly illustrates the popularity of using the power of visual representation as noticed in a map. Yahoo and Microsoft are gentle giants that are pushing maps in the main stream IT. Oracle is also encouraging companies to look in the direction of maps or spatial technologies as noticed in Oracle 8i-10g.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by ijogbon(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2007
twinkledew:

Now why are you fumbing ajebo?

You no lick tom-tom b4, ok sef you no dey hear the advert for yer radio, the sweet with the black and white stripe?

If una don go obodo oyinbo una go come dey do like say oyibo na in invent evehriiii.

Just couldnt help it ma'dear, grin
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by Iretia(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2007
tipsy289:

Digital maps with streets-we don't have + the federal government has to assign it.Why do u think we don't have GPS in Nigeria, nothin like that.

Who says that we don't have digital maps with streets in NIgeria? The techniques for producing maps are fundamental and indeed universal. My company for instance had invested heavily in developing the digital maps down to street level for over 70 cities across Nigeria. These maps were produced using industry acceptable standards. These maps had been put to several uses, as a matter of fact, there are several vehicle tracking companies in Nigeria using our maps to track their clients' vehicles.

And who says we don't have GPS in Nigeria? I really don't know how to go about tackling this. The constellation of 18 satellites making up the GPS system has a global coverage. It is available for the use of everyone or indeed anyone that cares, all that is required is the GPS reciever. Spatial Technologies Ltd had been using Hand held GPS receivers to collect thousands of points of interest for several cities across Nigeria like Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt,Onitsh, Warri, Kaduna, Kano, Ibadan, Enugu, etc. The points are categorised into banks, restaurants,  schools, petrol stations, shopping complexes

For more information contact :
Anthony Lawrence
Spatial Technologies Ltd
info@spatialtechnologiesltd.com
www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com
Lagos: +23418533497
London: +442085338338

Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by autories(m): 10:12am On Jun 15, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by alextim: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2007
We have availlable in Lagos GSM/GPS tracking device for vehicles and software uses digital raster maps: real time geographical position and status monitoring, by-reguest-monitoring , SOS-button in the car, remote vehicle immobilization. Full kit is about N80k for sale ac_secsys@yahoo.com
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by simplyme3(f): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2007
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by labiyemmy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2007
here is what u need.

www.ceaser-web.com

thanks@Simply me.

Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by Iretia(m): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2007
MapNTL.com is Nigeria’s largest online interactive mapping and location-based services provider. Visitors can get accurate driving turn-by-turn direction from one point or business in Lagos to the other. Mapntl.com contains street map of Lagos totaling 5,400km in length which if laid end-to-end is about five times the distance from Port Harcourt to Kano and more than two-third of earth’s equatorial radius.

Visitors to the website can also get driving direction to over 25,000 business locations within Lagos alone as its database contains the location of over 524 Bank branches and ATM locations, 2,424 restaurants, 2,580 hotels/Motels, 2,451 schools, 2,370 open markets, 982 shopping malls/complexes, 5,764 major offices, 1,267 petrol stations, 3,358 churches, 1,837 mosques, 478 Estates all within Lagos alone. Businesses can be searched by using their names e.g. Mr Biggs or area e.g. Oyingbo.

Lets face it, mapntl.com has more local content about Nigeria than Google map and Yahoo put together!!!

Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by dejavoe(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2008
@All

im looking for a GPS map of lagos for my TOM TOM device. Please can somebody tell me where i can get such.

mail me
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by abujabooks(f): 2:12pm On May 14, 2008
@Iretia,

Great site. You need to upload more streets.

@Alabiyemmy,

Please email me. I am interested in a GPS and a map for Abuja URGENTLY.
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by saddik(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2008
I have satellite imagery for all the major towns and LGAs in Nigeria, like a total of 150 places, the imagery is dated 2005. High resolution.

contact me on sugeknight100@yahoo.com

Lastly, i urgently need boundry lines for all States and LGAs in nigeria, Pls any1. cry
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by GEODEL: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2008
Bleep
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by GEODEL: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2008
Bleep
Re: Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town by jameshaloo: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2008
we have Nigeria's digital map,if you need it ,please contact me, msn:jameshaloo@hotmail.com
ESRI or mapinfo file format

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" / 20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.