Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,927 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App (2358 Views)

Senate Crisis Gets Messier / Senators Ask Saraki To Release DSS Report On Magu / Pro-Lawan Senators Move To Impeach Saraki - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 18, 2015
ABUJA-SENATORS loyal to Senator Ahmed Lawan operating under the aegis, Senators’ Unity Forum, SUF have threatened to disrupt the activities of the red Chambers when the lawmakers resume plenary if Senate President Bukola Saraki fails to reverse the appointment of the principal officers
The group has also called on former President Olusegun Obasanjo; former Common Wealth Secretary- General, Emeka Anyaoku; Nobel Laurate, Professor Wole Soyinka; former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief Audu Ogbeh; Ex- governor of Kaduna State, Col. Dangiwa Umar; and Femi Falana, SAN to as a matter of urgency intervene in the Senate unfolding imbrioglio before the nation’s parliament would be in crisis.

The senators who also threatened to cause a stalemate in the chamber on resumption if the Senate President Saraki did not address the issue of alleged forgery of the Senate Standing Order 2015, said, “Can we continue to operate the highest legislative chamber of the land using forged standing order and violating the provisions of even the forged one? When did Nigeria descend this low?”
The senators, in a statement issued in Abuja yesterday by their spokesperson, Senator Kabir Marafa, Zamfara Central stressed that the ranking rule was being violated in the appointment of presiding officers despite the fact that the leadership of the All Progressives Congress had properly guided the presiding officers by nominating ranking senators for the leadership positions.
The SUF, however lamented that Saraki allegedly disregarded the party’s directive by inaugurating fresh senators as principal officers, just as they vowed any attempt to impose former Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio as Minority leader above other ranking Senators, adding that Senators Eyinnaya Abaribe, James Manager, George Sekibo, Emmanuel Paulker, Solomon Bwacha, Sonni Ogbuoji, Andy Uba, Uche Ekwinife, and Owan Enoh, among others, should not be in chamber while a fresher like Akpabio should become their leader.
The group said, “They violated rule 3 (2) to appoint both Senators Ali Ndume and Bala Ibn Na’Allah as leader and deputy leader of the senate and now we hear another alleged absurdity that Senator Godswill Akpabio may emerge senate minority leader.”
Alleging that Akpabio was being favoured high above his seniors in the chamber contrary to the provisions of order 3 (2), the group said, “I swear to God, we will not allow this impunity to stand and a fresh one to be added. By the way won’t somebody ask him, who constituted these caucuses they are talking about?
“Who is the chairman or leader of North West caucus for example? Who is the secretary? If there is, who appointed or elected them, where and using which law?
“We all know how the leadership of the political parties and how they emerge. We know the supremacy of the political party (section 65 -2b) of the constitution. Let somebody tell us the supremacy of any caucus and where it’s hinged.
“May be they want stalemate in the 8th senate looking at how they are running the place. They better shut it permanently than to reconvene and attempt to run it without respecting the rules.
“Oga Senate President, please read order one. They are misleading you. Nigeria No spoil reach this level, God forbid !!
“We will force you on resumption to read order 1 and proceed by its provision. Unless if you want reduce the red chamber into a jungle where every body will do what he or she like to do and nobody can call anybody to order !!
“Sir, (Senate President) you are the custodian and greatest beneciary of the content of that red book, if you choose to violate it, we would help you to bring yourself down.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/senate-leadership-crisis-deepens-as-pro-lawan-senators-ask-saraki-to-reverse-principal-officers-appointment/
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 18, 2015
ok
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 18, 2015
Chai imagine desperation!!! How did we get here? Is any minority senator a member of the so-called unity forum? So what is even their business whom the minorities chose as their leader?

Seriously what kind of party is this? If they can't accept defeat in NASS elections is it the presidential elections that they would be able to concede defeat?

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 18, 2015
I wan sleep. When una don settle Ur fight wake me up undecided
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 18, 2015
Creation of the house rules is the perogative of the NASS bureaucracy led by the clerk,it is not like the constitution which requires the senators to amend it.The house rules for 99,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 are unique and differant.

Only the NASS bureacracy can come up to say the house rules were forged.If they want to challenge the powers of the NASS bureacracy to make house rules,they should go to court.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by madridguy(m): 2:53am On Jul 18, 2015
Saraki don spoil show, I swear. You will never go free Saraki for hijacking our collective effort. I hate TRAITOR

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
Saraki don spoil show, I swear. You will never go free Saraki for hijacking our collective effort. I hate TRAITOR

Na una go die of hypertension!!! I swear APC is even sabotaging its own government more than the opposition can ever dream of doing!!! Tuesday would be interesting to see

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by madridguy(m): 3:06am On Jul 18, 2015
Die of hypertension as in ?

chukwudi44:

Na una go die of hypertension!!! I swear APC is even sabotaging its own government more than the opposition can ever dream of doing!!! Tuesday would be interesting to see
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 18, 2015
too late
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
Die of hypertension as in ?

Saraki is enjoying himself as SP.You are the one reeking of hate and depression

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by madridguy(m): 3:14am On Jul 18, 2015
Haaaaaa ? Enjoying going from pillar to pole looking for soft landing ? I am a laughter

chukwudi44:

Saraki is enjoying himself as SP.You are the one reeking of hate and depression

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
Haaaaaa ? Enjoying going from pillar to pole looking for soft landing ? I am a laughter

Pillar to post indeed!!! Even with his actions after he ascended the throne? Like ignoring the useless party's letter on principal officers and now about to be inaugurated commitee chairmanship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 18, 2015
brooklyn49:
too late

Too late indeed!! The zonal caucauses have already chosen their principal officers
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by ETERRORS(f): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2015
The world is beaming its searchlight on Buhari's visit to America while these failures called senators are still fighting themselves.
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2015
ETERRORS:
The world is beaming its searchlight on Buhari's visit to America while these failures called senators are still fighting themselves.

Don't mind the bunch of losers. We are waiting to see what they will do on Tuesday.Bloody idiots!!!
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by codedguy1(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2015
ETERRORS:

Hahahaha I laff!

Imagine this scenerio! While Buhari will be taking instructions from Obama they will now beam Nigerias' Nass members fighting again over who should be principal officers.

Buhari will watch it with Obama again on TV just like how Tinubu and APC senators watched how Saraki Sarakied them to become SP.

Interesting times ahead!
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 18, 2015
codedguy1:

Hahahaha I laff!

Imagine this scenerio! While Buhari will be taking instructions from Obama they will now beam Nigerias' Nass members fighting again over who should be principal officers.

Buhari will watch it with Obama again on TV just like how Tinubu and APC senators watched how Saraki Sarakied them to become SP.

Interesting times ahead!

No one will be fighting over who will become principal officers in the senate because the senate already has principal officers maybe the HOR though.These ones are fighting a lost cause
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by ETERRORS(f): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2015
codedguy1:

Hahahaha I laff!

Interesting times ahead!
I will see if US will employ interpreters to translate our beloved president speech
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by codedguy1(m): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

No one will be fighting over who will become principal officers in the senate because the senate already has principal officers maybe the HOR though.These ones are fighting a lost cause

It is supposed to be a lost cause, but these APC senators are desperate and
Seem to have gone to ginger themselves up to come up with this tripe, anything can happen on in the Red chambers.

They will always be feeling the pangs of pain everytime Saraki/Ekweremadu will be presiding over the house, to now add the fact that Saraki has succeeded in announcing principal officers is one blow too much for them to take.

As for the HOR, let's just hope no one smuggles a Bazooka inside that house, because the way it is going there we might just discover new talents for WWF in Nigeria or real life columbine shootings in the Nass.
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by FearGodinall: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2015
APC the real wailing waillers cry me a river, waiting consin them with pdp matter abi them one help pdp talk. Opposition things don enter blood

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by codedguy1(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2015
ETERRORS:
I will see if US will employ interpreters to translate our beloved president speech

Obama will need two interpreters: one for the english another for the accent.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by samadexy(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
[size=18pt]Believe it or not... BUKOLA SARAKI is a PDP agent in the APC , the crisis in the APC today started with him. He's a "suicide bomber" who will eventually die alone.
PDP picked this man to sabotage the PMB government and create unrest in the APC fold, he was the best man for the job because he is known to be greedy and power hungry. We know how vehemently he fought his own father for political position and relevance. Bukola is a betrayer and a die hard traitor.
But I believe the APC will get out of this stronger and better poised to deliver on their promises to Nigerians ...and for those who are happy about the unrest in the new ruling party, you are WORST than traitors and terrorists. If you can be happy that your country is in crisis....tell me what difference is between you and Shekau? Where is your patriotism? What moral right have you complain that the system is failing when you continually wish it bad. Kamar is smiling at you and soon will HIT you like a thunderbolt. All of you wishing PMB bad...you are wishing Nigeria bad and you are wishing yourself and your generation bad and it will HIT you soon by God's grace.
We cannot have any meaningful progress until we change our mentality and stop the politics of bitterness . That will be the begining of our recovery.
God bless PMB!
God bless APC!!
God bless NIGERIA!!!
[/size]
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by baralatie(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
Chai imagine desperation!!! How did we get here? Is any minority senator a member of the so-called unity forum? So what is even their business whom the minorities chose as their leader?

Seriously what kind of party is this? If they can't accept defeat in NASS elections is it the presidential elections that they would be able to concede defeat?
That is ehnn!..........
Apchian dem for shut down Nigeria na!
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
samadexy:
[size=18pt]Believe it or not... BUKOLA SARAKI is a PDP agent in the APC , the crisis in the APC today started with him. He's a "suicide bomber" who will eventually die alone.
PDP picked this man to sabotage the PMB government and create unrest in the APC fold, he was the best man for the job because he is known to be greedy and power hungry. We know how vehemently he fought his own father for political position and relevance. Bukola is a betrayer and a die hard traitor.
But I believe the APC will get out of this stronger and better poised to deliver on their promises to Nigerians ...and for those who are happy about the unrest in the new ruling party, you are WORST than traitors and terrorists. If you can be happy that your country is in crisis....tell me what difference is between you and Shekau? Where is your patriotism? What moral right have you complain that the system is failing when you continually wish it bad. Kamar is smiling at you and soon will HIT you like a thunderbolt. All of you wishing PMB bad...you are wishing Nigeria bad and you are wishing yourself and your generation bad and it will HIT you soon by God's grace.
We cannot have any meaningful progress until we change our mentality and stop the politics of bitterness . That will be the begining of our recovery.
God bless PMB!
God bless APC!!
God bless NIGERIA!!!
[/size]
bloody hypocrite!!!! when will you learn to accept defeat
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by kernel504(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:

Yes l hate traitors too, just like the way the Yorubas betrayed their Southern brothers for a Mere Commissöner's post. A man elected by simply majority of the Senate is who you are refering to as a Traitor, you have issues using English Language.
If the Igbos demand Biafra you start shouting foul.
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by double0seven(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

stop trying to be clever. Didn't you read the article. It says there are senority rules for appointing Minority leader. Appointing Akpabio as Minority leader is a violation of that rule because he is a fresher to the Senate.

I know, your hatred won't allow you see that.
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by samadexy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
undecided undecided undecided ....SMH
chukwudi44:

bloody hypocrite!!!! when will you learn to accept defeat
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by madridguy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
You must be a joker for calling the southerner my brother. Go Okija shrine go get you brother.

kernel504:

Yes l hate traitors too, just like the way the Yorubas betrayed their Southern brothers for a Mere Commissöner's post. A man elected by simply majority of the Senate is who you are refering to as a Traitor, you have issues using English Language.
If the Igbos demand Biafra you start shouting foul.
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by kernel504(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
madridguy:
You must be a joker for calling the southerner my brother. Go Okija shrine go get you brother.

I agree with you when you said they are not your brothers, yet you keep begging for their oil to pay salaries and eat. It took the likes of Ben Bruce to use his Wardrope Allowance to help your brothers.
What are guys known for, sorry let me rephrase it, what do your tribe do best?
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Candyrain(m): 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
I've even forgotten that these mad people are still in existence. Boko haram, the economy and other happenings have made someone forget these people and their drama. WHAT A COUNTRY!!!
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by madridguy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
I am not here to insult any tribe cos I have a lot of ibos as friends but they are not gullible as you. Well, as a Yoruba, we don't need to have Oil but bless God we have a fertile soil that without you coming to South West you can't make it in life.

kernel504:

I agree with you when you said they are not your brothers, yet you keep begging for their oil to pay salaries and eat. It took the likes of Ben Bruce to use his Wardrope Allowance to help your brothers.
What are guys known for, sorry let me rephrase it, what do your tribe do best?
Re: Senate Crisis: Pro- Lawan Senators Ask Saraki To Reverse Principal Officers’ App by Candyrain(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
ETERRORS:

Now that's a 5-hit combo. LOL... I think you are right about getting an interpreter because I doubt if Obama will hear a single thing he says. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bursted: The Real Age Of President Buhari By OBJ / South South Vs East (biafria) Vs Nigeria / Nigeria To Join Aircraft Producing Nations: Minister Of Aviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.