Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,989 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

Understanding Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding Biafra (984 Views)

Understanding Nigeria’s High Poverty Rate: The Upper, Middle And Lower Class / Understanding The Gang Up Against Akanu Ibiam Intl Airport Enugu / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 12:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
I woke up this morning to see threads from Nairalanders demanding an apology from a moderator by the name Ishilove for calling Biafra *a criminal organiastion*, I was really sad about her utterance and also disgusted with her comment.

I've been seeing a lot of Radio Biafran thread but I try to avoid commenting on it because I've not listened to Nnamdi Kanu to verify his so called *propaganda, Incitement, Hate, Lies* but if I listened to it and I find out its true, I won't fail to condemn Nnamdi Kanu and his cohorts for using Biafra Struggle to breed hate against other ethinc group.

Biafra is not a group, its not a criminal or terrorist organisation rather Biafra is a rallying call for Self determination, Fiscal federalism, Resource Control, Empowerment, Unity, Dignity in Labour. Its also an end to impunity, mal administration, nepotism, tribalism, feudalism, marginalisation and ethnic cleansing.

Biafra suffered a setback in its struggle for self-determination and it lost about 3million people in that struggle, I lost all my uncles and I know every kindred in the then Eastern region lost a loved one but the reasons that led to that struggle for self determination are still here today and that's why the present generation are demanding for Biafra to correct the ills in our Country called Nigeria.

Ishilove, I want to belive you made that comment because you were in the dark about Biafra so I will be happy if you do right by doing the needful.

Cc barcanista, mogidi, francizy, buddahmonk, eurobomber, pazienza, ecoterrors, whynotthetruth, mizmycoli, eroticangelina, tranix, dearpreye, candyrain, tranix and other people who belive in the TRUTH.

Please don't derail and respect other tribes.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Understanding Biafra by francizy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
lovat:
I woke up this morning to see threads from Nairalanders demanding an apology from a moderator by the name Ishilove for calling Biafra *a criminal organiastion*, I was really sad about her utterance and also disgusted with her comment.

I've been seeing a lot of Radio Biafran thread but I try to avoid commenting on it because I've not listened to Nnamdi Kanu to verify his so called *propaganda, Incitement, Hate, Lies* but if I listened to it and I find out its true, I won't fail to condemn Nnamdi Kanu and his cohorts for using Biafra Struggle to breed hate against other ethinc group.

Biafra is not a group, its not a criminal or terrorist organisation rather Biafra is a rallying call for Self determination, Fiscal federalism, Resource Control, Empowerment, Unity, Dignity in Labour. Its also an end to impunity, mal administration, nepotism, tribalism, feudalism, marginalisation and ethnic cleansing.

Biafra suffered a setback in its struggle for self-determination and it lost about 3million people in that struggle, I lost all my uncles and I know every kindred in the then Eastern region lost a loved one but the reasons that led to that struggle for self determination are still here today and that's why the present generation are demanding for Biafra to correct the ills in our Country called Nigeria.

Ishilove, I want to belive you made that comment because you were in the dark about Biafra so I will be happy if you do right by doing the needful.

Cc barcanista, mogidi, francizy, buddahmonk, eurobomber, pazienza, ecoterrors, whynotthetruth, mizmycoli, eroticangelina, tranix, dearpreye, candyrain, tranix and other people who belive in the TRUTH.

I love the bolded! Nigeria can be better if no one is considered inferior or less human because s/he is from a certain region or belongs to a certain religion. However, I'd love to try a new country rather than a Nigeria that seems to move from worse to worst.

4 Likes

Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
We need to speak out against the injustice in the system today so that we can have a better Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Biafra by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
With the way yu lay dis understanding of biafra, yu can persuade someone in joining biafra. But majority alwayz carries d vote. If the masses sayz "let there be biafra, then it will be" and if it is otherwise, it will be as d case may be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Biafra by podosci(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
You put resource control in the rallying call by biafrans...I hope you have not extended the boundry of Biafra beyond the 5 five eastern states?
The same issues plaugeing Biafra land is the same issue with Nigeria as a whole, Neglect, under development, corruption and poverty...We are all suffering this together, if you think Biafra is suffering, ask our brothers in the north east how they are surviving, atleas 100 people die each day , rather than selfishly call for Biafra why don't we all come together and call for change from the oppression of the rulling elites.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
With the way yu lay dis understanding of biafra, yu can persuade someone in joining biafra. But majority alwayz carries d vote. If the masses sayz "let there be biafra, then it will be" and if it is otherwise, it will be as d case may be.
Biafra is a platform today to rally the oppresed from the shackles of bondage

1 Like

Re: Understanding Biafra by baralatie(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
Moderators see flood oooooooo!
Cc: mods
Re: Understanding Biafra by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
You put resource control in the rallying call by biafrans...I hope you have not extended the boundry of Biafra beyond the 5 five eastern states?
The same issues plaugeing Biafra land is the same issue with Nigeria as a whole, Neglect, under development, corruption and poverty...We are all suffering this together, if you think Biafra is suffering, ask our brothers in the north east how they are surviving, atleas 100 people die each day , rather than selfishly call for Biafra why don't we all come together and call for change from the oppression of the rulling elites.

Why are you afraid of who is or who is not in Biafra

Why not do a little research to see who make up Biafra?

Do you even know the meaning of resources? and resource control?...

Do you think even if Biafra is limited to those five South eastern states that they are bereft of sufficient if not abundance of resources both natural and human resources including oil

1 Like

Re: Understanding Biafra by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
lovat:

I await to see Ishilove apologise for such words against a noble people and region...

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ishilove was consumed with emotions when she made that comment, I belive she didn't mean it that way but the truth there is that she was WRONG
Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
baralatie:
Cc: mods
this thread did not break any rules and your objective input will be welcomed.

Remember its a public forum where ideas are shared.
Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
baralatie:
c: mods
this thread did not break any rules and your objective input will be welcomed.

Remember its a public forum where ideas are shared.
Re: Understanding Biafra by podosci(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
Name one eastern state with oil reserves
Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Why are you afraid of who is or who is not in Biafra

Why not do a little research to see who make up Biafra?

Do you even know the meaning of resources? and resource control?...

Do you think even if Biafra is limited to those five South eastern states that they are bereft of sufficient if not abundance of resources both natural and human resources including oil
I ignored him because he doesn't understand the function of google
Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
Name one eastern state with oil reserves
Oil is no longer a bargaining chip in the International community, Iran comes to mind. Google is still free for getting information
Re: Understanding Biafra by lovat(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
francizy:

I love the bolded! Nigeria can be better if no one is considered inferior or less human because s/he is from a certain region or belongs to a certain religion. However, I'd love to try a new country rather than a Nigeria that seems to move from worse to worst.
we ve not exhausted our options, we need them to see Biafra as an alternative if we can't get a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Understanding Biafra by Ishilove: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
I will clarify my statement for better understanding. When I made that statement, I was referring to Radio Biafra, a rogue/pirate station broadcasting seditious and treasonable contents.

There is zero tolerance for activities that break the laws of the country on this forum and it is my job to enforce the rules here. I will keep enforcing them as long as I remain a moderator on Nairaland.

This is the last time I will be speaking on this matter. Please I enjoin all of us to obey the rules of the forum in order to maintain sanity and orderliness.

6 Likes

(1)

The "Sins" Of Sambo Dasuki / Senator Binta Garba Reveals Shocking Secrets / Cost Cutting: Shell To Cut 6,500 Jobs..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.