Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War (849 Views)

Dino Melaye Launches His Anti-corruption Book, Patience Jonathan, Saraki Attend / Shehu Sani Blasts El-Rufai For His Anti-Tinubu & Southwest Comment / I Am Afraid I did Not Succeed In The Election In Kogi, Bayelsa & Rivers - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by fowowe411: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nigeria as a country as dent image already both within and outside the Shores of Africa. The major criticism against the last administration was it's friendliness with corruption. The government of President Buhari has vowed to fight corruption in the country which I think it is a good thing but there still exist some obstacles in this fight that can hinder him from. Achieving his goal.

1. Tribalism/Nepotism : Nigeria as a country comprises of different cultures and tribes which thus makes it a complex society. In Nigeria I have come to realise that unnecessary patriotism to tribe is one of the major cause of the continue ravaging of this menace. For instance during the last administration when Stella Oduah was alleged to have bought a bulletproof car for some millions and Nigerians were almost demanding for her head the icon lead various protest against her prosecution tagging it as victimization of "ibos", I almost cried as I went for the country. Also if a Mallam is arrested or an "Alhaji" you will either hear "this is a conspiracy against the north" or "an attempt to downgrade Muslims"!

2.Corrupt party loyalists : Unless Buhari can really step on some big toes especially those who supported him to power, the corruption fight is a joke. Majority of this cabals will have been doing one or two things to get in the good book of the present government, unless Pmb can pull some stunts his corruption war will not be anything but a joke

3.Unnecessary Party Apologetics:Believe me these set of people are bent on making the anti - corruption war failed, majority of the supporters of the last administration will never see any reason for prosecution of anybody under the Last administration as they will tag it witch hunting even when they have indeed embezzled public funds.

4.Corrupt Judicial System : Our court system is corrupt to a fault and even the masses has lost hope in its. Majority of these politicians can easily buy their freedom which will make it a major obstacle to the war against corruption

5.Nigerians believe corruption is normal : Nigerians are the highest hypocritical set of people you will find on this planet earth. Majority of us mismanagement small funds in our offices, organizations, homes but we will still blab when we hear about corrupt politicians. I could remember a man who once served as Chairman of my local government and bought only one car throught out his tenure, you need to hear the way people were cursing him that he can never make it again in life!

Conclusively I can continue till tomorrow with various reasons making these anti corruption war damn hard. My advice to Nigerians is let come together regardless of our tribes, language, or religions. Fighting yourselves on here won't solve anything and these people (APC&PDP) don't give a damn about you, your family or generation, they are working for their pockets.Many nairalanders will be useful to themselves if they convert the number of hours they use in political arguments and abusive wars to meaningful things!

I know this won't still stop political war on my thread!

1 Like

Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by ArchEnemy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
You are right
Corruption is not the fight of one man.but where are the 'purists' in our politics who are gonna join the crusade?

1 Like

Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by makzeze: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bad belle, you are a moral killer not booster. encourage Buhari and Nigerians to fight corruption rather than writing this crap.
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by happykidArotiba(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hey Op,no bring dah leg ,
He Will Win With God With Him...
Modified- @no.5? So u are one of those dah believe is Normal? den u r corrupt den. well, its d fault of the immediate most corrupt being..GEJ grin
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by bugzbunny: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bobooo
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
I have faith in buhari
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by cktheluckyman: 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Tribalism/Nepotism : Nigeria as a country comprises of different cultures and tribes which thus makes it a complex society. In Nigeria I have come to realise that unnecessary patriotism to tribe is one of the major cause of the continue ravaging of this menace. For instance during the last administration when Stella Oduah was alleged to have bought a bulletproof car for some millions and Nigerians were almost demanding for her head the icon lead various protest against her prosecution tagging it as victimization of "ibos", I almost cried as I went for the country. Also if a Mallam is arrested or an "Alhaji" you will either hear "this is a conspiracy against the north" or "an attempt to downgrade Muslims"!
second e,g Obasanjo was indicted by the Ndudi Elumele Power funds probe panel for $16 Billion fraud yet some people still claim he is the best thing ever to happen to this country.

3rd e.g Tinubu has been taking 10% of lagos IGR for the last 16 years yet some people still claim he is the greatest democrat and jagaban
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by omogin(f): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
A corrupt efcc playing to the gallery will also impede the fight against corruption. I suggest a total overhaul of the current efcc. Lamorde has files he wouldn't treat cos of his interests.
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by moxadoluwa(m): 12:01am On Jan 27, 2016
I concur,but I hope he succeeds anyway.
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 27, 2016
bubu has failed already
no3 killed him
the zoo must break under him thats my prayer
Re: Opinion :Why Buhari May Not Succeed In His Anti-corruption War by dollyjoy(f): 12:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Mercie97:
I have faith in buhari
and may your faith make you whole!

(1) (Reply)

What Do You See In This Picture? / ) BREAKING : Customs Comptroller General Abdullahi Inde Resigns- THE SUN / The Hit And Run Tactics Of Boko Haram Has Hindered Military Avowed Success!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.