Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. - Investment (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. (46440 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: MMM Is Back And Better With Massive Merging Of Orders. / Us Stock Market 101 – Hot Stock Picks - Train And Get Good Hot Tips / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jideams:

Yeyer,

You seem to have gotten a good grip of options. Can you recommend a good material to read for it. Realy skeptical with the timing as one could lose all. What is your take on this?

My brother, we are learning everyday. I usually watch CNBC's show Options Action which airs on Fridays. I also follow a youtube channel called "explosive options" as well as Reddit groups like Wallstreetbets (WSB) Though I must warn you not to follow all the trade suggestions on WSB, many if them are suggested by a bunch of millennials who make daring bets because they believe You Only Live Ones and they are all going to strike it big and buy yachts. I review every recommendations and set buy or sell limits at huge bargains, sometimes as much as 50% below asking price and 50% above selling price. If it executes, fine, if not, I don't even look back or have regrets. Some other times I just take random chance on companies I feel are are tending higher and their options are really cheap. Volatility has been relatively low lately which makes options very cheap.

For a refresher course or if you are new to options, I suggest browsing through courses on udemy.com, they even have courses on how to play the earning season and others about important drug calendar dates and all that stuff.

There would be times when commentators on CNBC will announce unusual option activity in a stock, like say someone or some firm would buy millions of dollars worth of options on a given company, I will check out the stock chart and any recent news, if I feel convinced I might initiate a trade but at a bargain and hope the order fills.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
Two call options executed last week, JP Morgan (JPM) and Apple (AAPL). JPM's order filled on Friday, really wasn't expecting it because it was set at very low price. JPM reported positive earnings, stock is up 2% today which resulted in a 141% rise in the October 27th $96.5 call option. Apple received an upgrade today shooting the stock up over 1% and about 80% in the call option.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by currentprice: 9:31am On Oct 19, 2017
currentprice:
please house,,,how can i get links on Quarterly/annual Earnings report of US/UK company for analysis purposes. thanks

any ideas
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by zamirikpo(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2017
currentprice:

any ideas

Google
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by lilreese: 6:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
Educative
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, Paypal broke out this week (PYPL) and Snapchap seem to be gaining traction
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Jideams:

Thanks YerYer,

I will look into it, really busy with Forex now as I plan to go live trading forex month end. I will call for help once I need one

How do you guys trade forex? Doesn't it take all your day looking at charts and making fast trades? Also, are the moves volatile enough to make any money? Maybe shed some light on it.

I'm currently shorting the British pound via this ETF, FXB. Bought 3 put contracts.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by VeriteMFBank: 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2017
LEXUS 3300 SALON CAR...
For Give away Prize 1.8M, But Open to negotiation
Call: 08066461063

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
So Amazon, Google and Microsoft reported blow out quaters and their stocks are surging strongly. Just today alone, Amazon has added over $62 billion in market cap! If that isn't a monstrous move, then I don't know what is. Bezos is once again the richest man in the world. My Amazon holding is up 56% or over $6k in profit. These guys are killing it in the cloud space, they are the biggest cloud providers in the world with a myriad of big reputable companies as customers including Netflix. As they make inroads into Brazil and other international markets, they will add more prime members and steal more market share from other retailers. I tip off my hat to the visioneers who run Amazon.

Google AKA Alphabet also reported an impressive quarter earnings. I was surprised to find out that the average YouTube user watched 60 minutes of video daily. That's actually higher than TV viewership! And they are yet to fully monetize YouTube. Google is also killing it in cloud computing as it signs up more customers but they are still a distant 3rd to Amazon's AWS and Microsoft's Azure. I'm up about 50% or almost $6k in profit.

Microsoft also reported a better than expected earnings. They are equally killing it in the cloud space as the 2nd largest provider only behind Amazon. Just when people thought the personal computer space was dead, these guys keep proving everyone wrong with spectacular PC sales. Their new generation Intel powered surface lines are killing it, they are sleek, powerful and sexy. Quite more aesthetically appealing than apple macbooks, if you ask me. Up 60% or $900.

It's nice to see 90's tech companies still killing it and making new All Time Highs even after the dotcom crash.

In the spirit of fairness, I do need to report a current options trade that's losing money. The worst thing anyone can do is rush into trading options because they've seen others make spectacular gains, anyone who begins this way will not last. Even if you start out trading options and right of the bat start making really lucrative gains, you may not last long because you will develop a false sense of confidence and will be tempted to place higher stakes. Besides having a basic grasp of charting and carrying out a thorough analysis of a company's business and earnings, you must develop a good intuition and depend on your intuition to predict the direction of a trade. Intuition isn't a supernatural power but it develops overtime through the accumulation of knowledge. Like my friend Jideams once said to me, it's either you pay someone to teach you or you make costly mistakes and learn from your experience. I always want to know why certain trades fail and I learn from it. I bought 5 contracts of the October $162.5 calls in IBM and needless to say it's lost 99% of it's value while I've lost 362 bucks. This is one old tech company that hasn't figured out how to make money. One mistake I made though was placing a very low limit buy order hoping I will buy it cheap and watch it bounce higher, but I've realized that's not always a wise strategy with options because when it drops that much, it usually means the thesis has broken and the trend has reversed. The trade is executed at the set limit price but the value continues to drop and in a twinkle of an eye, you are down 100%.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
One of my current options strategy is to short companies who are 'amazonable.' Obviously brick and mortar retail is a wreck and now Amazon has secured licensing in several states to sell prescription drugs on it's website. As a result, pharmaceutical stocks have been crashing. They figured they cannot compete with Amazon because Amazon disrupts sectors by slicing profit margins to 1%.

I generally hate shorting any stock especially in this bull market, but I did short CVS pharmacy. I make money the lower the stock price falls. Currently up 209% or $700. I might consider closing the trade soon because CVS just announced it will buy anthem, a health insurance company to diversify and remain competitive. It's quite scary how big Amazon has become, no sector is safe.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oil has been driving higher for a few weeks now and that's welcomed development. So far all the OPEC participants are adhering to the planned production cuts which is pushing oil higher. Honestly investing in oil over the past couple years has been a painfully losing battle, just when you think it's reached a bottom, it drops even further. Anyway, yesterday I decided to buy 26 call contracts of the Nov 17th spyder ETF (XLE) which tracks the energy sector. It's up over 79% today or $1600 in profit. Also attached a screenshot of the order placed yesterday. I'm not much of a chart guy, but this chart looks bullish to me. I may sell half and let the rest ride.

Also looking to buy a few Alibaba calls before earnings today, if I can get in cheap I will buy, if not I won't chase anything.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello all
We manage Uber cars for people who want to invest in Uber
Our process
*We receive your vehicle

*We interview drivers to partner with your vehicle

*We verify the driver chosen

*We send client copies of driver agreement and verification report

*We handle all issues pertaining to client's investments to ensure profitability 

*We send client remittances weekly.

Call us Today

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 1:46am On Nov 03, 2017
YerYer:

How do you guys trade forex? Doesn't it take all your day looking at charts and making fast trades? Also, are the moves volatile enough to make any money? Maybe shed some light on it.

I'm currently shorting the British pound via this ETF, FXB. Bought 3 put contracts.

YerYer,

That was my impression of Forex before i started trading stocks. Actually, then, i would not allow my enemy to trade forex due to its volatility and factors affecting it. the only issue with forex is you have to be a technical person. It is purely technical analysis at the fundamental changes like wildfire. Regarding liquidity and volatility, No market is as liquid and volatile as forex. Stock trades about 100 Billion dollars every day while forex trade 5 trillion dollars every day. You can do the maths yourself.

Really, I have been dummy trading for the last two months trading planning my strategy and I only trade high time frames like 4hrs and daily so there is no need to sit by my PC.

I do my analysis a day before and then trade before the opening bell. If I have the opportunity to trade interday, I only by or trade on 4hr basis.

I plan to go live this month and will update this thread if you guys want to have a look. If anyone is interested I could update my trades and we could see how it works.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jideams:

YerYer,

That was my impression of Forex before i started trading stocks. Actually, then, i would not allow my enemy to trade forex due to its volatility and factors affecting it. the only issue with forex is you have to be a technical person. It is purely technical analysis at the fundamental changes like wildfire. Regarding liquidity and volatility, No market is as liquid and volatile as forex. Stock trades about 100 Billion dollars every day while forex trade 5 trillion dollars every day. You can do the maths yourself.

Really, I have been dummy trading for the last two months trading planning my strategy and I only trade high time frames like 4hrs and daily so there is no need to sit by my PC.

I do my analysis a day before and then trade before the opening bell. If I have the opportunity to trade interday, I only by or trade on 4hr basis.

I plan to go live this month and will update this thread if you guys want to have a look. If anyone is interested I could update my trades and we could see how it works.

Damn that's some serious cheese. $1trillion daily, I can't even wrap my mind around it. Pls do update your trades when u finally go live.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
Costco' s (COST) stock price has been volatile maonly because of amazon fears despite the company reporting good earnings.
Costco is a bulk discount chain where you can buy a years worth of goods like ketchup or toilet paper for cheap. It is like the middle class status symbol. You pay a yearly membership fee to shop in bulk quantities. Most people actually buy way more than they need and end up throwing them away, but that's the beauty of America.

Anyway, I think for now the fears of Amazon affecting Costco's market share are over done. I think in the short term, Costco may survive but in the long run, they too may be amazonable. I bought some november $165 calls, the stock price is $166.35 Which is currently in-the-money. Gain of $1160 or 223%; won't be too aggressive here, will mostly likely close this trade at these levels.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by LadunaI(m): 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jideams:

YerYer,

That would be nice, if you can make it happen.

As time goes, perhaps more insight can be shared.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by LadunaI(m): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
YerYer:

Damn that's some serious cheese. $1trillion daily, I can't even wrap my mind around it. Pls do update your trades when u finally go live.

Such is an amazing opportunities fx provide, for those that have the knowledge wherewithal to exploit it.

Is been very educative reading your post and stock picks.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by chunkuli: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
did you get your chat? am thinking of opening an account and trading uk/us companies too. pls have u opened a trading account?
currentprice:
please house,,,how can i get links on Quarterly/annual Earnings report of US/UK company for analysis purposes. thanks
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by zamirikpo(m): 8:29am On Nov 04, 2017
chunkuli:
did you get your chat? am thinking of opening an account and trading uk/us companies too. pls have u opened a trading account?

Trading us equities is not beans and rice ooh, u have to develop the requisite skill And it takes time ,hard work and patience.

I repeat time, hard work and patience.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
LadunaI:

Such is an amazing opportunities fx provide, for those that have the knowledge wherewithal to exploit it.

Is been very educative reading your post and stock picks.

My man do you trade forex? Maybe you can also shed some light on it. Nothing wrong in trading different asset class.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Snapchat (SNAP) reported a poor earnings two days ago and the stock sold off as much as 21% after hours. Right before earnings I bought a few put contracts in anticipation that the stock will report a bad quarter and get punished by investors. This was truly a speculative trade that came about a few minutes before the market closed that day. The trade makes money when SNAP sells off. Up 76% or $856.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by LadunaI(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
YerYer:

My man do you trade forex? Maybe you can also shed some light on it. Nothing wrong in trading different asset class.

Yes! Financial market are essentially the "same" . The same fundamental law is guiding stock, commodity and other liquid tradeable asset class. Its only their volatilities that seems to define their peculiarity( to a particular set). Like different elements of atomic numbers, but intrinsically they all but submit to same law of cyclicality, which can be seen even nature.

With most of your trades you've been posted here; if the nitty gritty of it has been well understood in term of that natural law, then trading other assets will be child's play for you. Lol

There is whole lot of information out there on fx. If you would like detail info, you can pick any security, and let discuss it in details.

I am nearly tempted to apply same law to your SNAP chart trade to see whether is obeying same law or just mere coincidence with bad earning reports, which triggers its south move.

Are u a full time trader/investor?
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by chinnyonwu(m): 7:06am On Nov 11, 2017
Hello y'all...
Why don't you guys really look into crypto trading? Its much more exciting and you cN ride the volatility very much. Ive learnt so much in less than 2 months of trading.
My favorite trading technique has been being on the lookout foe divergences..
I will be posting some of my crypto trades here.
Hope thats cool
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
LadunaI:

Yes! Financial market are essentially the "same" . The same fundamental law is guiding stock, commodity and other liquid tradeable asset class. Its only their volatilities that seems to define their peculiarity( to a particular set). Like different elements of atomic numbers, but intrinsically they all but submit to same law of cyclicality, which can be seen even nature.

With most of your trades you've been posted here; if the nitty gritty of it has been well understood in term of that natural law, then trading other assets will be child's play for you. Lol

There is whole lot of information out there on fx. If you would like detail info, you can pick any security, and let discuss it in details.

I am nearly tempted to apply same law to your SNAP chart trade to see whether is obeying same law or just mere coincidence with bad earning reports, which triggers its south move.

Are u a full time trader/investor?

That's interesting, funny how everything is interconnected somehow. I need to really take time to learn the technical side, seems too confusing at times.

I'm not a full time investor o, I work and trade at my spare time. My portfolio won't that big enough to trade full time, plus it's very risky doing that, I mean what happens if you constantly lose, me to find job sharp sharp.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
chinnyonwu:
Hello y'all...
Why don't you guys really look into crypto trading? Its much more exciting and you cN ride the volatility very much. Ive learnt so much in less than 2 months of trading.
My favorite trading technique has been being on the lookout foe divergences..
I will be posting some of my crypto trades here.
Hope thats cool

Anything that fetches legit money is always welcome. BTC has become very volatile again. Once CME fully integrate bitcoin trading next month, I might look into trading it like options.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
GE, has been a major laggard in the DOW. Today they reported lackluster earnings and cut their dividend by 50%. Stock sold off over 7%, had already bought a few put options a week ago, it gained 80% today and 50% profit to date.

I'm also currently shorting Wayfair (W), these guys sell really nice furniture online only. Amazon has voiced interest in stepping up competition in this space and with that the stock sold off a bit, it has recovered a little though, but I'm holding just one put option for now in anticipation of drops further.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by chinnyonwu(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
YerYer:

Anything that fetches legit money is always welcome. BTC has become very volatile again. Once CME fully integrate bitcoin trading next month, I might look into trading it like options.
Thanks. I forgot to post my trades here. Although i will. Not include pics as se.un and his bots/mods always suspend my account. Below is the message I sent on our telegram group a couple of hours ago:
THIS IS THE CHANCE YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. THE CHARTS HAVE MADE A DOUBLE BOTTOM, MOVING AVERAGES SHOW AN UPTREND NOW, BUY SOME BITCOINS NOW DAMN IT. $10K BY CHRISTMAS.. ��
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by chinnyonwu(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
I borrowed about $2000 (margin trading) to buy 0.3 bitcoins 2 days ago... At the current price today im up $137 and the cost of the borrowing is still less than 50cents. �.
Be careful when trading with borrowed funds though, it can amplify your profits.... AS WELL AS YOUR LOSSES

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Atlanticfire: 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
I tried to open an account with tdameritrade.com but the site says I am not eligible to open an account when I indicated that I am a Nigerian.

When I used thesame information but change the country of Nationality from being Nigerian, It allowed me to proceed with the registration process..

Has anyone faced this problem also?
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by chinnyonwu(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Looks like we will be breaking All time High sooner than i expected... When we eventually do and BTC starts mooning crazily, I expect The price of Altcoins to reduce very significantly as traders will be selling off their Alts for BTC..
Be ready then to grab some cheap coins.
I Will be waiting to make more mega profits then.
#$10kByChristmas. #IWC

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

LUNO Nigeria Account Frozen By Court / SARS Arrest Woman Who Opened Ponzi Scheme In Awka After The Scheme Crashed(pics) / Daily Crypto-currency (bitcoin) Trading Signals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.