Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

U-report - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U-report (1374 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U-report by cupidora(f): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
I learnt about u-report while I was in the NYSC Orientation camp,Abia. We were not properly sensitised or educated about the program or perhaps I didn't listen very well to gain sufficient knowledge about it,but I registered for it. After camp,to sign our clearance for June allowance at the L.G,we were asked to submit our clearance form and attached to it a copy of a u-report form with atleast 10 people's names and numbers. Ignorantly or others due to laziness and non-chalance,we filled the form with our fellow corp members' names and contacts and submitted. During the last CDS meeting however,we were asked to re-do the june u-report process as it was discovered that our enlisted contacts were invalid. Out of curiosity,I browsed about u-report and I now have sufficient information to my advantage and also to use for the sensitisation and education of the general public. The Knowledge;we are supposed to sensitise and 'register' people not just collect numbers at random to fill our forms. Well this knowledge is more beneficial to the corpers who are yet to understand what u-report is.(While some are actually ignorant about it others are deliberately non-chalant)As a corp member and having acquired this knowledge,I want to use this medium to encourage you all to register.
What is U-report?
U-report is a free sms-based system that allows young people to speak out on what is happening in communities. It is a messaging tool allowing anyone from any community anywhere in the world to respond to polls,report issues,support child rights and work as positive agents of change on behalf of people in their country/community. The aim is to check development in communities and work towards improving the standard of these communities. It works in collaboration with UNICEF and other organisations.
How to register on U-report. You can register on any network by texting "join" to 244530. Encourage others to register too. It begins with you. You can browse U-report for more information.
Re: U-report by haibe(m): 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
Informative. . We were told about it in camp too

1 Like

Re: U-report by cupidora(f): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
haibe:
Informative. . We were told about it in camp too
I see. So how's the jungle? Lol. Are you also required to submit forms with your monthly clearance enlisting atleast 10 people you've successfully registered in your community?
Re: U-report by haibe(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
cupidora:
I see. So how's the jungle? Lol. Are you also required to submit forms with your monthly clearance enlisting atleast 10 people you've successfully registered in your community?

No clearance form was even given to us in my ppa in stream 2. I guess its because most of us haven't started work at all, so we probably will all be paid without the need of clearance.

As per the jungle, I relocated already cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make Second Class Upper Hons / Photos : Nigerians Blast Abraham Adesanya Poly Rector Over Student Maltreat / Lautech Going On Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.