Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Is The Written Word Now Placed In Our Hearts By God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Written Word Now Placed In Our Hearts By God ? (652 Views)

That Christ May Dwell In Your Hearts By Faith / Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God / Hail Mary: Does Catholicism Contradicts The Written Word? (pls Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Written Word Now Placed In Our Hearts By God ? by SASALOVES: 11:12am On Mar 11, 2009
Is there a Scripture that states that God will place His Word in our Hearts now? If this is the case, do we have to be concerned about whether the Bible has been revised, modified or tampered with through the ages?

If this is the case, should we then know how to Love one another as Ourselves and Love God with all of our heart, mind and soul? If we love one another then won't we refrain from hurting one another or offending one another. Surely, if we treat someone like we would want to be treated, we would refrain from causing them problems. The Key may be this: Do we first check to see if we love ourselves?
Re: Is The Written Word Now Placed In Our Hearts By God ? by KunleOshob(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2009
I believe the passage below should help answer your question.

2 Corinthians 3:3-6:
3 Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts. 4 We are confident of all this because of our great trust in God through Christ. 5 It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. 6 He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.

And this one would butress your other statement further

Galatians 5:14:
14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Re: Is The Written Word Now Placed In Our Hearts By God ? by SASALOVES: 7:23am On Mar 12, 2009
smiley Thank you KunleOshob,

I didn't realize that this was mentioned in the areas that you have pointed out. I also found something in Hebrews from the King James Version of the Bible:

Hebrews 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Hebrews 10:15-17 (in Context) Hebrews 10 (Whole Chapter)
Re: Is The Written Word Now Placed In Our Hearts By God ? by KunleOshob(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
Well i guess it must be related to our conscience and our sense of right and wrong which i beleieve is in every human.

(1) (Reply)

Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft / 1000s Are Going / Valentine Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.