Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards (61082 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards / Full List Of Winners At #AMVCA2016 / Complete List Of Winners In The Mtv Base Mama Awards 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by naijaboiy: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

All am tryin to say is stop dis *award mental slavery* it has ruined many great artistes
Dat are even better dan d ones avin d awards
Awards dat are same wiv politics
Grammy is there why avnt dey nominated anyone of dem so far especially dbanj dats now an evolution award holder
U kno grammy deals with an higher standard of real screening.
Most artistes dont win grammy or as never won does dat make dem less good or talented?
Be in d business and make a difference please stand out and nt be part of d mission to wipe great artistes and leave us wiv d ones dat wud only giv u noise with a great beat just becos dey win awards dis generation wrong things are been celebrated now *trangender homosexuality nude trend and all*
Music someow gives life hope bt noise ruins life criosly
[b]I kind of share your sentiments.

There are so many good artistes that are meant to be awarded but they aren't. It's now becoming more like a popularity vote of some sort.

Take for example the Toofan group from Togo. They had two hit videos with even a dance that's viral in some parts of french west africa. Yet they didn't get an award in any of the categories they were nominated in.

It would be very difficult for them due to the fact that the country they came from is very small and most active social media users cannot equate with that of Nigerians or south africa.

Any award that's organised through people's vote always have an element of popularity vote,,which will make those who have the ability and financial backing to promote their music internationally emerge as winners.

Take a look at the BBA where viewers vote. Those from smaller countries almost always never win.

Award is not really the big deal. There are many good artistes/actors who haven't bagged awards but they are still great.

But we can't strike out the fact that every artiste/actor still craves for an award at least to satisfy him/herself that his/her hard work has paid off.

Awards cannot be totally ruled out in determining a musician's success. But it's not the major crux.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

[b]I kind of share your sentiments.

There are so many good artistes that are meant to be awarded but they aren't. It's now becoming more like a popularity vote of some sort.

Take for example the Toofan group from Togo. They had two hit videos with even a dance that's viral in some parts of french west africa. Yet they didn't get an award in any of the categories they were nominated in.

It would be very difficult for them due to the fact that the country they came from is very small and most active social media users cannot equate with that of Nigerians or south africa.

Any award that's organised through people's vote always have an element of popularity vote,,which will make those who have the ability and financial backing to promote their music internationally emerge as winners.

Take a look at the BBA where viewers vote. Those from smaller countries almost always never win.

Award is not really the big deal. There are many good artistes/actors who haven't bagged awards but they are still great.

But we can't strike out the fact that every artiste/actor still craves for an award at least to satisfy him/herself that his/her hard work has paid off.

Awards cannot be totally ruled out in determining a musician's success. But it's not the major crux.
[/b]

Your 2last sentences are exactly wat i mean and am trying to say awards are important for encouragement bt it can never determine ur success its ur determination

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by naijaboiy: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

Your 2last sentences are exactly wat i mean and am trying to say awards are important for encouragement bt it can never determine ur success its ur determination
Yeap! But i'm sure if you're in someone like wizkid's shoes you won't feel happy about it.

When you've already got the money and the fame the only thing left for you to achieve now is the award for your hard work all through your career.

Leonardo di caprio has starred in so many box office movies and yet no personal award to his shelf. He is rich and famous but I don't think he's happy deep down within him.

Same thing goes for the other hard working musicians that don't get rewarded like this.

In my opinion I think the voting pattern should be reviewed. It should be in-house with very eligible compilers and critics.

That way we can get more credible winners of awards.
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yeap! But i'm sure if you're in someone like wizkid's shoes you won't feel happy about it.

When you've already got the money and the fame the only thing left for you to achieve now is the award for your hard work all through your career.

Leonardo di caprio has starred in so many box office movies and yet no personal award to his shelf. He is rich and famous but I don't think he's happy deep down within him.

Same thing goes for the other hard working musicians that don't get rewarded like this.

In my opinion I think the voting pattern should be reviewed. It should be in-house with very eligible compilers and critics.

That way we can get more credible winners of awards.

*mental slavery* lets put dis idea into real life pratice 2women are pregnant one had miscariage and d oda gave birth to a child dats *nothing to write home bou and d moda weeps everyday*so now d miscarriage woman are artist who never won awards d ond who gave birth to an hopless baby artists with awards bt kinda noise makin song production.lookin at d both situation d pregnancy didnt make both women happy even tho pregnancy is a tin of joy same with awards if u wud be happy in life u will no matter wat and if u wont u wont
Self accomoplishment is different from fulfilment i guess

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by naijaboiy: 9:01am On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

*mental slavery* lets put dis idea into real life pratice 2women are pregnant one had miscariage and d oda gave birth to a child dats *nothing to write home bou and d moda weeps everyday*so now d miscarriage woman are artist who never won awards d ond who gave birth to an hopless baby artists with awards bt kinda noise makin song production.lookin at d both situation d pregnancy didnt make both women happy even tho pregnancy is a tin of joy same with awards if u wud be happy in life u will no matter wat and if u wont u wont
Self accomoplishment is different from fulfilment i guess
They are already self accomplished. All they need now is to be recognised by the people.

They need to know that people are seeing their hard work. Who else are they singing for if not us?

If they don't get awarded it makes their hard work look useless.

One who always comes first in class would be expecting to be awarded the best graduating student at the end of school year.

If he doesn't win it he wouldn't be happy. It doesn't change the fact that he's a good student and will do better in higher places.

But i'm sure winning it will give him some sort of satisfaction and encouragement.

How about lawyers? There are many good Lawyers who are not members of the SAN. It doesn't make them less good but becoming a member increases their success.

There are so many examples of why an award is needed. You can be self accomplished but when you are not recognised then you won't be fulfilled.
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2015
naijaboiy:

They are already self accomplished. All they need now is to be recognised by the people.

They need to know that people are seeing their hard work. Who else are they singing for if not us?

If they don't get awarded it makes their hard work look useless.

One who always comes first in class would be expecting to be awarded the best graduating student at the end of school year.

If he doesn't win it he wouldn't be happy. It doesn't change the fact that he's a good student and will do better in higher places.

But i'm sure winning it will give him some sort of satisfaction and encouragement.

How about lawyers? There are many good Lawyers who are not members of the SAN. It doesn't make them less good but becoming a member increases their success.

There are so many examples of why an award is needed. You can be self accomplished but when you are not recognised then you won't be fulfilled.

Fine all am saying is people shd stop underating peepz witout award dats all everyone s unique in a way
And ur wish if award makes who u are as for me no my happiness which is nt attached to any recognition or award makes me who i am
My success is d number of times i put a smile on my face and on peoples faces change my life and peoples lives give hope to d hopless in wateva am destined to do inlife and dats my suceess

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by naijaboiy: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

Fine all am saying is people shd stop underating peepz witout award dats all everyonr is unique in a way
Yea that's right!
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by gdamola(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2015
Wat abt Konga??

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by obiak4(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:
thanks baby ..
But I'm sorry i don't take alcohol

*smiles
airforce1 tell that story to the gods like tales by moonlight you no dey drink alcohol? but you dey drink rums and smoke weed
Alfa been drinking alcohol since the birth of sekaru
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Revolva(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2015
cool cool cool cool well its all done winners take all

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by tefund(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:

ive seen you many times before now
I think you're cool
oboy!you wan take style razzle dat gal
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Christmasdon(m): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2015
Is this not the award thing ,why that guy vex for. I have forgotten that his name self. Help me remember.
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by melzabull(f): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Sunnypa11:
The nominees of the most dangerous people of the year are

Zulu king of vuvuzela kingdom
Shekau of sambisa desert

And the award goes to...................

Zulu king of xenophobia shout Africa......

Comment after receiving the award...

Thank you for this wonderful award,To all the blood s.....u.c.kers and killers,i love you....special shoutout to my brother in nigeria Shekau
gringringringrin
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by fabulousvera(f): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
am nt sure chidinma av collected award bfor
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by darmys(f): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
fabulousvera:
am nt sure chidinma av collected award bfor

lol. i think she has woman best new act. but i cant remeber what award
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by safarigirl(f): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
Abeg na who dey wash all these D'banj fans say the Evolution award comes with a million dollars....una think say one million dollars na naira?

When he was given the award,.it wasn't mentioned. When viewers were asked to vote, it wasn't mentioned. So where una hear that one? How much is MTV Africa worth that they'll dash someone a whole million?

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by safarigirl(f): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
halfrica:

Fine all am saying is people shd stop underating peepz witout award dats all everyone s unique in a way
And ur wish if award makes who u are as for me no my happiness which is nt attached to any recognition or award makes me who i am
My success is d number of times i put a smile on my face and on peoples faces change my life and peoples lives give hope to d hopless in wateva am destined to do inlife and dats my suceess
thank you. If it was by pure talent and not popularity votes, no way Burnaboy would be going 3 years with not a single award for his brilliance
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
safarigirl:
thank you. If it was by pure talent and not popularity votes, no way Burnaboy would be going 3 years with not a single award for his brilliance
Abi o grin
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by darmys(f): 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
Revolva:
cool cool cool cool well its all done winners take all

cool

1 Like

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
Broer Durbs will be hosting the 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES 99% OF THE INFRASTUCTURE IS HERE. The INTENATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE inpectors were here two weeks ago and they were happy with what they saw. They fell in LOVE WITH MOSES MABHIDA SADIUM AND THE DURBAN ICC. grin grin grin grin

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
AMA Durbs 2015 kit.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Boity is baeie warm my broe sy is n mooi van vir/MVV. grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
I noticed 4th world people like OVERRESSING....smoko/problem is thei INFERIOR COMPLEX.
Anthony Anderson killed for me interms of kit/dressing. He applied "KISS" there KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. While other moegoes were ovedressed and looked like they were in a CARNIVAL. grin grin grin

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
another outie/man that kille it is SIZWE....as always he showed CLASS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin he applied the "KISS RULE". Once again FASHION SEPARATING 1st world people from 4th world SLUMMIES.

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
The GAY BOY/Neyo spoilt the party with his GAY SONGS.... grin grin grin grin grin I hate that gay voice that motherfvcker has a big hole between those legs. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Representing the STREETS Duncan tried as well.....This boy is a true TSOTSI from dress code to his lingo and the people he skeems/hangs with are real thugs/tsotsis. For that I SAY TO HIM 7 FOR LIFE KEEP REPRESENTING THE NUMBER. Hes not a 6.. 9 like Neyo.

Re: List Of Winners At The MTV 2015 Awards by khameni7: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Chomzy And Eloswag Get Intimate In The HOH Bathroom (Photos, Video) / Bbnaija: Khloe Caught In Bed With Kbrule / Video Cassette: Can You Still Remember Movies You Watched With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.