Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song (2562 Views)

5 Nigerian Song Lyrics You're Probably Getting Wrong / So You Think You Can Sing? Nairaland Music Contest 2015 (season 3) / Can The Music Lovers Here Tell Me The Name Of This Old Nigerian Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by Afam4eva(m): 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
These Australian choir did rendition of Nathaniel's Bassey's "IMELA" and they nailed it. Music is a global language. Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWa5R27zQCk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by Bilabong(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
First aid ooo. In case person bite mouth
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by fr3do(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Which one is now Igbo Nigerian?
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
wow! sexy!!
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by AfroCanadian: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Really? This should be on the FP. Lalasticlala do something.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by Zonacom(m): 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
Old gist
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by RevySax: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Abuja's #1 Sax King @RevySax drops yet another inspirational and Sensational Song; #Feast Of Horns. Download and Share.... http://www.reverbnation.com/q/60p8be
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by bigfrancis21: 2:55am On Aug 07, 2015
Lovely rendition to watch foreigners render the refrain of the song in Igbo flawlessly!

@OP...are you sure the musicians are australians though? They look to me more like native indians or filipinos.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by musicwriter(m): 4:53am On Aug 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Lovely rendition to watch foreigners render the refrain of the song in Igbo flawlessly!

@OP...are you sure the musicians are australians though? They look to me more like native indians or filipinos.

Don't make that mistake!.

Ancient Australians were black people!. There were no white Australians 10,000 years ago!. Upon the invasion and occupation of their land by the British, the original inhabitants of Australia (aborigines/blacks natives) were deliberately being ethnic-cleansed. The remaining population were out-breed to white over the centuries.

I'm presently working on a research to track down the original Jews/Israelites of the bible, using Geography and History. My initial findings is very interesting. I've published part of it and you can read it at http://www.africason.com/2015/07/modern-israel-is-not-descendant-of.html?m=1

It turns out those Australian aborigines look the same way as native Brazilians, Philippines, Indians. All black skins of African origin!.

For more insight, make sure to watch the video on the bottom of given link.

1 Like

Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by bigfrancis21: 5:02am On Aug 07, 2015
musicwriter:

Don't make that mistake!.

Ancient Australians were black people!. There were no white Australians 10,000 years ago!. Upon the invasion and occupation of their land by the British, the original inhabitants of Australia (aborigines/blacks natives) were deliberately being ethnic-cleansed. The remaining population were out-breed to white over the centuries.

I'm presently working on a research to track down the original Jews/Israelites of the bible, using Geography and History. My initial findings is very interesting. I've published part of it and you can read it at http://www.africason.com/2015/07/modern-israel-is-not-descendant-of.html?m=1

It turns out those Australian aborigines look the same way as native Brazilians, Philippines, Indians. All black skins of African origin!.

For more insight, make sure to watch the video on the bottom of given link.

I am well aware that the Australian aborigines are a black people and are dark-skinned like Nigerians or Ghanaians. There are also the white Australians of European ancestry who are descendants of European settlers in Australia. However, the people in the video do not look like regular Europeans but sort of Hispanic/Filipino. I was just clarifying from the op if those people were actually Australians.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by musicwriter(m): 5:37am On Aug 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I am well aware that the Australian aborigines are a black people and are dark-skinned like Nigerians or Ghanaians. There are also the white Australians of European ancestry who are descendants of European settlers in Australia. However, the people in the video do not look like regular Europeans but sort of Hispanic/Filipino. I was just clarifying from the op if those people were actually Australians.

OK, understood.

Of course, they're still Australians. They're actually the REAL Australians!. I heard the Australian government had or were to formally apologize to them for the crime committed against their ancestors many years ago.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by bigfrancis21: 6:01am On Aug 07, 2015
musicwriter:

OK, understood.

Of course, they're still Australians. They're actually the REAL Australians!. I heard the Australian government had or were to formally apologize to them for the crime committed against their ancestors many years ago.

Who are those you're referring to as the real australians, those in the music video? Those peeps are mixed-race sort of people. Aboriginal australians are dark-skinned, remember.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by musicwriter(m): 7:19am On Aug 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Who are those you're referring to as the real australians, those in the music video? Those peeps are mixed-race sort of people. Aboriginal australians are dark-skinned, remember.

Evolution suggests people are lightening up everywhere, even here in Africa.
Example; most black Americans have lightened up more than Africans due to climate. Of course, you'll still find few people here and there with very strong genes as black as a Ghanaians.

Also don't be of the old impression the aborigines are still living in the caves and forests as we read it in the history books. They've been rehabilitated and some now live in the cities as well.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by bigfrancis21: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
musicwriter:

Evolution suggests people are lightening up everywhere, even here in Africa.
Example; most black Americans have lightened up more than Africans due to climate. Of course, you'll still find few people here and there with very strong genes as black as a Ghanaians.

Also don't be of the old impression the aborigines are still living in the caves and forests as we read it in the history books. They've been rehabilitated and some now live in the cities as well.

You seem to be evading the question I asked and are giving me history lessons I'm aware of already.

Modern Australians today don't look like those people in the video. By modern Australians I mean the aboriginals (dark-skinned and mixed-race) and australians of European descent. However, the title of the thread says 'australians singing...' and I was simply asking if those people in the video were actually australian because they look nothing like the 2 major australian groups that are in Australia today and more of Filipinos. I'm saying Filipino because I have filipino co-workers and i'm quite conversant with them. Or maybe they are filipino-australians (filipino migrants in australia).

Did you actually watch that video?
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by amanze15(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
cool grin cheesy
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You seem to be evading the question I asked and are giving me history lessons I'm aware of already.

Modern Australians today don't look like those people in the video. By modern Australians I mean the aboriginals (dark-skinned and mixed-race) and australians of European descent. However, the title of the thread says 'australians singing...' and I was simply asking if those people in the video were actually australian because they look nothing like the 2 major australian groups that are in Australia today and more of Filipinos. I'm saying Filipino because I have filipino co-workers and i'm quite conversant with them. Or maybe they are filipino-australians (filipino migrants in australia).

Did you actually watch that video?

You need to understand that Australians is a continent as well. Those are Pacific islanders from the Australian continent most probably Samoans
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by musicwriter(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
speak2emmalex:

You need to understand that Austria is a continent as well. Those are Pacific islanders from the Australian continent most probably Samoans

Thanks.

I don't know what else to tell bigfrancis21, cause he just seem not to understand there're black nations all over Asia pacific.

Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Fiji, Australia, Philippines, even New Zealand. All these places were blacklands before now. There were no white people in these Islands 10,000 years ago. The original inhabitants of these Island were black people.

Once upon a time blackman ruled the world, and I'm preparing to make that happen again.

The people of the Andaman island are blacks (Africans) marooned in that island probably their ship capsized into the sea. They've been there for more than 10,000. Every effort made to integrate them into the population by the India government hit a brick-wall. They've not interbreed with other race, that's why they all remain black like every other African.

The video below is a prove of that.

Watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6I6L8b6mQs
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by bigfrancis21: 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
musicwriter:

Thanks.

I don't know what else to tell bigfrancis21, cause he just seem not to understand there're black nations all over Asia pacific.

Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Fiji, Australia, Philippines, even New Zealand. All these places were blacklands before now. There were no white people in these Islands 10,000 years ago. The original inhabitants of these Island were black people.

Once upon a time blackman ruled the world, and I'm preparing to make that happen again.

The people of the Andaman island are blacks (Africans) marooned in that island probably their ship capsized into the sea. They've been there for more than 10,000. Every effort made to integrate them into the population by the India government hit a brick-wall. They've not interbreed with other race, that's why they all remain black like every other African.

The video below is a prove of that.

Watch and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6I6L8b6mQs

Honestly, you did not seem to get my question posed at the op.

Let me ask you, did you watch the video at all to see the people singing that song? The people look hispanic/filipino sort of and in modern Australia today there are the aborigines (blacks), caucasian australians and the mixed-race in between (which we can easily tell when we see them). There are no native hispanics or filipinos in Australia. But the title of the thread says 'australians singing...' which seemed odd because the choir members don't look like people you'd commonly find in Australia today but rather in Latin America or the Fiji/Malaysia/Phillipines area etc.

It is just like watching a video of white people singing in Igbo and the title is labelled 'Nigerians singing Igbo song', and an outsider would probably wonder if the people are Nigerians because you don't commonly find native whites in Nigeria so maybe the video's title may have been mislabelled.

That's just my point all along. Hope you understand better now.
Re: Australians Sing Igbo Nigerian Song by bigfrancis21: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
By the way I would think that the people are migrants to Australia.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Usher - Bad Habits [Audio] / DOWNLOAD: DJ Op Dot - Best Of Omah Lay, Superbalat & Oxlade • Mixtape Mp3 / Anybody Heard Gyptian Feat. Nicki Minaj - Hold You: What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.