Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves (1489 Views)

Why Radio Biafra Is Still Operational In London - British Government / Radio Biafra Hits Airwaves In Lagos State - 89.1FM / Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by senier007(m): 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
The Nigerian government appears to have finally succeeded in taking the pirate channel, Radio Biafra, off the airwaves in south east of the country after earlier claims turned out false.

At 7:30 am Saturday, the broadcaster was off the air in Nnewi, Anambra State, where one of PREMIUM TIMES’ reporters monitored from.

It was the first time the channel’s signal would be off in the last one week. The government’s initial claims of jamming the transmission and seizing Radio Biafra’s equipment were untrue as of Friday night.

The Director-General of the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, Emeka Mba, on Friday said the commission had stopped the transmission of signals of Radio Biafra.

Mr. Mba also said the radio’s operators had been arrested.

“Working with security operatives, the commission has also tracked down, neutralized and confiscated transmitter equipment from several locations in the region,” he said.

“Some suspects involved in the illicit broadcasts have also been arrested and taken to Abuja for questioning and prosecution.

“The commission has also worked with other agencies to remove the transmissions of the illegal station from the satellite, and this has put paid to the divisive and disruptive transmissions.”

However, by 10:08 p.m. on Friday, hours after the NBC’s statement was released, the pirate station, according to a PREMIUM TIMES South East correspondent, was still blaring its message in at least one location in the South East — Nnewi, Anambra State.

The head of the channel, Nnamdi Kanu, was at the time, receiving calls from listeners and also mocking the government. He said the antics of the government was making the station even more popular.

“Nothing can stop us and we are moving higher,” he said.

The station also denied that its staff members were arrested.

On Tuesday, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Information, Shade Yemi-Esan, had told journalists that the NBC had jammed the station’s transmission.

The radio station denied this via its twitter handle and listeners in the South East confirmed that the station had not gone off the airwaves.

It was unclear if the suspension of transmission on Saturday was a result of government action.

Radio Biafra, which claims to be broadcasting the ideology of the former breakaway republic, Biafra, has in the last weeks spewed inciting messages and propaganda.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/18/finally-radio-biafra-airwaves
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by keandre: 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Ufranklin92(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
go and sleep

am listining to it right now

6 Likes

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
yawns
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by senier007(m): 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ufranklin92:
go and sleep

Online?
They do not broadcast by this time, they only play music that's on tunein radio with " will be back in 45 mins"message

1 Like

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Omololu007(m): 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
K
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by podosci(m): 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
When are you gonna mobilize for war, all this noise is getting too much . Its time for Biafran war part2. Kanu would be watching the death and destruction from Uk on CNN while I would be watching on NTA in Abuja grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Ufranklin92(m): 11:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
senier007:

Online?
They do not broadcast by this time, they only play music that's on tunein radio with " will be back in 45 mins"message

not online,on the radio

1 Like

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by ezeagu(m): 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
When are you gonna mobilize for war, all this noise is getting too much . Its time for Biafran war part2. Kanu would be watching the death and destruction from Uk on CNN while I would be watching on NTA in Abuja grin grin

Finish Boko Haram first.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by papaejima1: 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Am in PH and am listening to it on 102.1
So which one did they take off air?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by eraly(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ah beg, make una leave dis Pple nw. Let dem do dia tin. Its obvious they wanna leave. D way som Pple here ar even reporting about dis radio biafra sef dey make dem dey popular. If they want to leave, lets allow dem leave. Who says we can't survive without dem. N wu says they can't survive witout us. Iru OLORUN ni kosi, iru eniyan po jantirere.

Nigeria is giving dem too much publicity. Am not scared of dem leaving. Unless we dnt knw wu we ar.
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
Dem get starting but no finishing!
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by jomoh: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2015
The Lagoon Radio
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Magician1503(m): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
Whatever undecided
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by lordrayne(m): 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
This people self
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by eraly(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
What exactly is d issue ibos/igbos/SE av with southwest? I jus dnt knw o. Y do they see us as traitor n call us all sort of names? Make una do fast come park una load comot for naija. We sef don dey tired of una.

Pls fellow Nigerians, lets stop sounding as if we ar afraid of letting dem go. As for me, am not afraid of freeing dem. No1 has notin to lose.

1 Like

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by podosci(m): 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
why nah? Why don't you people just start the war tomorrow....Are you afraid of fighting?

2 Likes

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
the Igbo's will say we are super rich, we have oil but are the Igbo's trying to say dangote an Hausa man is not the richest man in Africa presently.. Igbo's should stop constituting nuisance...
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by cyprus000: 11:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
why nah? Why don't you people just start the war tomorrow....Are you afraid of fighting?

[size=13pt]
Do you want war?..I am 100% ready to give you one.

Not all this internet cowerdice show off,you are known for.
Can we meet up?..so you can cause the chaos and slaying you threaten.
[/size]
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by podosci(m): 11:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
War with me? Are you high? ...am talking war, you talking about meeting up to exchange a few blows and a few kicks.....I mean full on scale war, the kind that lead to the death of 3 million biafrans, the kind that involves bombs, guns, blood and death.....Kanu should should stop ranting on radio and start the war he has been preaching, all it takes is to blow up a police station or invade an army barrack and we are good to go...although I have no intention of fighting , Me and Kanu would be watching the blood shed from the comfort of our homes while the fools down east who listened to him die in their thousands

1 Like

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
senier007:
The Nigerian government appears to have finally succeeded in taking the pirate channel, Radio Biafra, off the airwaves in south east of the country after earlier claims turned out false.

At 7:30 am Saturday, the broadcaster was off the air in Nnewi, Anambra State, where one of PREMIUM TIMES’ reporters monitored from.

It was the first time the channel’s signal would be off in the last one week. The government’s initial claims of jamming the transmission and seizing Radio Biafra’s equipment were untrue as of Friday night.

The Director-General of the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC, Emeka Mba, on Friday said the commission had stopped the transmission of signals of Radio Biafra.

Mr. Mba also said the radio’s operators had been arrested.

“Working with security operatives, the commission has also tracked down, neutralized and confiscated transmitter equipment from several locations in the region,” he said.

“Some suspects involved in the illicit broadcasts have also been arrested and taken to Abuja for questioning and prosecution.

“The commission has also worked with other agencies to remove the transmissions of the illegal station from the satellite, and this has put paid to the divisive and disruptive transmissions.”

However, by 10:08 p.m. on Friday, hours after the NBC’s statement was released, the pirate station, according to a PREMIUM TIMES South East correspondent, was still blaring its message in at least one location in the South East — Nnewi, Anambra State.

The head of the channel, Nnamdi Kanu, was at the time, receiving calls from listeners and also mocking the government. He said the antics of the government was making the station even more popular.

“Nothing can stop us and we are moving higher,” he said.

The station also denied that its staff members were arrested.

On Tuesday, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Information, Shade Yemi-Esan, had told journalists that the NBC had jammed the station’s transmission.

The radio station denied this via its twitter handle and listeners in the South East confirmed that the station had not gone off the airwaves.

It was unclear if the suspension of transmission on Saturday was a result of government action.

Radio Biafra, which claims to be broadcasting the ideology of the former breakaway republic, Biafra, has in the last weeks spewed inciting messages and propaganda.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/18/finally-radio-biafra-airwaves
Lies I just finished listening to my favorite radio station which is RADIO BIAFRA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
War with me? Are you high? ...am talking war, you talking about meeting up to exchange a few blows and a few kicks.....I mean full on scale war, the kind that lead to the death of 3 million biafrans, the kind that involves bombs, guns, blood and death.....Kanu should should stop ranting on radio and start the war he has been preaching, all it takes is to blow up a police station or invade an army barrack and we are good to go...although I have no intention of fighting , Me and Kanu would be watching the blood shed from the comfort of our homes while the fools down east who listened to him die in their thousands

hahahaha we all go watch on tv lolx with my riffle on my lap incase any flat heads attack me I'll send them straight to the east

1 Like

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by basilo101: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
kingsolex:
the Igbo's will say we are super rich, we have oil but are the Igbo's trying to say dangote an Hausa man is not the richest man in Africa presently.. Igbo's should stop constituting nuisance...
Typical yoruba logic. U ppl reason upside down. Wat does being d richest man have to do wit poverty level in dat area? I guess Nigeria is now d best in Africa because of Dangote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2015
basilo101:

Typical yoruba logic. U ppl reason upside down. Wat does being d richest man have to do wit poverty level in dat area? I guess Nigeria is now d best in Africa because of Dangote

basic Igbo coconut head stop saying u are rich wen the so called poor graded region an individual is richer than ur wealth graded region ewu,
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Kyase(m): 12:04am On Jul 19, 2015
Ufranklin92:
go and sleep
kia u can lie
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by cyprus000: 12:08am On Jul 19, 2015
podosci:

[size=13pt]
Coward!

And who talked about exchanging blows..is that what you fuckwit think.

That I will have time engaging a douche-fagg.
if you honor my bait,it is either you send me to heaven for judgement or I send you to heaven for judgement,so the world will be free of a nuisance.

Simple has ABCD

On the flipside:war you ask,war you shall receive in double fold.
Since your expired nation have refuse to conduct referendum.
I don't have time to school you on the implication of a repeat on what happened during 40's.
Bfor you threaten hell on biafra,don't forget that you don't have military in your zoo.
Only boyz scout that boko haram are giving heels.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by podosci(m): 12:14am On Jul 19, 2015
You are still making noise.....Please just blow up a police station tomorrow, 3 million died the last time....maybe 5-7million this time around grin grin grin
Like I said, I would be watching everything from the comfort of my home in Abuja on NTA, while Many would be watching in UK
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by cyprus000: 12:19am On Jul 19, 2015
podosci:
You are still making noise.....Please just blow up a police station tomorrow, 3 million died the last time....maybe 5-7million this time around grin grin grin
Like I said, I would be watching everything from the comfort of my home in Abuja on NTA, while Many would be watching in UK

[size=13pt]
I can see that the cowardice ish runs in the blood.

No qualms tho,I will just drive pass.
No time to waste on a kid..got a lot of things to catch up with.
[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by podosci(m): 12:24am On Jul 19, 2015
Cowardice ke....I am not a soldier, but I won't mind watching biafra war part2 on CNN when it starts grin grin grin
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by Swizdoe(m): 1:38am On Jul 19, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Do you want war?..I am 100% ready to give you one.

Not all this internet cowerdice show off,you are known for.
Can we meet up?..so you can cause the chaos and slaying you threaten.
[/size]

Like seriously!!!!!........
So this is your definition of war
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by cyprus000: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2015
Swizdoe:
Like seriously!!!!!........ So this is your definition of war
[size=13pt] Do you have problem with comprehension? [/size]
Re: Finally, Radio Biafra Is Off The Airwaves by kendyk: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2015
You people like lies and deceit. The truth is that Nigeria government went to Israel and bought a satelite company that was hosting radio biafra, the name of the company is SatLink Communication then they stopped radio biafra signal. Since thursday, radio biafra has been transfered to another satelite and it is still broadcasting on 102.1 fm. No body can stop that radio

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Misinformed Nigeria On State Of Niger Bridge Project - Onolememen / SHAME!!! See What Abia Gov’s CPS, Adindu Was Allegedly Caught Doing (photos) / Anti-graft War: Buhari Dining, Wining With Former PDP Hit Men, Says Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.