Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Why There Is Improved Power Generation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why There Is Improved Power Generation (1784 Views)

Expect Improved Power Supply In 2017 – Fashola / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There Is Improved Power Generation by EnergyWA: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
In the last few weeks, there has been steady but improved power generation. The reason for this is simply the sharp reduction in gas pipeline vandalism since the new administration took over. The new government at its inception cancelled contracts that gave certain groups the authority to protect pipelines and handed this responsibility to the country's security forces. This could be one of the reason. Another factor could be a natural consequence of some powerful people involved in vandalism losing power.

Nigeria can generate as much as 6,000MW if vandalization can be completely stopped

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by helpinghands(m): 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
I hope it gets more better.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
My President is working.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by EnergyWA: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
modelmike7:
My President is working.

The President has not really done much as regards policy but the change in power has changed the dynamics.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Harryzon(m): 11:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
One 9jeria
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Cyberthreat: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
EnergyWA:
In the last few weeks, there has been steady but improved power generation. The reason for this is simply the sharp reduction in gas pipeline vandalization since the new administration took over. The new government at its inception cancelled contracts that gave certain groups the authority to protect pipelines and handed this responsibility to the country's security forces. This could be one of the reason. Another factor could be a natural consequence of some powerful people involved in vandalization losing power.

Nigeria can generate as much as 6,000MW if vandalization can be completely stopped

Kai... Jesus! U don turn vanguard
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Elose11(m): 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
Those that were sabotaging the power sector have taken over power. Vandalization of gas pipe line was one of the instruments the apc elements used to discredit the achievement of the Jonathan's govt in the power sector.

3 Likes

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
EnergyWA:

The President has not really done much as regards policy but the change in power has changed the dynamics.
...... Good bro, but i guess we are saying 'almost' the same thing. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by disloman(m): 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2015
EnergyWA:

That's where u wrong.This is not about policy.It is about d body language of d leader we av.Those who get involved in impunity now know it is not business as usual.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by deji68: 11:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
small time now Buhari go pull the carpet from under your feet ....no be me do am ooo i cant take the credit grin grin grin Buhari is more honest than his supporters walahai !!!!!
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by disloman(m): 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
Elose11:
Those that were sabotaging the power sector have taken over power. Vandalization of gas pipe line was one of the instruments the apc elements used to discredit the achievement of the Jonathan's govt in the power sector.
N GEJ can't do a thang with all d military n para-military under his belt?Hope u av taken ur drug sha?

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by disloman(m): 11:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
deji68:
small time now Buhari go pull the carpet from under your feet ....no be me do am ooo i cant take the credit grin grin grin Buhari is more honest than his supporters walahai !!!!!

Ao did u want him to take credit?He knows what he is saying.Cos if he does,U wailers will still wail.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by AngryNigerian(m): 11:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
Elose11:

...i tink u hav a point here,though u can't prove it
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by podosci(m): 11:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Mumu, let's say the ApC decided to vandalize the pipeline, why did the incompetent GEj allow them to succeed?

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by EnergyWA: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2015
deji68:

I am not writing as a Buhari supporter.

The new environment has led to a sharp reduction in vandalism. How much of it is down to Buhari is subject to debate.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Mrbigman1(m): 12:07am On Jul 19, 2015
Op get ur facts right please!

What happened to installation of new and modern turbines?

What happened to building more power plant in all regions?

What happened to d introduction of new technologies into d system?

Una dey force una self dey praise dis buhari self.

He can't be as intelligent as Gej.

Remember Gej was commissioning all dis power plant during election campaigns even wen dey wia yet to be operational so dat buhari Wnt commission and say I did it.

something better that wat u wrote happened and is happening.

When d one built by Bath nnaji picks up in Aba and generates 1000MGWTT, d country would be lighted up by den and mind u, dey re all blue pring of Gej.

Why did buhari start immediately by starting nuclear energy in Kogi and Akwa-ibom?

Cos it would take at least 4 yrs to generate.

Mind u, d Enugu coal plant is still on d way.

So buhari is still on a rat race chasing people.

When he looks around maybe, time may be against him, den we would seek for second tenure and would be gladly shown d way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by macof(m): 12:29am On Jul 19, 2015
At this moment anything you see is due to GEJ's policies

Buhari hasn't started making a difference. ..he hasn't even made his team yet

The privatization of the power sector seems to be paying off

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by Swizdoe(m): 12:44am On Jul 19, 2015
disloman:
N GEJ can't do a thang with all d military n para-military under his belt?Hope u av taken ur drug sha?
Gej's followers keeps showing the world that their hero is a pussyy........
A man that had the opportunity of being the best thing to ever happen to nigeria ended up in the recycle bin of history
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by EnergyWA: 4:56am On Jul 19, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Op get ur facts right please!

What happened to installation of new and modern turbines?

What happened to building more power plant in all regions?

What happened to d introduction of new technologies into d system?

Una dey force una self dey praise dis buhari self.

He can't be as intelligent as Gej.

Remember Gej was commissioning all dis power plant during election campaigns even wen dey wia yet to be operational so dat buhari Wnt commission and say I did it.

something better that wat u wrote happened and is happening.

When d one built by Bath nnaji picks up in Aba and generates 1000MGWTT, d country would be lighted up by den and mind u, dey re all blue pring of Gej.

Why did buhari start immediately by starting nuclear energy in Kogi and Akwa-ibom?

Cos it would take at least 4 yrs to generate.

Mind u, d Enugu coal plant is still on d way.

So buhari is still on a rat race chasing people.

When he looks around maybe, time may be against him, den we would seek for second tenure and would be gladly shown d way.

There has always been new turbines built. That is not what is responsible.

Many of the new plants do not even have access to gas.

The main reason for sudden improvement is not new plants, it is the gas supply improvement.

I am not here to praise or condemn anyone.

Obj laid the foundation for power reform and probably deserves the most credit. GEJ played his part as well but improvement was not visible in both cases due to poor gas supply.

3 Likes

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by tbaba1234: 5:23am On Jul 19, 2015
macof:
At this moment anything you see is due to GEJ's policies

Buhari hasn't started making a difference. ..he hasn't even made his team yet

The privatization of the power sector seems to be paying off

Even though, he is not given as much credit as he deserves. OBJ is the brains behind the privatisation process.

GEJ built on it.

The major challenge we faced in the power sector is gas supply.

1 Like

Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by homerac7: 5:59am On Jul 19, 2015
@ tbaba and EnergyWA,

You guys are so so correct ! I'm pleased that truly knowledgeable people are still on Nairaland.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2015
EnergyWA:
In the last few weeks, there has been steady but improved power generation. The reason for this is simply the sharp reduction in gas pipeline vandalism since the new administration took over. The new government at its inception cancelled contracts that gave certain groups the authority to protect pipelines and handed this responsibility to the country's security forces. This could be one of the reason. Another factor could be a natural consequence of some powerful people involved in vandalism losing power.

Another major contributory factor is the seasonal rainy season which provide more water to the dams and therefore facilitate generation of hydroelectricity.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by homerac7: 7:58am On Jul 19, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Another major contributory factor is the seasonal rainy season which provide more water to the dams and therefore facilitate generation of hydroelectricity.

Error !

The hydrology cycle of dams does not peak with rainy season. As matter of fact, it peaks between August and October due to time taken for the water to travel its watershed course and mainflow from source areas to midstream areas where most of the dams are.

It takes the River Niger about 3 months to make its journey from its sources to Kainji.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by disloman(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
Swizdoe:

Gej's followers keeps showing the world that their hero is a pussyy........
A man that had the opportunity of being the best thing to ever happen to nigeria ended up in the recycle bin of history
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2015
homerac7:

Error !

The hydrology cycle of dams does not peak with rainy season. As matter of fact, it peaks between August and October due to time taken for the water to travel its watershed course and mainflow from source areas to midstream areas where most of the dams are.

It takes the River Niger about 3 months to make its journey from its sources to Kainji.

Kai, your over sabi too much; this is how some of you fail your NECCO exam.
Who is talking about peaking or are you suggesting that the rains are not already contributing?
We are all observing an over all improvement in power and considering the cause; and all I am saying is that the rains are a contributory factor - not necessarily when such contribution would peak maximally, hope you get the difference.
Re: Why There Is Improved Power Generation by sammyj: 10:48am On Jul 20, 2015
Good to know that this government is doing something right compared to the former clueless administration !!!! shocked cool

(1) (Reply)

See What The World Is Saying About America's Refusal To Sell Arms To Nigeria / Africa's Tallest Statue: The Monument To The African Renaissance / How Saraki Shot Himself On The Foot (he Contravened Law 15 ) - 2rutalk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.