Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Atheists Are Very "Wise" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are Very "Wise" (3241 Views)

Atheists Are More Intelligent ‘because They Overcome The Instinct Of Religion' / Atheists Are Hypocrites / How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
NumberOne2:

Bro, I am surprised to see your post. I know you dont agree with Evolution cos its dumb. So I said SOME atheist not ALL wink
Quite the contrary, there are tons of evidences and fossil records that support evolution. . . Evolution is in no way a dumb theory.

I do not subscribe to any theory on the origin of life because "None have been perfected" Once any branch of study is perfected with evidences and proofs as regard the origin of anything then i will subscribe to it, evolution is still under heavy STUDY.... So i maintain "I don't know" because I don't for real and cannot claim to.

I only commented because of the Straw Man fallacies you employ often in this regard. . I don't know if you purposely do it but you just misrepresent and lay a very blatant misconception of the subject so as to drag it down the level you want. At least when you want to argue on a subject, argue on it based on exactly what the subject says, don't misrepresent it.

Other than that, i see no reason to comment

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
johnydon22:
Quite the contrary, there are tons of evidences and fossil records that support evolution. . . Evolution is in no way a dumb theory.

I do not subscribe to any theory on the origin of life because "None have been perfected" Once any branch of study is perfected with evidences and proofs as regard the origin of anything then i will subscribe to it, evolution is still under heavy STUDY.... So i maintain "I don't know" because I don't for real and cannot claim to.

I only commented because of the Straw Man fallacies you employ often in this regard. . I don't know if you purposely do it but you just misrepresent and lay a very blatant misconception of the subject so as to drag it down the level you want. At least when you want to argue on a subject, argue on it based on exactly what the subject says, don't misrepresent it.

Other than that, i see no reason to comment

This is why I like interacting with you. You do not know the source of life so you leave it. This is what a LOGICAL person would do.
Some Atheist will give their RIGHT eye to say Evolution is perfect (despite the VERY large fossil GAPS) and so is superior to Religion.
That is the purpose of this thread. Choosing one of 2 percieved "wrongs" doesn't make the wrong you choose right. That is DELUSION in itself.

As for the mockings, we know how Atheists like to mock Religion. I just thought I throw that in the mix so they have a taste of it.
Those pics are funny though. The car was a Joke though (Its non living) but then it is assumed that life came from non living.
The truth is those other pics are the kind of stuff Evolutionist want us to believe. (Grasshoppers from Fish, Cats from Sharks). Oh please!
Tell a 5 year old.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2015
NumberOne2:

Those pics are funny though. The car was a Joke though (Its non living) but then it is assumed that life came from non living.
Organic matter in this case, lets quote with clarity. am only trying to make you stop the misconceptions.

The truth is those other pics are the kind of stuff Evolutionist want us to believe. (Grasshoppers from Fish, Cats from Sharks). Oh please!
Tell a 5 year old.
Really the pictures are a very wrong form of misconception. . It in fact is exactly the opposite of evolutionary trend judging from what i have read.

Cats (falidea) never evolved from a fish, According to evolution it all branched off from one common ancestor. Modern felidaes evolving from an ancient caber tooth cat-like creatures. . .Seriously, the pictures are giving you a very wrong idea of what the study entails and i suggest you read it instead of viewing the Memes.

I think the memes are sorely wrong and in no way mocks the subject rather mocks the meme maker because he just showed he never read evolution.

I am only of the opinion that subjects should be presented as they really are and not wrongly misrepresented to down play it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by hahn(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
johnydon22:

I am only of the opinion that subjects should be presented as they really are and not wrongly misrepresented to down play it

Apparently, this is his sole aim. Not to understand but to criticize and probably get "likes" from his fellow disillusionarians

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
johnydon22:

In evolution land animals came from sea. Traced back far enough, the cats came from water. Anyways, I will agree with Evolution when it stops assumptions and tell us how life began.
Evolution is based on existence of life which it cannot explain its origins. Let me know when it does.

hahn:

Apparently, this is his sole aim. Not to understand but to criticize and probably get "likes" from his fellow disillusionarians

No the aim is to ask evolution where life came from. I stated a thread in the Science section (with better minds than yours) which has not been answered.
Evolution assumes life exists already but from where? This is a question you cant answer yet you believe Evolution? I laugh. Talk about Delusion.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by scarred9jan(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
jejemanito:
You just proved them right with your dumb thread

thank you

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by hahn(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
NumberOne2:

In evolution land animals came from sea. Traced back far enough, the cats came from water. Anyways, I will agree with Evolution when it stops assumptions and tell us how life began.
Evolution is based on existence of life which it cannot explain its origins. Let me know when it does.

No the aim is to ask evolution where life came from. I stated a thread in the Science section (with better minds than yours) which has not been answered.
Evolution assumes life exists already but from where? This is a question you cant answer yet you believe Evolution? I laugh. Talk about Delusion.

How are you so certain I believe in evolution?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
NumberOne2:

Good

Actually waiting on evolution to tell you the origin of life is a total waste of time, evolution is a branch of study on the development in features and characteristics of organisms not their origin. . If you want scientific hypothesis on the origin of organisms then look into other scientific studies on the origin of life like abiogenesis and others . . you will never find it in the evolutionary theory because thats not what evolution is about

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
johnydon22:
Good

Actually waiting on evolution to tell you the origin of life is a total waste of time, evolution is a branch of study on the development in features and characteristics of organisms not their origin. . If you want scientific hypothesis on the origin of organisms then look into other scientific studies on the origin of life like abiogenesis and others . . you will never find it in the evolutionary theory because thats not what evolution is about

Guess we are waiting on science for the origins of life. Same way religion is waiting for the end of the World.
Whichever comes first... time will tell. wink
Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
NumberOne2:

Guess we are waiting on science for the origins of life. Same way religion is waiting for the end of the World.
Whichever comes first... time will tell. wink
Hahahahahahahaha religion is bleeped honestly. . .. End of the world, prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf cheesy. . .You will pass the wait down to your future generation 2000 years hence.

The religion of today is the myth of the future... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by plaetton: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
NumberOne2:
Many Atheist claim that Theist have mental problems by believing in a "non existent" God. They feel they are more intelligent than religious folks.
Ok lets see some facts out of many:
1) Many Atheist are superstitious. They believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus but those that believe in God are crazy.
2) They believe a Big Bang came from nothing. So, in the begining there was nothing, then NOTHING exploded and something formed.
3) They believe in Evolution which is probably "VERY SMART" in that given enough time, glass, plastic, water, engine oil and metals can EVOLVE into a car.

So how wise are these folks? One scripture comes to mind... Romans 1:22-23
Laughing out loud.

This thread is ironic and so hilarious, considering, that the op's objective is to show that bible thumpers are not mo.rons.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 5:32am On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahahaha religion is bleeped honestly. . .. End of the world, prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf cheesy. . .You will pass the wait down to your future generation 2000 years hence.

The religion of today is the myth of the future... smiley

Well, same as the wait for science "origins of life" will be passed to future generations. cheesy
Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by Weah96: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Well, same as the wait for science "origins of life" will be passed to future generations. cheesy

Religion has bigger issues to worry about than the ordinary end of the world wait time.

Nobody's worrying about the end of the world. Last time I checked, everyone dies. No exceptions. Some holy ghost preachers get called home at 27, same age as some of the unskilled armed robbers gunned down by the police. The world ends for dead people. To threaten someone with end of the world scenario is like peeing in the wind. The thing is inevitable.

The claims in religion go far beyond that business. Religion has in it an inherent, self-verifying method for determining it's vericacy. Islam, for example, is based upon the word of one man. This man told other adults that he spoke with the thing/creature person who made us, Time, and Space. That's like telling everyone that you're f)ucking Oprah. That type of monster claim should be EASY to prove. Why all the run around?

Science, on the other hand, doesn't say what they don't know. Scientists will never tell you that the breasts of female ghosts average so and so. But a religionist won't shy away from empty, nonsense statements like that.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 6:56am On Jul 21, 2015
Weah96:

Religion has bigger issues to worry about than the ordinary end of the world wait time.

Nobody's worrying about the end of the world. Last time I checked, everyone dies. No exceptions. Some holy ghost preachers get called home at 27, same age as some of the unskilled armed robbers gunned down by the police. The world ends for dead people. To threaten someone with end of the world scenario is like peeing in the wind. The thing is inevitable.

The claims in religion go far beyond that business. Religion has in it an inherent, self-verifying method for determining it's vericacy. Islam, for example, is based upon the word of one man. This man told other adults that he spoke with the thing/creature person who made us, Time, and Space. That's like telling everyone that you're f)ucking Oprah. That type of monster claim should be EASY to prove. Why all the run around?

Science, on the other hand, doesn't say what they don't know. Scientists will never tell you that the breasts of female ghosts average so and so. But a religionist won't shy away from empty, nonsense statements like that.

Here is my point. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. There are folks who don't believe that the Earth revolves. What will you do, shoot them? You can call them ignorant but the truth is for all we know, scientists told us so. Have you seen the Earth revolve? No. Do you even feel it revolve? It revolves at 460m/s. Think about it. This is round a 400m track in just 1 second and we don't feel it.
Yet you believe, cos Science said so. There has been fraud reported in science also.

Some say the Apollo never landed on the moon. It was a video from NASA. How can this be prooved. Sometimes, it is wise to let people be with their beliefs (good or bad). You can tell them of an alternative belief (like science or some other religion) but DONT ridicle or condemn cos if the facts of the counter arguements (to the person beliefs) are checked, you will see that it has its own flaws. Neither side is perfect.
Evolutionist counter Creationist. To a neutral man ,both arguments have their flaws so which should he pick? The most "scientific"?

PS: I believe the Earth rotates, its just an example

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by frank317: 7:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Some people dumb shaaa. Nigeria is really in trouble. And this guy could b a pastor with graduates as followers. Its plain sad.

The stupidity fuming out of this thread could be contagious... Better run off before the op infect me with it.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 8:38am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Thats why i love science, the ancient men practised a branch of science called astrology. We have taken it further and we have now reached as far as pluto. . . The future generations will achieve even far more outstanding feats than us.

But the religion of the ancient men are now myth today, but their science still remains the same smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Good

Christianity and the bible are based on God (foundation).
Evolution is base on existence of life already (foundation).

Hmmm,
Excusing Evolutionist from origins of life is like excusing Christians from explaining God.
If someone else has to fix the foundation on which evolution is built, I guess some else (outside believers) should be asked about God.
Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 11:38am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Hmmm,
Excusing Evolutionist from origins of life is like excusing Christians from explaining God.
If someone else has to fix the foundation on which evolution is built, I guess some else (outside believers) should be asked about God.
I think right now you are confusing yourself on scientific subjects.

Relativity is a scientific study and it deals with time, gravity and speed yet these field too are independent scientific subjects.
Evolution is a scientific study on development of life not the origin of it. . No matter how hard you try, you will never get a hypothesis postulated in evolution on how life began because that is not what its all about... The origin of life is very distinct from the development of species (stop confusing both)

Your analogy is like saying, Becauze pythagoras theorem is a branch of mathematical study then it should account for the origin of mathematics.

it's all independent branch of study . . . . . . And please it's embarrassing comparing STUDY with religious beliefs.

You don't even see how absurd you sound when bringing up such childish defence
Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by NumberOne2(m): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:

Your analogy is like saying, Becauze pythagoras theorem is a branch of mathematical study then it should account for the origin of mathematics.

You don't even see how absurd you sound when bringing up such childish defence

Christianity is not a BRANCH of God. I used FOUNDATION not BRANCH. Poor example.
Here is a better one: A man built his house on a faulty foundation. He expects others to fix it?

I am not saying ONLY evolution should fix it, but I am sure they will also be interested in research in fixing it.
Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by johnydon22(m): 11:53am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Christianity is not a BRANCH of God. I used FOUNDATION not BRANCH. Poor example.
Here is a better one: A man built his house on a faulty foundation. He expects others to fix it?
I am not saying ONLY evolution should fix it, but I am sure they will also be interested in research in fixing it.
You are forgetting that Christianity is not the only religion that lays claim to a God. . So talk about foundation then we take it all other religions are all foundations of God.

Again still on the same blunder of begging evolution to explain how life began when certainly it doesn't and still will never. . . In science there are different methods for different fields.

Using the house analogy scienficially, Making a foundation. It takes different expertise and method to make a house foundation and to make the walls. One entails digging and other masonry. . .You cannot expect to dig holes by using block and cement...Same way it takes two distinct branch of study to study about ORIGIN OF LIFE and THE DEVELOPMENT OF LIFE (species)
Re: Atheists Are Very "Wise" by Weah96: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Hmmm,

Scientists don't claim to know. There are different schools of thought as far as origin of life is concerned. But the same level of honesty cannot be obtained from the God people. They are talking to the creator 6 ft away from me, and claiming that I need special equipment to hear the replies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download “street Gospel Gyration” 2017 Mixtape By DJ Ernesty / An Ungodly Row: Dawkins Sues His Disciple / Music: Fiyin F’oluwa Remix ~ Leke Ogunmokun Ft. Omolayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.