Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,609 members, 7,851,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer (14004 Views)

How Do I Tactfully Reject A Job Offer. / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by omowolewa: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Advance MS-Excel application and modeling. Excel is the bed rock of any accounting package.

Office automation and filing system.

Material management and control.

But you have to register for IFRS on your own anyway. Thatz the trend of accounting now, its the value in you. You would eventually be blamed if the auditors complains about your inefficiency at it. If you're in Lagos I would recommend WYSE tutors to you on that.

Enjoy your new job, catch your fun as much as possible and be professional.

moscobabs:
ello Nairalanders especially Auditors and Accountants in the house.

I am an Internal Control officer in my present company, I just got a better offer in a manufacturing company as an Auditor which I suppose to resume on 3rd of next month.

I received a call from the Chairman of the company today that the company wants to place me on a short training relating to my career for just 3 weeks so I can be more active on my field. But the problem now is that they asked me which of the training I would like to put in to? But only one I know that's relating to auditing is IFRS training which the chairman rejected because the company cannot afford it.

my fellow Auditors and Accountants pls suggest anyone you know to me and the cost.

Thanks as you reply.
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by hadura29(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Scrypt:
When the offer letter has a bond that is one sided and only favours the employer rather than both parties. Run for your life.

I had something like what you mentioned above.. Their MOU na die.... Lol... To kill the whole nonsense, it's a commission job... I quickly borrowed Usain bolt's legs...

Mo ya danu...

1 Like

Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
hadura29:

I had something like what you mentioned above.. Their MOU na die.... Lol... To kill the whole nonsense, it's a commission job... I quickly borrowed Usain bolt's legs...

Mo ya danu...

Bros. Na the country when we find ourselves oh. When company when no guarantee you job after training tell you say you must pay if you comot before training end and to top am, the training is anything like a training. Pure cheap labour things angry sad
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by boolet: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ojestas:
You right, OP. . Good one! But be ready to accept Suffering.
Most definitely, the advice is not for desperadoes, it's for those who either have a choice and/or ego.
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by HAH: 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
moscobabs:

I am an Internal Control officer in my present company, I just got a better offer in a manufacturing company as an Auditor which I suppose to resume on 3rd of next month.

I received a call from the Chairman of the company today that the company wants to place me on a short training relating to my career for just 3 weeks so I can be more active on my field. But the problem now is that they asked me which of the training I would like to put in to? But only one I know that's relating to auditing is IFRS training which the chairman rejected because the company cannot afford it.

my fellow Auditors and Accountants pls suggest anyone you know to me and the cost.

Thanks as you reply.

If iwere you I will open a thread for this request and beg lalasticala and seun to put it on front page, with that it will easily be noticed and you can get desired advice
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by idbami2(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
akanbiaa:
Correction you only reject a job if salary is less that sum of feeding and transport.
Meaning it doesn't pay well..
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by Jamean(f): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
moscobabs:

Thanks as you reply.

Kindly contact Dapsins69

Last seen is quite a while but a pm may help.
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by viktor01(m): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
op, suffering is realllllllllllllll!
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by Jamean(f): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Scrypt:
When the offer letter has a bond that is one sided and only favours the employer rather than both parties. Run for your life.

Bond ko...tbills ni grin
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by Segzay(m): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Op,,ur post is suffering frm a disease called "reality",,,if nt u no knw say fr ds naija wey jobs scarce,,no tym to dey reason ds way,,in as much as ur points r quite right on paper bt in naija(Reality),its a no-no,,,na to first accept d job befor someone else does nd mak sometin gud out of it!!
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by Felixitie(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
Not applicable to Nigerians..the hustling na die!
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by professore(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
this is bit funny but somehow true
Re: 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer by moscobabs(m): 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
HAH:

If iwere you I will open a thread for this request and beg lalasticala and seun to put it on front page, with that it will easily be noticed and you can get desired advice
Thanks but I have opened a thread before i even post it here but I don't know why such important topic don't make FP .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Got Text (1,babatunde Street,off Ogunlana Drive,surulere)for Interview / 4 Attitudes That Can Increase Your Chances Of Landing The Job / Npower April Stipend Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.