Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,659 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? (22437 Views)

Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by onyekaegbo: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
I'm roughly 2-3 months away from rounding off my NYSC programme and I just got a job with a telecomm firm and they resolved to paying 60k per month (after tax). Now I'm at a crossroad because I was aiming for something higher than this. This really has nothing to do with pride as some people might assume, just that I'm somewhat disturbed that the sum is not 'okay' enough, considering the harsh realities confronting the economy presently. I'm expected to start soon and I'm so confused, whether to accept or reject the offer.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Sanchez01: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
I think you should. Although the sum might look small, considering what Nigeria is saying now but I think you should. If you have a better offer hanging elsewhere, then you should chase that. If not, stick with this for now and work something out.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by kapai(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
Experience is the beat teacher,your just a young graduate.If after your t-fare expenses and you still have something left in the pocket.I'll advice you to pickup the job from there you now work for something greater.

Don't forget we have thousands of unemployed out there begging for such opportunity.

38 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by onyekaegbo: 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
wailing:

undecided
It is a typographical error. I didn't ask you to assess the structure of my sentences and I didn't ask to be faulted.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Okenwoke: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
I will advise you to take the offer, if the salary can take care of your basic needs like transport fare, feeding and other sundry expenses. You can always get another offer and experience is very key. Go grab it.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by bollyfolly: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:
I'm roughly 2-3 months away from rounding off my NYSC programme and I just got a job with a telecomm firm and they resolved to paying 60k per month (after tax). Now I'm at a crossroad because I was aiming for something higher than this. This really has nothing to do with pride as some people might assume, just that I'm somewhat disturbed that the sum is not 'okay' enough, considering the harsh realities confronting the economy presently. I'm expected to start soon and I'm so confused, whether to accept or reject the offer.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Please accept the offer with kind gesture but you wouldn't limit yourself there. Accepting the offer gives you edge among other fresh graduate applicants as you already have working experience.

Please take it to build your CV.

All the best.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Cation25(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
60k ain't bad for a start bro. I advise u take the offer, it may be a stepping stone to a big job. gud luck!

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by kikies(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
While most pple r saying accept,I suggest u do ur homework first, after ur T-fare and all,ow much do u really take home......fine things r hard Bt u can't afford working n dem practically begging someone to loan u some Moni jst to add to ur T-fare for the month
I hope u understand wat I'm driving at?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Iolo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

Would you have something to save at the end of each month?
Would you learn on the job?

If yes. Take the job.

It's always easier to get another job once you have one already.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by EvilSeeed: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

You have no other offer so accept it.

I was thinking you had real problems not knowing you just dey wan for Dantata ontop your 19'k allawee.

Reasons to accept the job:

1. Nothing to lose.

2. Work Experience.

3. Make some money (no matter how meagre).

4. "A bird in hand.................................."

5. Nothing to lose.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Histrings08(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Pfft... Reject it bro and come back here to tell us d story that touch... At least others will learn from ur mistake..

18 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Khez: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
what telco be that? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Sunnycliff(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please my brother, you are very lucky! Don't turn it down, a bird at hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush!

Start small and aim big. all the best bro!

You need experience which is one of the best things this offer will give you. In the long run experience speaks volume more than certificates!

#dontturnthisofferdown

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by ifykem: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
Abeg take d offer bro, naija is not smiling on job seekers. Count ursef lucky. Dey wil increase ur salary later n u can stil be luking for anoda job. Congrats!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by sukkot: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
bros some people earn 10k a month

12 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by sheunsheun(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2016
Imagine u don't even have a discharge certificate yet!!!! I don't think you should think twice about this

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Obas101(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
I finished nysc dis year still looking for offers. None have come my way yet. You better grab it cos you may not get another soon. BTW i dey find job o

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Tjohnnay: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
U see Nigerians wrk even dey for u, u stil dey seek for advice, smh

If dm no gv u d job, u go dey blame Buhari

No, reject d job.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by ychris: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
niggah pls dnt stoop so low and take that job offer, try and chase ur dream ehn? u can stil get better job out there. keep searching hunmn?. but do me a favour pls. pls pm me address and name of that telecom comp. i thnk that job is meant for me cos i even dreamt that a nairalander has my job in his possesion, i neuer knw it was you.pls do pm me. thanks in anticipating

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by egbaguy2: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
u better don't be stupid......accept the job,garner experience and get a bigger one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by pek(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Reject the offer, it is too small.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by lonelydora: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please reject it and tell them you have someone you want to refer. The pay is not okay, I must say, fornyoie status

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by lonelydora: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
Please reject it and tell them you have someone you want to refer. The pay is not okay, I must say, for your status

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

Bro, do not count your chickens before they're hatched. i advise that you take the job. Then when you see what you're aiming for, you can then resign. It doesn't cost you a thing. Besides, do you know what God's plan for your life is?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by greggng: 5:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
Accept the job atleast u need something to enrich ur cv in terms of work experience. However if u don't need it, kindly pass it to me. I will gladly welcome it

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by AntiWailer: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
Accept the job offer.

Put ur mind on what your target and worth is and don't rest until you get it.
Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

use speed carry the job...
No even think am..
Just use speed grab am first...once you don get am, you fit start to dey confuse..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by slap1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
Mtscheeew! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
onyekaegbo:

Lemme have it

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by cnwokike(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
I will answer your question with questions

1. What or how much are you aiming at?
2. Does this job has a link to getting you your dream career?
3. Will the job give you opportunity to improve yourself?
4. Can you save up something from the proceeds?
5. Do you think that taking up this job will help improve your capacity in certain skills required for building a successful career?
6. Have you prayed about it?

onyekaegbo:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept or reject this Job offer With A Telecom? by donhils: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Don't worry until U've waited for like 6 months without any job, then you should come back and ask this same question.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Got Sacked After Asking For My Four Month Salary. / Multiple Job Openings At HARPS / Npower C1 Starts, Minister Gives Engagement Letters To Npower Volunteers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.