Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,362 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets (1255 Views)

Nigeria, UK Sign Agreement On Stolen Assets / Biya Sends Delegates To Nigeria To Learn How To Trace Stolen Money / 8,300 Petition UK To Return Nigeria’s Stolen Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by GOATandYAMtheory: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
…Boosts military assistance

The United States will offer to help Nigeria’s government to track down billions of dollars in stolen assets and increase military assistance to fight insurgents, U.S. officials said, as Washington seeks to “reset” ties with Africa’s biggest economy.

Next week’s visit to Washington by President Muhammadu Buhari is viewed by the U.S. administration as a chance to set the seal on improving ties since he won a March election hailed as Nigeria’s first democratic power transition in decades, Reuters reports.

U.S. cooperation with Buhari’s predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan, had virtually ground to a halt over issues including his refusal to investigate corruption and human rights abuses by the Nigerian military.

“President (Barack Obama) has long seen Nigeria as arguably the most important strategic country in sub-Saharan Africa,” U.S Deputy Secretary of State, Tony Blinken, told Reuters.

“The question is would there be an opportunity to deepen our engagement and that opportunity is now.”

The improving ties with Nigeria, Africa’s biggest oil producer, come as U.S relations have cooled with two other traditional Africa powers – Egypt and South Africa.

U.S officials have said they are willing to send military trainers to help Nigeria counter a six-year-old northern insurgency by the Boko Haram sect.
Since Buhari’s election, Washington has committed $5 million in new support for a multi-national task force set up to fight the group.

This is in addition to at least $34 million it is providing to Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger for equipment and logistics.

http://thenationonlineng.net/u-s-to-trace-nigerian-stolen-assets/
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Ivanspring(f): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
America again...
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by illmatic101(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hopefully they'll start with Tinibu and co
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by midolian(m): 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
Something good will come out of Buhari's visit. I am optimistic

2 Likes

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by ETERRORS(f): 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
From G7 wishlist to America assets recovery, when did Nigeria sell her soverignty to western powers?
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Clerverly: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
illmatic101:
[s]Hopefully they'll start with Tinibu and co[/s]

Don't bother about who they will start with? It Is their headache! What should matter is repatriating the illegal and stolen wealth stashed in their own domain.

1 Like

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by ETERRORS(f): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2015
midolian:
Something good will come out of Buhari's visit. I am optimistic
where are G7 dividends? Where is the MNJTF that he spent two weeks in Chad and Niger discussing? There is a vacumn in govt
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Firefire(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
Interesting...

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by midolian(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
ETERRORS:
where are G7 dividends? Where is the MNJTF that he spent two weeks in Chad and Niger discussing? There is a vacumn in govt
E-terrorist, u again? shocked

Abeg cool down for bros J. Sofily sofily catchee monkey. You don't xpect to reap the dividends immediately

2 Likes

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
nairaland:

lwtmb airforce.1 has been dissed by a crazy rapper in this new beef track... rush now, download and listen.

here

www.datafilehost.com/d/eaca0976
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by rabex(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
please let dem do it..no matter who dem catch even if na my fada..
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by omanzo02: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Buhari administration is now America must know grin grin grin
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by omenka(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
ETERRORS:
Nah, I think I know where that vacuum is. Does your voice echo whenever you talk?? cheesy

Na joke oo.

@ post: I see the usual pathogens flooding this thread and Wailing for the love of Christ. So depressing seeing how miserable life has become for these guys. cry

Why can't they simply put an end to the misery by doing themselves in? I think its a viable option considering how much longer they would remain in their present condition. smiley
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Firefire(m): 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
illmatic101:
Hopefully they'll start with Tinibu and co

I am sure it will be in a chronological order, beginning from 1999

1999 - 2007 - Ahmed Tinubu (Looted LAG Treasury)

1999 - 2007 - OBJ (Grand Patron of corruption)

1999 - 2007 - Atiku Abubakar (Asst. Grand Patron of corruption)

1999 - 2015 - Rotimi Amaechi (Stealing Rivers money since the beginning of democracy)

2010 - 2015 - GEJ (Please share your findings...)

The US ruling Nigeria by proxy may decide to go back to history... 1960 to date (OBJ, GMB, Abdulsalam, etc)

We are waiting...
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Firefire(m): 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
rabex:
please let dem do it..no matter who dem catch even if na my fada..

shocked shocked shocked

How manage? Is dad that corrupt ? shocked
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by poiZon: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
midolian:

Abeg cool down for bros J. Sofily sofily catchee monkey. You don't xpect to reap the dividends immediately

No be dividends we need n d commonest thing apc preaced, CHANGE.
Sorry I don see am...... 1dolls =245naira.
Atleast 20persons killed per day by awa brodahs from another mothers.
More northern appointments than other regions, otherwise called northernocracy.
I see no changes, all I see is tribalist faces.
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by ETERRORS(f): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
midolian:

its not forthcoming, Nigeria is in shambles security wise and he is busy fighting enemies and globetrotting

1 Like

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by midolian(m): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
ETERRORS:
its not forthcoming, Nigeria is in shambles security wise and he is busy fighting enemies and globetrotting
yea! Enemies of the country. We are getting closer. We ll soon get there

1 Like

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
"If we don't kill corruption, corruption will kill us."
-Buhari.

1 Like

Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by illmatic101(m): 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
2010 - 2015 - GEJ (Please share your findings...)
[/quote]

The funny thing is no one can actually point out what GEJ has stolen, what we hear are just propaganda
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Realdeals(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
US, the world police
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by rabex(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Firefire:

shocked shocked shocked
How manage? Is dad that corrupt ? shocked
no...just to show d extent of my anger towards thos people
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by Firefire(m): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2015
rabex:

no...just to show d extent of my anger towards thos people

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ITS OFFICIAL: U.S To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2015
ETERRORS:
From G7 wishlist to America assets recovery, when did Nigeria sell her soverignty to western powers?

So you think, trying to recover looted assets stashed away in foreign accounts by crooks who have impoverished our country, with the help of friendly nations, amounts to selling our sovereignty?

Wow! clap for yourself - another obviously pained wailing Wailer.

(1) (Reply)

Sen Bukola Saraki And The Missing $20billion NNPC ISSUE / How Governors Turn Govt Houses To Sex Havens / My Visit To The North East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.