Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President (1082 Views)

Militants Vow To Kill Moslems & Burn Mosques If Boko Haram Kills Christians / Boko Haram Captures Military Items From Soldiers In Borno - Terror Monitor (Pics / Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau—cocin President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nigerian Church endangered if Boko Haram captures Plateau-COCIN president - Vanguard News

PRESIDENT of Church of Christ in Nigeria, COCIN, Rev. Dachollom Datiri has warned that the Nigerian Church will be at risk the moment the Islamic fundamentalist group, Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’Awati Wal-Jihad (Western education is forbidden), better known as Boko Haram establishes a caliphate in the Middle Belt state of Plateau.
The COCIN president, in an interview with Martyrs CRY, a newsletter of the Voice of the Christian Martyrs stressed the need for Nigerian Christians to unite and intensify prayers as well as give generously to reinforce the Christians in the Middle Belt, arguing that Christianity in that region may soon collapse under Islamic pressure on the Middle Belt.
Rev. Datiri maintained that the impact of Islamic fundamentalists on the church in the region is unquantifiable, stressing that the destruction is unbelievable.
“In Bauchi State, the Tafawa Balewa Area has been under constant attacks. Even after the elections, the congregations there were attacked. It is only the grace of God that is sustaining the brethren there. Coming to Plateau State, communities outside Jos are being attacked almost on a daily basis.
“I cannot tell you how many Regional Church Councils have been decimated in these attacks. All these are communities not far from Jos. The Muslims kill Christians and destroy their properties. The media report is usually that these communities have been attacked by unknown gunmen or by Fulani herdsmen. The underlying motive is to destroy the Church.

File photo: St. Theresa Catholic Church Christmas Day bombing at Suleja.
“Even in Nasarawa State, we have lost no less than five congregations. When you ask who is responsible for the destruction, security officers will claim they are unknown gunmen or Fulani herdsmen. Yet, in most instances, they come dressed in military uniform. Where did the Muslim insurgents obtain the military uniform that they wear when going to destroy churches?” the cleric asked.
Asked about the implications of the attacks, Rev. Datiri said his church is the predominant denomination in Plateau as well as in some parts of Bauchi state, maintaining that COCIN forms probably 70% to 80% of Christians on the Plateau.
“If they succeed in destroying COCIN, they would have succeeded in eradicating a sizeable portion of the Church on the Plateau. Since their goal is to wipe out Christianity in Plateau State, in their bid to overrun Nigeria with Islam, eliminating COCIN on the Plateau is tantamount to overrunning Nigeria with Islam.
“Plateau State”, he further argued “is a big hurdle for the Islamists in their quest and overcoming COCIN on the Plateau is a sure sign that they have conquered Christianity in Nigeria.
“So, they concentrate their forces on eradicating Christianity on the Plateau. It is only by the grace of God that we are surviving. We keep asking God for strength, wisdom, and courage. But, I must tell you, it is heartbreaking. At times I receive phone calls in the middle of the night from members asking for help and in the background, I hear the sound of gunshots. It is tragic,” he narrated.
According to the church leader, the most veritable remedy to the attacks is for the Church to be united, “speak with one voice and let the world know that Boko Haram and the Fulani herdsmen are orchestrated attacks on the Church. All the Christians in Nigeria must see these attacks as intentionally designed destruction against the Body of Christ in Nigeria. The unity of the Church will go a long way in solving the problem.”
“The target of all these Islamic attacks is the Church and the goal is to destroy the Church so that Islam can take over,” Datiri said, lamenting that in the midst of the ferocious attacks, compromise is still noticed amongst ministers of the gospel, even in the affected areas.
Acknowledging that it is a serious problem in the Church, the COCIN helmsman said: “As the devil is working through Boko Haram and the other insurgents from outside to destroy the Church, we al
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/nigerian-church-endangered-if-boko-haram-captures-plateau-cocin-president/

Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Winifred468(f): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
Omooba77:
Nigerian Church endangered if Boko Haram captures Plateau-COCIN president - Vanguard News
May God save plateau state...my earnest prayer.
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by AustineE1: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
Let thy heart not be worried,the Nigeria you see today,you shall see it no more!....A sun is rising from the East and in that land shall all the christian faithfuls find succour in Nigeria...That land is called the land of THE RISING SUN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
I.S.L.A.M-A-B.A.D is a CANCER embarassed
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by ETERRORS(f): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
They will fail, Islam has no place in Plateau
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by kettykin: 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
Yakubu Gowon and TY Danjuma will pretend they don't read vanguard newspaper or get information about what is happening in the middle belt.

This is exactly the reason I don't want Nnamdi kanu trying to pull igbos into an unnecessary war, Nigeria is in big trouble security wise and economically all igbos need to do is to create the enabling infrastructure in the east move their businesses to the east and await the father of all wars which is when the middle belters wake from their hypocritical slumber which they brought on themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
kettykin:
Yakubu Gowon and TY Danjuma will pretend they don't read vanguard newspaper or get information about what is happening in the middle belt.

This is exactly the reason I don't want Nnamdi kanu trying to pull igbos into an unnecessary war, Nigeria is in big trouble security wise and economically all igbos need to do is to create the enabling infrastructure in the east move their businesses to the east and await the father of all wars which is when the middle belters wake from their hypocritical slumber which they brought on themselves.
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
Winifred468:

amen oh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by kromoto: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
Niger Delta militants had some sense...these guys are the devils.
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
kettykin:

God please help us,lots of killings everywhere
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Winifred468:

not only Plateau,but the whole of Nigeria...
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by naijaking1: 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
For being a historical willing tools in the hands of radical islamic northers, the northern christians maybe worse than Boko Haram!
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
naijaking1:
For being a historical willing tools in the hands of radical islamic northers, the northern christians maybe worse than Boko Haram!
What is the remedy?
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by naijaking1: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
Omooba77:

What is the remedy?

The northern christians like Gowon and Danjuma need to accept their mistakes, face the reality, and understand who their real enemies are.
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
naijaking1:

The northern christians like Gowon and Danjuma need to accept their mistakes, face the reality, and understand who their real enemies are.
You want to say they started boko haram,think of another thing sir
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by naijaking1: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
Omooba77:

You want to say they started boko haram,think of another thing sir

I said willing tools, sir.
Note the difference. They have been used and dumped by the islamic north from day one. Maybe, they need more bitter lesson, so that they would learn.
For being such willing tools, they are worse than BK, with regards to Nigeria's unity and peaceful co-existence.
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by Omooba77: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
naijaking1:

I said willing tools, sir.
Note the difference. They have been used and dumped by the islamic north from day one. Maybe, they need more bitter lesson, so that they would learn.
For being such willing tools, they are worse than BK, with regards to Nigeria's unity and peaceful co-existence.

I get you sir,we need to redefine our coexistence.
Re: Nigerian Church Endangered If Boko Haram Captures Plateau-COCIN President by naijaking1: 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
^^^
I'm not the only one who has seen video of Sarduana promising to use and discard fellow northerners who are minority and christians, yet the northern christians somehow still believe that Igbos (their SE fellow christians, and arch enemy of their Hausa/Fulani oppressors) are their own enemies.
From Col. Anuforo who risked his military career to disobey the the Sarduana's order to massacre 'troublesome Tivs' in the 1950s to the present time, Igbos have nothing but love for their northern cousins.
But guess who the Fulanis recruited to mount a campaign against the Igbos Yes, your guess is as good as history details.

(1) (Reply)

Lest We Forget: LOOTERS OF NIGERIA / Osinbajo Unveils Buhari’s Economic Blueprint / I Have Never Hated President Buhari - Ayodele Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.