Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? (5698 Views)

Can I Study Geography In Unilag? / Nigerians CANNOT Find Nigeria On The MAP - Poor Geography In Schools / THE ORIGIN OF VOLCANOES - FOR GEOGRAPHY STUDENTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by dada01(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
Good day NLANDERS i was recently offered admission into KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY (KSU). Although i applied for Economics due to the facts that i have good background in Economics and calculations. However, the problem is they offered me Geography and Planning. Initially, I was thinking of ditching the admission, but my mum encouraged me to continue with the admission due to the number of times i wrote jamb.
Please what are employment opportunities available to geographers as i hardly see vacancies with requirements in B.Sc in geography.

Geography graduates your opinions really needed.
God bless you all.
Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by okeymadu(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
I read Geography and Planning. I work with a Bank.

Just ensure you graduate with a good grade.

Goodluck.
Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by dada01(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
okeymadu:
I read Geography and Planning. I work with a Bank.

Just ensure you graduate with a good grade.

Goodluck.

xanks sir, really encouraging
Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by ksbusari(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Just do ur best possible to graduate wit flyin colours. U could try and change course if possible by writin JAMB again bt nothin is wrong wit geography. Just be serious.

1 Like

Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by ADEWALE7777: 12:12am On Jul 20, 2015
a lot of opportunities man...b.sc geography is just a starting point for you
...you can your masters in GIS(check fugrol limited) or environmental remote sensing...many geography graduates work in shell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by Owobobrown(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
This guy can lie, who dash you admission
Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by Eleniyan15: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
bro

#zeroDulling
the course given to you....it cool though
carry go

mind you knw be wetin you read for sch.....you fit use gain employment just be versatile.

#AlutaConTinua

you can end up becoming a lawyer sef abi nah naija we dey?
Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by clockwise(m): 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
U can become a geography teacher in secondary school.
Re: Is There Employment Opportunity For Geography In Nigeria? by Aghonghon(f): 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
clockwise:
U can become a geography teacher in secondary school.

A good idea, so that some students can be able to find Nigeria in the map of Africa , seems she's nowhere to be found

(1) (Reply)

2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar / Is This The Most Expensive Federal University In Nigeria / Aaua Admission List Is Out At Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.