Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University (3304 Views)

Photos Of The University Of Ibadan Student Who Jumped To Her Death / How Lucrative Is Geology In Nigeria? / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
It was after church today when a young girl friend of mine approached me. she only came to know if it's true that the putme forms are on sale when we skipped in to another topic. she registered micro-biology as her course of study. when i asked her why she ignored geology for MB. these was her response--

dear, i've been hearin much about geology in schools like oau, unical n even U.I..they say itz a very tough course and it takes more than hardwork to achieve a 1st class degree

i couldn't stop laughin when she said this words. we later departed. after i saw a post again on the front page i checked in and still saw the same statement my friend made about the course. all i want to know is WHAT REALLY MAKES GEOLOGY A TOUGH COURSE IN THE UNIVERSITY? IS IT THAT THEIR PHYSICS, CHEM & MATHS ARE MORE TOUGHER?

please y'all feed me
cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
For oau the fear for geology na like the fear of bokoharam and Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
For oau the fear for geology na like the fear of bokoharam and Nigeria
please can u help explain what makes it a very tough course there, thanks
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:00pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigneorapz:
please can u help explain what makes it a very tough course there, thanks
sincerely the truth is that those lecturers are very wicked. U cant answer questions to their satisfaction. They are very wicked that when u write exams what u pray for is 40. But geology is very interesting, the process we go through in Nigerian university is the problem

1 Like

Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
sincerely the truth is that those lecturers are very wicked. U cant answer questions to their satisfaction. They are very wicked that when u write exams what u pray for is 40. But geology is very interesting, the process we go through in Nigerian university is the problem
I clearly see it now..so the lecturers in diz very course are sadistics..hmm, but how come others make it through?
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigneorapz:
I clearly see it now..so the lecturers in diz very course are sadistics..hmm, but how come others make it through?
those that made it through mostly spend more than 4 years stipulated time. Even the last 1st class the department had used 7 years. To show u how though the course is, it was only a student that graduated last year.
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigneorapz:
those that made it through mostly spend more than 4 years stipulated time. Even the last 1st class the department had used 7 years. To show u how though the course is, it was only a student that graduated last year. But the good things about geology are: more scholarship opportunity if u are gud, gud job with gud pay (especially in oil company with at least 800k per month )
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
those that made it through mostly spend more than 4 years stipulated time. Even the last 1st class the department had used 7 years. To show u how though the course is, it was only a student that graduated last year. But the good things about geology are: more scholarship opportunity if u are gud, gud job with gud pay (especially in oil company with at least 800k per month )
This very serious shocked does it involve much calculations? and what is the specific course that gives students much headache?
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigneorapz:
This very serious shocked does it involve much calculations? and what is the specific course that gives students much headache?
sincerely the difficult course is chemistry. But Prof. Rahman's courses are the toughest because when he is talking, he talks in geological terms which most student dont understand. After that he will give out and handout titled ' how to answer question' which u must read before writing exam. By the way did u pick geology in your utme.
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
sincerely the difficult course is chemistry. But Prof. Rahman's courses are the toughest because when he is talking, he talks in geological terms which most student dont understand. After that he will give out and handout titled ' how to answer question' which u must read before writing exam. By the way did u pick geology in your utme.
nah, am a student already. just widenin my knowledge grin but hope yo doin gud in the course?
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigneorapz:
nah, am a student already. just widenin my knowledge grin but hope yo doin gud in the course?
we are managing oooo
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
Faremisodeeq:
we are managing oooo
lol..wish u success bruh
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigneorapz:
lol..wish u success bruh
fenks
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by ADEWALE7777: 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
prof Abdul rahman..I fear that baba ehn. .a replica of prof adedeji in my dept
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
ADEWALE7777:
prof Abdul rahman..I fear that baba ehn. .a replica of prof adedeji in my dept
What are the difficulties you face in ur course that makes it tough for you?
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Cc: henshaweezy , blackborn7
Please also look to the matter above this comment..cos i plan on studyin dis course in unical...thanks
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Godzlove8(m): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2015
Someone said geology is more tougher than physics. My question is WHY? Is it base on calculations or quotin? Pls someone should ans
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by ebisim(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Godzlove8:
Someone said geology is more tougher than physics. My question is WHY? Is base on calculations or quotin? Pls someone should ans

Geology is the combination of Chemistry, physics and mathematics. To be good in geology you need a very good background in the above mentioned subjects. If you are really interested in the course you can send a PM and I will enlighten u more about the course.. It's a very interesting course that u will love because it's a natural science.
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Godzlove8(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
ebisim:

Geology is the combination of Chemistry, physics and mathematics. To be good in geology you need a very good background in the above mentioned subjects. If you are really interested in the course you can send a PM and I will enlighten u more about the course.. It's a very interesting course that u will love because it's a natural science.
boss pls msg me on facebook @ Lectrik ca'boom
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by slimmjohn(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
plsss am interested in geology,my facebook ID is AJEIGBE JOHNSON,my whastapp contact is 08188974303
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
My own question is, does it involve much calculations?
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Mediapace: 12:17am On Jun 05, 2016
Bro is that geology really tough,can someone that doesn't have strong background in physics study it?

Does it associate with geography? And if so like how many percent?
One of my broz picked it
Faremisodeeq:
we are managing oooo
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Faremisodeeq(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2016
Mediapace:
Bro is that geology really tough,can someone that doesn't have strong background in physics study it?

Does it associate with geography? And if so like how many percent?
One of my broz picked it
geology is not that though. The problem geology has is that it is a complex course that entails physics, math, chemistry, biology, and a little of geography. On your question about the physics background, it depends on your school of study. In OAU where I am, I didnt do physics in my part one because I choosed scheme B I.e the biological aspect of geoloy. What one need most is interest and seriousness thats all.
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by barackodam: 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
I don't know if geology is truly hard or not, I'm not studying it. But in my school, lol, their results is always poor. One of the feared departments in the school
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Godzlove8(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
barackodam:
I don't know if geology is truly hard or not, I'm not studying it. But in my school, lol, their results is always poor. One of the feared departments in the school
which school?
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Pr0ton: 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
fvck.. Geology is interesting.. it's the rocks' names that screw things up
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by barackodam: 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
Godzlove8:
which school?

ABU Zaria
Re: The Fear Of Studyin Geology In The University by Godzlove8(m): 9:10am On Jun 06, 2016
barackodam:

ABU Zaria
lol ..okay cheesy

(1) (Reply)

School Of Orthopaedic Cast Kano Admission Screening Has Commenced / WAEC Announces New Examination Date / Summer Camp Options Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.