Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Why Islam Prohibits Gambling - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Islam Prohibits Gambling (12063 Views)

8 Good Reasons Why Islam Encourages Polygamy / Forms Of Gambling In Our Society Today / Why Islam Will No More Grow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by Salex007(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2015
Thank
Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by Emdee590(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2015
Hammefeez:
I want to believe both Islam and Christianity frawn at gambling but, those pastors will not mention it frequently as they will do to tith.
Exactly ! They only exhaust their strength on "be successful and bring tithe to the church ".
Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by kb77: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2015
Am in to gambling but from now on I will stop dix bad behaviour of mine which is gambling I pray to ALLAH to continue to lead me with is blessing ameen thanks my muslim brothers and sister you guys are talking to me directly I appreciate ur advice at last I put an end to gambling Jazakalau khaira

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by flexshop(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2015
But sports betting can be predicted. What can be predicted is different from just rolling dice or playing cards. Please I emote the OP to really define gambling. If man UTd and watford play, its easy to tell man u will win. Isn't that different from gambling?
Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by Lukay99: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
flexshop:
But sports betting can be predicted. What can be predicted is different from just rolling dice or playing cards. Please I emote the OP to really define gambling. If man UTd and watford play, its easy to tell man u will win. Isn't that different from gambling?
Are you 100% sure Man Utd will always win watford if they both play a game if am not mistaken I just last season a second division team beat Man Utd you probably would have predicted that wrong as long as you are not 100% sure it will always be like rolling the dice or playing cards
Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by flexshop(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lukay99:

Are you 100% sure Man Utd will always win watford if they both play a game if am not mistaken I just last season a second division team beat Man Utd you probably would have predicted that wrong as long as you are not 100% sure it will always be like rolling the dice or playing cards

Even business is not 100%. What I'm saying is that with proper research, you can accurately say who will win. Let's not call apples oranges. Sports betting is not gambling. You have to work for it. So its not haram.

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by flexshop(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lukay99:

Please answer me, is the stock market and forex market gambling? Let's be careful not to interpret the scripture wrongly and assign haram to what is not.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Prohibits Gambling by resultcase(m): 1:45am On Jul 25, 2015
kb77:
Am in to gambling but from now on I will stop dix bad behaviour of mine which is gambling I pray to ALLAH to continue to lead me with is blessing ameen thanks my muslim brothers and sister you guys are talking to me directly I appreciate ur advice at last I put an end to gambling Jazakalau khaira

Allahu Akbar. May Almighty Allah make it easy for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? / 2017 Scholarship Opportunities At The Medina Institute, South Africa / Why Are Yoruba Moslems Considered Inferior To Hausa Moslems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.