Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all (33859 Views)

Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / 10 Pictures You Will Understand If You Dodged Going To Church As A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by DTOBS(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

my own Assemblies of God, where i grew up and heard the undiluted word of God..

may God help my church

it is my own AG too,wia I grew up! wia is ur own district and which faction do you belong to?lolllll mine is Osun district and we belong to chidi okoroafor's side....

so painful ooooo
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by adegwurulez(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2015
lonelydora:

Permission to use as signy
granted grin

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by beaversticks(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2015
inside church....chisos
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by ksuccess(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2015
The church of God really needs prayers. It is high time we realise that we ought to be serving God and not man. If a pastor could lure or ask you to fight for him in a physical battle then you should know that that pastor has deviated from the ways of God and reject such enticement immediately.

May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by etoroh: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
Am tired of this incessant fightings. Thought this issue was resolved and Dr Chidi okoroafor was made d GS. What's this again?

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by K9Uneet(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2015
RichDad1:

I hope someone from Radio Biafra get to broadcast this to their people. smiley
A mosque in Paiko, Niger state was equally shut down almost a month ago over a similar issue as to who should be the Imam.

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by juman(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2015
On the larger scale the nigeria justice system is not working well and not trusted by people.

This is something that the court should be able to resolve for them. But the systems are not working as expected.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by bigass123(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2015
grin
SHAMHOOD:
Abeg who I wake up see today?.

FTC for the 2nd time today
Dedicate this to all APC members on nairaland
Make we show SATANIST say we plenty plass dem
SHAMHOOD:
Abeg who I wake up see today?.

FTC for the 2nd time today
Dedicate this to all APC members on nairaland
Make we show SATANIST say we plenty plass dem
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by ksuccess(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2015
RobinHez:

Acts 1:24
Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen.

Read further- vs 26 says- And they gave forth their lots and the lot fell on Matthias ....

This has been the pattern of AG for years and there have not been any problem until recently when pastors forgot about the fear of God and started lusting after material things. What the church needs now is prayer

2 Likes

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by kari4chat: 10:52am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa O

See what 'offering money' is causing.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by azezola(m): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2015
It's all about the Benjamin.... the religion is not a real religion is a business deal.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by chrisgush: 10:53am On Jul 20, 2015
Nawa o. Na police com dey settle quarrel between 2pastors.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by ifaldezzy: 10:54am On Jul 20, 2015
Yes, that is fighting in the name
of Jesus. If not why not.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by suco50(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2015
I quite know things will certainly degenerate to this level and even get worse in AG as caution had been thrown to the air in the church for so long. This is a church where they deceive themselves that their leaders are chosen as led by the Spirit, whereas they involve themselves in a lot of politics through conspiracy and plots to "elect" their so called spirit-led-leaders! As long as AG continue to mimic what INEC does for Naija in conducting elections every 4 years to elect new church leaders (either District or General Superintendents), omo forget, them go still fight pass blow for that Church, na mek we pray mek things no degenerate to killings for them. I left AG since 2002 for Living Faith Church (Winners chapel), however right now I attend MFM regularly and am spiritually satisfied. grin
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by morbeta(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2015
The heavy financial gain in churches these days is the course of show of shame withnessed in churches today. The devilhas completely taken over. Every other day, you must read here and there alot of negative reports and atrosicities being committed in churches. But only knows his own people and his the sole right to judge.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by skyface00(m): 11:44am On Jul 20, 2015
Money Money so sad people are too blind 2 see all dis so called man of God who they really are.. that's what u get when u put money 1st before God.

Turned churches 2 business centre
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2015
Hmmm. menn,..na my church be dis o, a church were i was born, dedicated and grew up til dis moment. well,..if they like let them bomb themselves to death, i do not care and they cant mk me change my ming abt assemblies bcus i do not care abt any fucking pastor neither are they the ones am serving.
MAKE UNA KILL UNA SELF IF UNA LIKE, FOR I CARE NOT.

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2015
DTOBS:

it is my own AG too,wia I grew up! wia is ur own district and which faction do you belong to?lolllll mine is Osun district and we belong to chidi okoroafor's side....

so painful ooooo
Hahahahahaha. okoroafor guy how far na? my guy u funny o. my guy abeg stop having sympathy for pastors, they are just not worth it. serve God and nt pastors. me, i was born in assemblies, dedicated in assemblies, grew up in assemblies, and till dis moment assemblies still remain my one and only church. i do nt care abt any of emeka or okoroafor, if dey like let them kill themselves. its God am serving and not them or any other pastors.

3 Likes

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Phonon: 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
I guess the battle is now between flesh and blood and not principalities and powers. grin
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Japhteez(m): 12:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ebubest:
abeg which side my offerings and tithes dey go?

It all depend on your district.

proudly AG
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
Church bisness... both pastors sEnsless... supporters jobless
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by fairprince(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
mystage:

Hahahahahaha. okoroafor guy how far na? my guy u funny o. my guy abeg stop having sympathy for pastors, they are just not worth it. serve God and nt pastors. me, i was born in assemblies, dedicated in assemblies, grew up in assemblies, and till dis moment assemblies still remain my one and only church. i do nt care abt any of emeka or okoroafor, if dey like let them kill themselves. its God am serving and not them or any other pastors.
. I am an active AG member. My whole family too. Born, dedicated and brought up. I do not subscribe to all of these happenings. We shall continue to pray for the church and focus on missions and outreaches. I thank God for the Holy Spirit leadership in my life who teaches me the truth with all the resources around me. I am not deceived by any Pastor. I will still give my offerings and tithe the way I am convinced the Bible taught about it. Woe betide anyone who will missapropriate God's funds and also let ''these little ones sin''....millstone around their neck. AG FOR LIFE. I stop at where the Bible stops and would never allow anyone deceive me with vain philosophies.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
fairprince:
. I am an active AG member. My whole family too. Born, dedicated and brought up. I do not subscribe to all of these happenings. We shall continue to pray for the church and focus on missions and outreaches. I thank God for the Holy Spirit leadership in my life who teaches me the truth with all the resources around me. I am not deceived by any Pastor. I will still give my offerings and tithe the way I am convinced the Bible taught about it. Woe betide anyone who will missapropriate God's funds and also let ''these little ones sin''....millstone around their neck. AG FOR LIFE. I stop at where the Bible stops and would never allow anyone deceive me with vain philosophies.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by anyaekekehinde(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
DTOBS:

so painful ooooo

ondo District, bros me i no belong to any faction ooo, though i know the former GS which is paul emeka has bleeped up big time

1 Like

Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by obidaddy: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
A of G! Always in the news for the wrong reasons lately. It is either leadership physical battles in church premises or one of they pastor poisoning another co pastor and his household which wipes out an entire family.
The day we lay more emphasis on Christ instead of smooth talking pastors and daddies, the better for our pilgrimage and journey to Heaven
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by jogojogo: 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
obidaddy:
A of G! Always in the news for the wrong reasons lately. It is either leadership physical battles in church premises or one of they pastor poisoning another co pastor and his household which wipes out an entire family.
The day we lay more emphasis on Christ instead of smooth talking pastors and daddies, the better for our pilgrimage and journey to Heaven

That is what you get in a Church where the leaders are people clamoring to live peacefully together in a land full of love, peace, joy and oneness. A land void of hate and oppression. A land better than the ZOO in which they are PIGS. Bunch of insincere humans who have no respect nor regard for the God they claim to worship.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
That was same case with Ananias and Caiphas fighting over the sharing of temple tax and tithes, they are their offspring, lovers of titles and high sounding position.
Pseudo Christianity, mother of spiritual harlots.
Thy judgment has been concluded by the Almighty God, Jehovah of armies
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by DTOBS(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
mystage:

yea,u re right...
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Lawsimon(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
By their fruit, you shall know them. No BORN AGAIN person filled with the spirit of Christ can partake in the show of shame, from the pastors to the members and even the two senior pastors fighting in the Supreme Court. When the spirit of Christ is in me, you and every one, we will choose who will lead us without any problem because we are all working for Christ and not ourselves.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by donodion(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Willdidi:
This is what happens when churches and other religious houses have turned to a profit making organisation, if the said church was located in the north east of the country will there be a fight over who should be in charge that is if there is even any so call flock to welcome or attend church. There are not fighting because there want to serve the Lord is because of the money that particular branch of church] sad

Very correct.This is what Pentecostal churches have turned into.I'm gradually finding my way back to Baptist Church.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by Lawsimon(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
juman:
On the larger scale the nigeria justice system is not working well and not trusted by people.

This is something that the court should be able to resolve for them. But the systems are not working as expected.
WHAT TYPE OF JUDGMENT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A WORLDLY SYSTEM? THE GLORY OF GOD HAD LEFT THEM LONG AGO. They are now living on past glory. Where there is a spirit of God, there is fear of God.
Re: Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all by juman(m): 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
Lawsimon:
WHAT TYPE OF JUDGMENT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A WORLDLY SYSTEM? THE GLORY OF GOD HAD LEFT THEM LONG AGO. They are now living on past glory. Where there is a spirit of God, there is fear of God.

I agree with you religious leaders suppose to be good example to their followers.

But in life we cannot rule out misunderstanding. That is why we have court to settle our misunderstandings if we cannot settle them by ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imoudu Sule, Apostle Suleman's Father Warns Him Over PMB, APC Criticisms / Bishop Sam Zuga Unveils World Wonders Water In Gboko, Benue (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi's Son's Apology To Deeper Life (Video & Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.