Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife (13814 Views)

Locally Made Guns Recovered From Slain Armed Robbers Baffles Security Agent.PICS / Zenith Bank Robbery: Wife Of Slain Policeman Receives Donation From Abroad. Pics / Zenith Bank Compensates Families Of Slain Police Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by dre11(m): 8:05am On Jul 20, 2015
Following a report title PHOTO: APC Chieftain Shot Dead In Lagos........

https://www.nairaland.com/2458112/photo-apc-chieftain-shot-dead
The widow of the slain APC chieftain have released a press report and appeal to the government to find the killers of her husband......

The wife of the Assistant Treasurer of the All Progressives Congress in the Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos State, Mrs. Eri Daramola, says those who killed her husband, are within his political circle.

She urged the police and the state government to ensure that the killers were fished out and punished.

Some gunmen on a motorcycle had on Thursday shot the APC chief, Omoshalewa Daramola, on K Close, 3rd Avenue, FESTAC Town, at about 1pm, where he and some party members had gathered to share gifts for the Sallah celebration.

The assailants, who shot the deceased in the chest and back, reportedly escaped.

Omoshalewa, who was rushed to a nearby hospital, reportedly died on the way.

Our correspondent gathered that the matter, which was reported to the FESTAC Police Division, had been transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation for further investigation.

When PUNCH Metro visited the Daramolas on Saturday, the wife, Eri, said the manner of her husband’s death showed that there was an insider’s connivance in the act.

She added that she was informed of his death while attending their son’s convocation in Osun State.

She said, “I had travelled to Abuja to sort out some issues on Wednesday. On Thursday morning, I called him that I was going to Osun State because our first son was graduating on the same day. He said it was fine.

“After the convocation, I was on my way to Lagos when someone called me and said, ‘Mrs. Daramola, where are you? Your husband is dead.’ I said how? This is a wrong number. I am not the only Mrs. Daramola in FESTAC. Then, I cut her off.

“Later, she called again, and said they were taking him to a mortuary, and that I should send my husband’s parents’ phone numbers. I told her it could not be my husband. It was when I got home that my children said, ‘Mummy, they have killed daddy.’

“That was the beginning of my sorrow. I learnt that he did not get help on time. Daramola was a very strong man. I suspect that the players in this matter are within his circle. Even among the APC executive members, there is division. They said he was a loyalist of a former LGA chairman. They warned him not to follow the former chairman.”

Eri, who had been married to the late APC executive for about 20 years, urged the police to bring the faces of the killers to the open.

She said, “I want to see those who killed my husband. These things have been happening in Nigeria, and nothing gets done. But, I want the police to do everything necessary to fish out my husband’s killers. My children are very young. Where do I start from? Who will take care of the children?”

PUNCH Metro observed the crowd of sympathisers who thronged the APC executive’s residence and expressed their grief. Our correspondent learnt that the deceased’s corpse had not been released by the police to the family for burial.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said the police had arrested two principal suspects in the incident, adding that further investigations were ongoing.

He said, “Two persons have been arrested. The case is now with the SDCI.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/my-husbands-killers-are-within-%e2%94%80-slain-apc-chiefs-wife/

Picture of the widow and her slain husband
cc lalasticlala

Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by 175(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2015
Very true. . .woman God alone go console you! GEJ time, political killing no been dey oooo. . .pls Baba do something!

Where's Introvert and Freemanan. . .I dey ontop una land ooo. . .I just buy am from Omonile!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by kingarizona1(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2015
Sure
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by boboLIL(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2015
U r right..... Politics is a dirty game..... U GATS take heart
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Young03(m): 8:26am On Jul 20, 2015
madam,politics is war with blood sheld....

take heart
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by ijustdey: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2015
When PUNCH Metro visited the Daramolas on
Saturday, the wife, Eri, said the manner of her husband’s death showed that there was an insider’s connivance in the act.

cases of political assassination that might not be resolved
still waiting for when Williams, Alfred Riwani, Kudirat Abiola cases would be unravelled.........

if those high profile cases aren't resolved.... I don't see this one being resolved too
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Doskit(m): 9:35am On Jul 20, 2015
God knows best
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Donalleh(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2015
just take heart that life for u
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2015
More probes coming..... shocked shocked shocked

Buhari get plenty work to do ooo sad

He will step on many toes as well, I pray they don't assassinate him sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2015
Before nko.

One's greatest enemies are most a times within.
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by kenny091(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2015
Politicians and diapers have something in common, they should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason. RIP sir
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
Take heart woman. Till you meet him again.
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
You see!
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by meshacha1: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
Since you have known that, what have you being doing about it.
rise up and fight them nah.
do the needful
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Georgekyrian(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
R.I.P
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Badgers14: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
politics - a deadly game.

RIP to the dead.
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by tucky200(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2015
sad
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by laurel03(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2015
B4 nko na Politician dey Kill Politician.... I like politics but d game is tuff in 9ja... Even I don't trust the pastors politicians dey are all badooos
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Cyriloha(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2015
175:
Very true. . .woman God alone go console you! GEJ time, political killing no been dey oooo. . .pls Baba do something!
don't call God in this political stuff again APC NA EVIL PARTY
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Alao96(m): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2015
Na today u knw
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by WhatDoYouMean: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2015
May God continue to grant you and the family the fortitude to bear the loss, amen. As for the killer, he who lives with gun shall go with gun!
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by mysteriousman(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by kunledegreat(m): 9:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Learn to speak & write : German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, English and Nigerian languages i.e, Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo. 
+ Preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch. 
+ German re-union visa preparatory class. 
+ Apply for undergraduates / ‎masters study in Germany. 

Address:        B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa. 
Mr Kolade.   : 08035949272
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Now, look at the way the news was broken to her
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Judolisco(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2015
mention their names nah
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by RealEstate35: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 20, 2015
The Nigeria Police Force are illiterates since Bola Ige and others before him, they have never solved any Politically-motivated Murders and they never will because they are usually drawn from the class of WAEC and School leavers or Bar-men and Farmers and Cattle-rearers who know nothing about investigative methods.. Look at the leadership of our Police Force today and you will understand why crimes are increasing everyday. illiteracy and eye-service is all you need to succeed in Nigeria today

2 Likes

Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Dindondin(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2015
Nigerian govt is not talented in getting or punishing political killers.
Last Bullet
Ask Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Kudirat Abiola
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by chuose: 10:31am On Jul 20, 2015
[size=13pt]what do you expect from a party that rigged it's way to power.

they are all criminals.

APC (ASSOCAITION OF PARTY CRIMINALS)
[/size]

[size=14pt]CHANGE UNA CALL AM, NA LAFF WE DEY[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by kalufelix(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
No ..how can it be from the political circle

Na from the farmers circle

Yeye people...
Re: My Husband’s Killers Are Within The Political Circle ─ Slain APC Chief’s Wife by Islie: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
Some gunmen on a motorcycle had on Thursday shot the APC chief, Omoshalewa Daramola, on K Close, 3rd Avenue, FESTAC Town, at about 1pm, where he and some party members had gathered to share gifts for the Sallah celebration.

Sometimes you feel like supporting the government on the ban of okada(motorcycle)
Because that the major transportation means this killers use to carry this their acts

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Arrested At Islamabad Airport, Pakistan For Trafficking Cocaine / Naval Ratings Assault Abiola Oduola Over Parking Space In Lagos / Arisekola Alao's Son Kidnapped In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.