Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments (4303 Views)

Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / HIS HOLINESS Pope Francis Said God Has Instructed Him To Revise 10 Commandments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by StevinMorgan(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2015
Pope Francis kicked off the start of a three-nation trip across South America today with his first mass, with over a million Ecuadorians in attendance, in the coastal city of Guayaquil. Delivering the mass in Spanish, the Pope spoke about the importance of family in modern society, saying, “It needs to be helped and strengthened, lest we lose our proper sense of the services which society as a whole provides.”

During his sermon, Pope Francis announced to Christians around the world that God had called upon him, instructing him “to revise the most sacred of texts, the Ten Commandments.” Given to the Israelites by God himself at Mount Sinai, the Commandments include instructions for worship and list several prohibited practices.

Pope Francis said Christians around the world are “faced with ever-increasing temptations brought on by the evils of modern society.” The Pope said the updated Commandments reflect the changing times and include some minor rewording of the existing rules as well as the addition of two new Commandments.

The Fourth Commandment, which advocates that proper respect be shown towards one’s parents, has been reworded in order to include children raised by same-sex parents. Pope Francis said the Seventh Commandment, prohibiting adultery and, among other things, homosexuality, has been removed entirely, as instructed by God, in order to extend “God’s grace to all His children.”

Addressing the inclusion of the new Commandments, which bring the total number to eleven, Pope Francis praised the rapid growth of technology in the digital age but said “progress comes at a price.” The new Fifth Commandment, which replaces the prohibition of adultery, forbids all aspects of genetic engineering and bans the consumption of genetically modified foods.

Lastly, the Eleventh Commandment disallows personal idolization and the glorification of one’s self over God. Using the Kardashians, a highly publicized celebrity family, as an example, Pope Francis said, “Selfies are an abomination in the eyes of our Lord.”

A spokesman for the Vatican, Father Federico Lombardi, said the Eleven Commandments are currently being etched into marble by an Italian sculptor and, upon completion, will be unveiled to the world in Saint Peter’s Square following an internationally televised mass.

The end is near shocked

Source: realnewsrightnow.com
http://realnewsrightnow.com/2015/07/06/pope-francis-god-has-instructed-me-to-revise-the-ten-commandments
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 20, 2015
end time tins
OP ur source
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2015
People can Lie sha
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2015
GOD? Definitely NOT the one I serve

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by popobaba(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2015
is this really true?
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 20, 2015
Was there any commandment before? Just asking
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by jstriker442(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2015
A valid source or ts cock nd bull
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by rabex(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2015
ok.btw..is he the one dat said that gayism is not a sin..or na d former one..
POPE
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Oblitz(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2015
Ahh!
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by RobinHez(m): 9:07am On Jul 20, 2015
Revelations 22 vs 18-19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words
of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add
unto these things, God shall add unto him the
plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of
the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his
part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city,
and from the things which are written in this book.

#endtimethings

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by An2elect2(f): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2015
poo francis....the catholic church after hypocritically submitting to the unnatural dogma of celibacy, unknown to it, had been the purveyor of gay and lesbian immorality.

I will nor be surprised if this news is valid, it is expected of the mother cult.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by brainpower(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2015
In as much as I can't see any link to this assertion I might still be tempted to believe because this Pope's style has been unique and more radical. His behaviour suits the pattern of a 21st century Christian. But truthfully I'm not in full support of this style. For instance concerning the gay law and some other controversial issues he tried to be in-between. He is a representative of God here on earth and acclaimed leader of the Christians and everything he does should be guided by the BIBLE. Therefore, except he can show me where in the bible that God promised to send someone that will change the 10 commandments apart from Jesus, then he's wrong. The bible makes a lot of things clear especially concerning Gays and unbelievers, but so far he tends to have been making decisions based on how people that aren't Christians will perceive him. God told us in the Bible that any thing we here or see that isn't there is false and not from him.
N/b: my post isn't for atheists. Thanks.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2015
''The eleventh commandment'' please can you please add the source... they that know their GOD shall be strong and do exploits...
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by onetrack(m): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2015
Fake. Not true.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by StevinMorgan(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2015
officialarab:
end time tins
OP ur source

Realnewsrightnow.com
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by RobinHez(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2015
StevinMorgan:

Realnewsrightnow.com
Add the link to where u got it from let Lalasticlala move it to HQ
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by StevinMorgan(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by RobinHez(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 20, 2015
An2elect2:
poo francis....[size=40pt]the catholic church after hypocritically submitting to the unnatural dogma of celibacy,[/size] unknown to it, had been the purveyor of gay and lesbian immorality.

I will nor be surprised if this news is valid, it is expected of the mother cult.

1corinthians7

7. For I Wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.
Even Paul himself wasn't married. Your pastor's and religious leaders should take cue from him since Peter who's head of the Church, endorsed him.

32. But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord -- how he may please the Lord.
33. But he who is married cares about things of the world -- how he may please his wife.
34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about things of the world -- how she may please her husband.

Don't blame Catholic for homosexual priests.
Celibacy is a choice not by force.
They'd options.
Meanwhile, most adultery, raping, homosexual cases perpetrated by religious leaders in Nigeria are mostly protestants.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by BERNIMOORE: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2015
RobinHez:
Revelations 22 vs 18-19

of the prophecy of this book,[size=14pt] If any man shall add

part out of the book of life[/size], and out of the holy city,

#endtimethings
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
if dis is really true,then d end is getting near
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by An2elect2(f): 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

1corinthians7

7. For I Wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.
Even Paul himself wasn't married. Your pastor's and religious leaders should take cue from him since Peter who's head of the Church, endorsed him.

32. But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord -- how he may please the Lord.
33. But he who is married cares about things of the world -- how he may please his wife.
34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about things of the world -- how she may please her husband.

Don't blame Catholic for homosexual priests.
Celibacy is a choice not by force.
They'd options.
Meanwhile, most adultery, raping, homosexual cases perpetrated by religious leaders in Nigeria are mostly protestants.
You see my friend it is always good to be honest...but i understand how hard it is owing to your strong catholic background and how it has abated your ability to make right judgement as a normal human being. I've been in the system before and i know how suppressive it is.

I am however surprised at you catholics, how you run to the holy writ when it APPEARS to support you and repudiate it upon any gainsays when put alongside your ROMAN DOCTRINES.

You stopped at verse 34 when the crux of this celibacy ish lies in the preceding verses esp verse 36 and 37. Paul spoke of a natural self willed celibacy....not Church willed! not compulsory! not forced upon any one!

Look why Paul said it is better not to marry and good still to marry :

"And this i speak for your own profit, not that i may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that you attend upon the will of the Lord without distraction.
But if any man think that he behaves uncomely towards his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, HE SINNETH NOT: LET THEM MARRY.

Nevertheless, he that stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, AND HAS SO DECREED IN HIS HEART THAT HE WILL KEEP HIS VIRGIN DOETH WELL.

1Cor 7: 35-37

Peter, the supposed first pope got married in his time but your popes today cant marry? wow i see. Christian leaders were expected to be married (if they wish)and their homes as examples to their brethren. You don't believe me yet? look up 1 Tim 3:1-5.

The catholic celibacy is not scriptural or natural and i must say it is devilish because men and women who are "leaders" are forced to stay away from marriage not out of their wills/choices but based solely on a sacred church tradition that stands in opposition to the truth of God's Word.

Why wont the priests molest their altar boys and sleep with themselves anyhow...

Stop accusing me of things am oblivious of. I don't have a "church" a "pastor" am a Christian being guided on the path of truth. I don't see protestant churches of today as good examples or models for the true church of God.

Quit attacking me personally and face the op.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by frank317: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nice a new edition of the Bible is long over due. God is finally living up to his responsibilities

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by watson321: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
An2elect2:

You see my friend it is always good to be honest...but i understand how hard it is owing to your strong catholic background and how it has abated your ability to make right judgement as a normal human being. I've been in the system before and i know how suppressive it is.

I am however surprised at you catholics, how you run to the holy writ when it APPEARS to support you and repudiate it upon any gainsays when put alongside your ROMAN DOCTRINES.

You stopped at verse 34 when the crux of this celibacy ish lies in the preceding verses esp verse 36 and 37. Paul spoke of a natural self willed celibacy....not Church willed! not compulsory! not forced upon any one!

"And this i speak for your own profit, not that i may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that you attend upon the will of the Lord without distraction.
But if any man think that he behaves uncomely towards his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, HE SINNETH NOT: LET THEM MARRY.

Nevertheless, he that stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, AND HAS SO DECREED IN HIS HEART THAT HE WILL KEEP HIS VIRGIN DOETH WELL.

Peter, the supposed first pope got married in his time but your popes today cant marry? wow i see. Christian leaders were expected to be married (if they wish)and their homes as examples to their brethren. You don't believe me yet? look up 1 Tim 3:1-5.

The catholic celibacy is not scriptural or natural and i must say it is devilish because men and women who are "leaders" are forced to stay away from marriage not out of their wills/choices but based solely on a sacred church tradition that stands in opposition to the truth of God's Word.

Why wont the priests molest their altar boys and sleep with themselves anyhow...

Stop accusing me of things am oblivious of. I don't have a "church" a "pastor" am a Christian being guarded on the path of truth. I don't see protestant churches of today as good examples or models for the true church of God.

r u minding d confused
teenager dat is francistony?
he is just 17yrs old!
hw do yuh expect him 2 b logical? Lol
he iz a "Catholic" dat supports homosexuality undecided

wu knows whether he haz indulged in the act
himself lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by lampardizik(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
To those of you who believe the end is near,please be your brothers' and sisters' keeper and turn them to Christ,preach the gospel to them and don't be quiet anymore

Jesus is coming!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
An2elect2:

Unnecessary.

An2elect2:
I can't remember telling you any of this.
Quit diverting.

An2elect2:

Peter married when he was an unbeliever and bible never talked about his wife, afteron as he followed Jesus anywhere he went to.
Being a reverend father or sister isn't a must or forced and if one can't be a celibate, he/she should quit. Simple!
Catholic preists have their reasons for being a celibate.
A married preists or sisters might be needed in an odd hour and due to his/her wife/husband, he/she would decline and use that as an excuse.
Do God's work to the fullest.

An2elect2:
Stop repeating gibberish.
Being a reverend father isn't a must, they did it willingly without anyone forcing them.
Infact, some of them get expelled when caught in any sexual immorality.

He will face the consequences, then and stop blaming Catholic.
He singlehandedly accepted to be enrolled in the seminary.

Stop accusing me of things am oblivious of. I don't have a "church" a "pastor" am a Christian being guided on the path of truth. I don't see protestant churches of today as good examples or models for the true church of God.
Good for you!

An2elect2:

Also quit attacking Catholic because I can see you are obsessed with her.

Ciao!

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Jmechanism(m): 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

Unnecessary.

Quit diverting.

Peter married when he was an unbeliever and bible never talked about his wife, afteron as he followed Jesus anywhere he went to.
Being a reverend father or sister isn't a must or forced and if one can't be a celibate, he/she should quit. Simple!
A married preists or sisters might be needed in an odd hour and due to his/her wife/husband, he/she would decline and use that as an excuse.

Being a reverend father isn't a must, they did it willingly without anyone forcing them.

Good for you!

Ciao!
Sorry to interfere but I was force to add sumti.
Wen God created d heaven ND d earth. He saw that all things was perfectly good. But at a point God observe sumti. Genesis 2 vs 18.nd God said it is not good 4 man to be alone. I will make an help meet 4 him. Roman 3 vs 4 God forbid but. Let God be tru ND let everyone be a liar. Let put d verse like this let me ND u ND even all d pastor be a liar 4 God to be true. If d alpha ND omega says it is not gud, wu can say it is gud. Luk at dat verse with d mind eyes." D word AN HELP MEET". An stands 4 singular. I. E just 1 help meet. Meet simply mean come 2geda.that is it is impossible 4 1 to live without dat help meet. ND Dat meet is not a gay or lesbianism partners but opposite sex. I will rather believe wat God as said than millions of pastors preaching without bibles backup. 4 it is written we hav a more sure word of prophesy. 2 Peter 1 vs 19.nd it is only on dis prophesies dat ye do well if ye obey. 2 Timothy 3 vs 17 ND 18.ALL SCRIPTURE ARE GIVEN BY D INSPIRATION OF GOD, profitable unto doctrine. Dis is wer people miss. Sumti dat is unscriptural is wat they alter. Vs 18.dat man of God might be perfectly furnished towards all gud works of God.
2.ecclessiates 4 vs 10.woe to 1 dat is alone 4 no 1 can lift him up. I did not say a word of my own I said d word back up from d scripture. Most time some says honour ur parent but will not put in d Lord. Ephesians 6 vs 1. U honour in d Lord I. E in is law not outside it. It is written let d prophet speak 1 or 2 ND let d people judge. It ur own duty to search it out if scriptural or unscriptural. Sorry to say most pastor ND reverend often hav carnal knowledge of church members. It common very common. At least out of 50 ladies u knew, 1 must hav been of experience. U all hear things like. Holy sex. Let pray b4 having sex. Arab nonsense.
I never said anything out of d word. Just trying to emphasis ND my heavenly father's is not a man dat will liar. Numbers 23 vs 19.sum do say, dis tins as be in existence b4 I was born. ND.2 Corinthian 11 vs 15 ND 16.no marvel 4 EVEN Satan is transformed into angel of light how much more is prophet are transform into prophet of righteousness WIC DR DOING WE BOUNCE BACK ON THEM. It in d Bible no wonder my heaven father glorify his words more Dan himself. Psalm 138 vs 2.i love u brethren dat is y I try to speak d truth in love.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Jmechanism(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

Unnecessary.

Quit diverting.

Good for you!

Ciao!
Sorry to interfere but I was force to add sumti.
Wen God created d heaven ND d earth. He saw that all things was perfectly good. But at a point God observe sumti. Genesis 2 vs 18.nd God said it is not good 4 man to be alone. I will make an help meet 4 him. Roman 3 vs 4 God forbid but. Let God be tru ND let everyone be a liar. Let put d verse like this let me ND u ND even all d pastor be a liar 4 God to be true. If d alpha ND omega says it is not gud, wu can say it is gud. Luk at dat verse with d mind eyes." D word AN HELP MEET". An stands 4 singular. I. E just 1 help meet. Meet simply mean come 2geda.that is it is impossible 4 1 to live without dat help meet. ND Dat meet is not a gay or lesbianism partners but opposite sex. I will rather believe wat God as said than millions of pastors preaching without bibles backup. 4 it is written we hav a more sure word of prophesy. 2 Peter 1 vs 19.nd it is only on dis prophesies dat ye do well if ye obey. 2 Timothy 3 vs 17 ND 18.ALL SCRIPTURE ARE GIVEN BY D INSPIRATION OF GOD, profitable unto doctrine. Dis is wer people miss. Sumti dat is unscriptural is wat they alter. Vs 18.dat man of God might be perfectly furnished towards all gud works of God.
2.ecclessiates 4 vs 10.woe to 1 dat is alone 4 no 1 can lift him up. I did not say a word of my own I said d word back up from d scripture. Most time some says honour ur parent but will not put in d Lord. Ephesians 6 vs 1. U honour in d Lord I. E in is law not outside it. It is written let d prophet speak 1 or 2 ND let d people judge. It ur own duty to search it out if scriptural or unscriptural. Sorry to say most pastor ND reverend often hav carnal knowledge of church members. It common very common. At least out of 50 ladies u knew, 1 must hav been of experience. U all hear things like. Holy sex. Let pray b4 having sex. Arab nonsense.
I never said anything out of d word. Just trying to emphasis ND my heavenly father's is not a man dat will liar. Numbers 23 vs 19.sum do say, dis tins as be in existence b4 I was born. ND.2 Corinthian 11 vs 15 ND 16.no marvel 4 EVEN Satan is transformed into angel of light how much more is prophet are transform into prophet of righteousness WIC DR DOING WE BOUNCE BACK ON THEM. It in d Bible no wonder my heaven father glorify his words more Dan himself. Psalm 138 vs 2.i love u brethren dat is y I try to speak d truth in love. 4 ye shall no d truth ND only d truth sha set u free. John 8 vs 32.God can't even help u if u no not d truth.. He can't bcus he changed not malachi 3 vs 6. He said ONLY d truth.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by wordcat(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
krattoss:
Was there any commandment before? Just asking

Yes, the one given to the Israelites when god was only for the Israelites grin
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by skreal: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
The only advise I have for all of us is to repent fully and hold tight, the garment of righteousness cos, Jesus is coming soon.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by Barnabaseloka(m): 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
If this is true, then, only christians who are spiritually blind will follow this strange teaching. The word of God remains unchanged, infallible and abides forever. Jesus clearly said in Mark 13:3 ...take heed that NO ONE deceives you.
Re: Pope Francis: God Has Instructed Me To Revise The Ten Commandments by jstriker442(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
RobinHez:
Revelations 22 vs 18-19

of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add

part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city,

#endtimethings
the book or revelation does not contain the ten commandments

(1) (2) (Reply)

(PHOTO) BREAKING NEWS: Real Life Fallen Angel Has Fallen From The Sky / Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. / Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.