Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts (2055 Views)

Improve Power Supply, Not Tariffs, Labour Union Tells Buhari / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 11:04am On Jul 20, 2015
Sequel to the many years of bad governance since the attainment of our Political Independence in 1960, and the recent emergence of a President whom seem to have given hope (like countless many previous regimes) to Nigerians, I personally vowed to be closely, but objectively monitoring the activities of the current administration. This is with a view to determining the extent at which the much promised change, would be realized, or otherwise abandoned for the umpteenth time.

In as much as I would want to admit that indeed, there has been a significant improvement in power supply in recent times, attributing this to the Buhari's administration would be fraught with sheer ignorance.

Firstly, at what point did the power supply improve? Apparently we started noticing some improvements towards the end of May and the start of June.

Suffice it to point out here that within this same period, the President who was without any cabinet or other key political appointees, was touring the neighboring sub-sahara African countries, in the search of a more collaborative effort towards tackling insurgency that has continued to plague Nigeria in particular, and the region in general.

Within the same period under review, the APC led government was perceived to be seemingly more engrossed in how to share the "spoils of war", than actual governance; the crisis that rocked (and still rocking) the 8th Assembly after the proclamation issued by PMB on the 3rd of June.

If the foregoing can be adjudged to be factually correct, then I expect every reasonable nairalander to attempt an answer to the following vexing questions?

1. Isn't it a case of mere coincidence that the little efforts of the immediate past administration on improving power generation and the supply of same, started yielding desired dividends towards the end of May?

2. If no, what practical steps have the PMB's administration taken thus far, in improving the power supply in the country since the assumption of office on the 29th of May?

NB: As always, I will advice all political e-thugs on Nairaland, whether PDP, APC, or KOWA, to please take a very calm perusal at my previous posts, before ignorantly dragging me into the shark infested partisan politics, as a result of the afore post.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by dayojags10(m): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2015
front page
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 20, 2015
Until the present APC government build its promised nuclear power plant, let no one claim the present stable electricity we are experiencing in most part of the country today is the handiwork of the present APC government. What Goodluck Jonathan did is what we are enjoying today!!!Abegi make una let me hear word jare.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by PassingShot(m): 11:13am On Jul 20, 2015
OP, I would have towed the same line as you if the following conditions had not occurred:

1. FG approving N6.9bn loan in June to gas suppliers for powering transmission plants. Though similar efforts were made in the past without any corresponding outcome.

2. Buhariphobia: The fear of Buhari to call to question those perceived to be working to sabotage Nigeria. I remember watching PMB's first interview as the president elect then where he was asked what he was going to do with PHCN. He answer was clear and direct: "We will look into what the DISCOs and GENCOs have beeing doing since buying PHCN.

Except you want to tell us that posture and perception of a leader have no direct relationship with how those under him discharge their responsibilities, PMB's posture and how he's perceived has contributed to improvement in electricity supply.

Those companies won't want to risk losing their licenses just as the Permanent Secretaries don't want to lose their job too.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Yhunoos: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2015
Space booking
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by omenka(m): 11:24am On Jul 20, 2015
News flash: Power supply hits record high as Nigerians celebrate.

WailingWailers: improved power supply not Buhari's efforts.

News flash: Power supply drops to record low in Nigeria as residents groan.

WailingWailers: Buhari has finished Nigeria!!

Make una kontinu. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by PassingShot(m): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Until the present APC government build its promised nuclear power plant, let no one claim the present stable electricity we are experiencing in most part of the country today is the handiwork of the present APC government. What Goodluck Jonathan did is what we are enjoying today!!!Abegi make una let me hear word jare.
How come that what GEJ did did not yield result during his time?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:

Make una kontinu. cheesy

I normally would ignore this type of comment that lacks any form of objectivism and logic, but hey, ignoring you would amount to "man's inhumanity to man".

Just take a look at the 3rd comment after my original post, compare that with yours, hopefully you will learn how best to partake in a public discourse such as this, with out necessarilly having to expose your intellectual deficiencies cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by adebisicutie: 11:41am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:

Make una kontinu. cheesy

Very true, if power supply had dropped no one will say it's not Buhari's fault . Any thing that happens from when he was sworn in till 2019 Buhari should get both the credit and/ criticism

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:
OP, I would have towed the same line as you if the following conditions had not occurred:

1. FG approving N6.9bn loan in June to gas suppliers for powering transmission plants. Though similar efforts were made in the past without any corresponding outcome.

2. Buhariphobia: The fear of Buhari to call to question those perceived to be working to sabotage Nigeria. I remember watching PMB's first interview as the president elect then where he was asked what he was going to do with PHCN. He answer was clear and direct: "We will look into what the DISCOs and GENCOs have beeing doing since buying PHCN.

Except you want to tell us that posture and perception of a leader have no direct relationship with how those under him discharge their responsibilities, PMB's posture and how he's perceived has contributed to improvement in electricity supply.

Those companies won't want to risk losing their licenses just as the Permanent Secretaries don't want to lose their job too.

Sound observations you made there. However, I can only partially agree to your second point since you even admitted that previous administrations have done similar thing.

Having said that, you can agree with me that though "the fear of the unknown" may have positively impacted on the supply of power, that can not be the main reason behind the recent improvements.

Going by that "Buhariphobia", what do think these DISCOs and GENCOs would have done if they didn't have the capacity to generate the power in the first place?
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by PassingShot(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2015
Tomjazzy2:

Sound observations you made there. However, I can only partially agree to your second point since you even admitted that previous administrations have done similar thing.

Having said that, you can agree with me that though "the fear of the unknown" may have positively impacted on the supply of power, that can not be the main reason behind the recent improvements.

Going by that "Buhariphobia", what do think these DISCOs and GENCOs would have done if they didn't have the capacity to generate the power in the first place?
The capacity has always been there but absence of gas to power was a major issue. Now, the FG has approved a loan to achieve that. And with these companies knowing that under PMB, such loan must be utilized for what given, they cannot afford to do as they used to under GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by sammyj: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2015
But his body language commands this to happen. !!!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by chibunna90: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2015
But the falling rate of naira to the dollar is all Buhari's fault. TANOIDS should please grow up.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 20, 2015
Oya Lalasticlala and Ishilove, abi wetin una dey call dem, I wan appear FP again abeg grin
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by grafikii: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
This fucktards again, if power supply was erratic, these fools would blame Buhari for it.
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by razid: 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
"When they are afflicted with bad things, they are quick to ascribe it to you. But when good things happen to them, they say this is but from our efforts."
Since he is sworn in, we have been told that about 700 people have died so far as a result of Boko Haram bombing. We have also been informed that naira has fallen to a new low as a result of his ineptitude. Almost all negative things have been heaped upon his shoulder not minding the fact that he is less that 2 months in the seat. However, a significant improvement in NEPA as we used to know it, will be wicked to ascribe to his negligible achievement in office. We now begin to rationalize, opinionize, justify and all what is not. Haba!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
chibunna90:
But the falling rate of naira to the dollar is all Buhari's fault.
TANOIDS should please grow up.

Have you ever engaged any one who made such claim to school you on why he thought so?

Though not connected to the topic under discussion, President Buhari can not be correctly held responsible for the fall in the value of our naira. However, his seeming slow pace in initiating some palliative economic policies to cushion the effects on the average Nigerian, hasn't helped public opinion either.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:

The capacity has always been there but absence of gas to power was a major issue. Now, the FG has approved a loan to achieve that. And with these companies knowing that under PMB, such loan must be utilized for what given, they cannot afford to do as they used to under GEJ.

Why hasn't this "Buhariphobia" impacted positively on our economy?

NB: Not saying that he is to blame for our current economic woes

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:

Make una kontinu. cheesy

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by sebali: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Wen it comes 2 power in naija, d raining season means more power...... Last yr abt d same time until Nov. we also witnessed improved power supply. In Summary; its d rains and not PMB

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by jtwest(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tomjazzy2:

I normally would ignore this type of comment that lacks any form of objectivism and logic, but hey, ignoring you would amount to "man's inhumanity to man".

Just take a look at the 3rd comment after my original post, compare that with yours, hopefully you will learn how best to partake in a public discourse such as this, with out necessarilly having to expose your intellectual deficiencies cheesy
see finishing! He just jegalized him.
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by gists: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:

I have always said it that political will the missing link to constant electricity supply. How come many other private entities have sufficient gas to run their power turbines.

So you may not be far from the truth with your Buhariphobia theory.
We don't need any sensless bloody revolution that will lead to the death of millions. What we need an upright leader that will "dare" anybody to misbehave. Buhari fits that profile perfectly. Wailers can hug the nearest transformer because i hear say they are now working (my transformer don't blow so I can't confirm if dia is constant electricity)

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Jman06(m): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Even Buhari knows that.
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
gists:

I have always said it that political will the missing link to constant electricity supply. How come many other private entities have sufficient gas to run their power turbines.
I couldn't agree more with this. Though previous governments have always pointed to the huge cost of supplying gas to the various grids, they have never pointed to our economic incapacity to achieve this.
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by chudionu58(f): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=PassingShot post=36076185]OP, I would have towed the same line as you if the following conditions had not occurred:

Those companies won't want to risk losing their licenses just as the Permanent Secretaries don't want to lose their job too.[/quote) Hold it! you made these baseless assertion last week about a loan approval being the cause of the sudden improvement in power.. far from it.! I challenge you to provide a credible link to the said loan approval and tell us how its different from the 213 billion approved in September 2014; which unfortunately, you and your ilks rose in quick condemnation!!! The improvement has no bearing whatsoever to so called buhari effect as it was a result of little or no political sabotage of gas pipelines since May 29th ....
Go ahead and tell us if there is any difference between the loans.
http://thecitizenng.com/headline-2/fg-approves-n213b-power-sector-intervention-fund/

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/five-power-firms-get-n18-26bn-loan/

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hold it! you made these baseless assertion last week about a loan approval being the cause of the sudden improvement in power.. far from it.! I challenge you to provide a credible link to the said loan approval and tell us how its different from the 213 billion approved in September 2014; which unfortunately, you and your ilks rose in quick condemnation!!! The improvement has no bearing whatsoever to so called buhari effect as it was a result of little or no political sabotage of gas pipelines since May 29th ....
Go ahead and tell us if there is any difference between the loans.
http://thecitizenng.com/headline-2/fg-approves-n213b-power-sector-intervention-fund/

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/five-power-firms-get-n18-26bn-loan/

Oh dear, good Daniel has come to judge! cool
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Tomjazzy2: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Jman06:
Even Buhari knows that.
He is our President smiley
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
"careful studies are already under way to identify the quickest, safest and cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians"....Buhari on 29th May 2015

'Improved power supply being experienced since June 2015 is do to the efforts of Buhari's administration '...Nairaland Buhari arslickers

In other words, while Buhari is still doing "careful studies", his online sycophants are already giving him credit for some phantom achievements. Clearly, someone is telling wicked lies.

In my opinion, the improved power supply being witnessed in many homes is due to improved power generation which in turn is due to zero incidence of politically motivated gas pipeline vandalism post 2015 elections. The improvement supply will be temporary, unless the current takes drastic measures to consolidate on the reforms the sector witnessed under the last administration. Most importantly, the gencos and discos have to be financially empowered by govt to undertake the massive investment needed to guarantee sustainable power improvement. Any policy reversal will be disastrous
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by chudionu58(f): 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
"careful studies are already under way to identify the quickest, safest and cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians"....Buhari on 29th May 2015

'Improved power supply being experienced since June 2015 is do to the actions of Buhari's administration '...Nairaland Buhari arslickers

In other words, while Buhari is still doing "careful studies", his online sycophants are already giving him credit for some phantom achievements. Clearly, someone is telling wicked lies
You are hardly online these days! Why??
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by dustmalik: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:

Make una kontinu. cheesy
True that. You have defeated the purpose of this thread.
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by persius555(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Its clearly obvious at this point for all to see that a huge chunk of funds allocated to the power sector in the past had always been siphoned by those in charge of this sector. All of a sudden, the gas supply system have not been disrupted. Nigeria was programmed to be milked dry by rich,unpatriotic nigerians who have the wherewithal to make the country go on its knees. PMB should do everything possible to cut the unending supply of resources and political powers to these elements. The govt itself can identify who these elements are, the political will was what we lacked in the PDP. Never again will PDP rule this country again.
Re: Opinion: Improved Power Supply Not Buhari's Efforts by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
chudionu58:
You are hardly online these days! Why??
Just a bit busy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Buhari Really Ruined The Economy In 4 Months? / Odunde Festival / Do Abia State Really Have A Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.