Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

A Force Is Fighting Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Force Is Fighting Me (2508 Views)

"You Can’t Force Islamic Studies On Our Children" - PFN, Bishop Oyedepo Warn / Apostle Johnson Suleman Visits Force Headquarters, Abuja (photos) / "Buhari, Stop Fighting Corruption" - Prophet Ayodele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Force Is Fighting Me by NeedYou(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2015
I'm happy for a forum like this where issues are discussed on nairaland.

To the pastors and of course everybody who can help.
I have been in this problem for over 8 years but this time around, it's as if it's right in from me but I can't see it with the optical eye.
Every night I sleep, I always experience a severe pressing/ pinning down which I lose breath control. I struggle with the attack but I can't seem to defeat it. Last night was the height of it all. This lasted for over 15 minutes as I struggle with it, I almost gave up because I was losing strength to continue fighting. When I woke up, I prayed and was scared to go back to sleep.

Earlier b4 now, I told my pastor about my experiences and we prayed and fasted, yet it still happen. I told my mum too, yet all to no avail. All my mum tells me it's coming from my house and that someone is making incantations in the spirit and it's made manifest. Right now, my head and chest hurts badly.
I'm beginning to wonder where it's coming from. Whether somebody somewhere is invoking the spirit of death or that it's a usual occurrence but won't harm anybody.

I dream dreams and don't remember them.

Please I need spiritual guide
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2015
x
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by banjicom(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2015
angry

Chai! This one is strong eleyi gidigan

Andyblaze bring me d holy cane I beg!
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by shalomm: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2015
You don't need a Pastor or whatever, Go down on your knees, make your way right with God, fast and pray, then come back and give your testimony.

There is power in the name of Jesus...it can break any chain.
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Holyfield1(m): 11:20am On Jul 20, 2015
I understand your pain bro, I will advice u pray, and fast about this because all deliverance is of God.....Every satanic agenda upon your life shall be nullified in Jesus name....Did I hear you say ''Amen''

1 Like

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by iamtewwy(m): 11:21am On Jul 20, 2015
lol christians ehn! always attribute euerytin to b spiritual! sir dats called sleep paralysis! nothinq spirituall

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Tallesty1(m): 11:25am On Jul 20, 2015
How exactly does it happen to you?

I asked because I once had a similar experience. I couldn't move a finger nor say a word. It was like I was gonna die but the dam thing stopped the moment I miraculously screamed Jesus Christ.

The different here is that you can struggle/fight back.
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by delishpot: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2015
OP, its no big deal. You just pray and repent and forgive those who wronged you. And, stop your mind from those imaginations. Its you allowing your mind fuel the so called situatiin
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Andyblaze: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2015
banjicom:
angry

Do not interfere in the work of demons in his life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Kyase(m): 11:39am On Jul 20, 2015
NeedYou:

I have been in this problem for over 8 years but this time around, it's as if it's right in from me but I can't see it with the optical eye.
Every night I sleep, I always experience a severe pressing/ pinning down which I lose breath control. I struggle with the attack but I can't seem to defeat it. Last night was the height of it all. This lasted for over 15 minutes as I struggle with it, I almost gave up because I was losing strength to continue fighting. When I woke up, I prayed and was scared to go back to sleep.

Earlier b4 now, I told my pastor about my experiences and we prayed and fasted, yet it still happen. I told my mum too, yet all to no avail. All my mum tells me it's coming from my house and that someone is making incantations in the spirit and it's made manifest. Right now, my head and chest hurts badly.
I'm beginning to wonder where it's coming from. Whether somebody somewhere is invoking the spirit of death or that it's a usual occurrence but won't harm anybody.

stop eating heavy food at night and also eating late at night. Remain bless
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2015
Young man, wake up this is 21st century.

Kindly meet ur doctor. It might be some esczma, or any minor sickness that can happen to anybody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by NeedYou(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2015
Tallesty1:
How exactly does it happen to you?

I asked because I once had a similar experience. I couldn't move a finger nor say a word. It was like I was gonna die but the dam thing stopped the moment I miraculously screamed Jesus Christ.

The different here is that you can struggle/fight back.

In my own case, I can't utter a word, screaming Jesus! Is very hard. My breathe is seized. As if my spirit is leaving the body. (hope u understand) ie during the struggle.

Someone said something about sleep paralysis. I think it's far from it because I feel death around and not a temporal mission. Whoever that is responsible is on assignment.

There are certain things that when it re occurs consecutively, u don't need to be told that somebody somewhere is fueling the attack
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by twosquare(m): 11:50am On Jul 20, 2015
NeedYou:

In my own case, I can't utter a word, screaming Jesus! Is very hard. My breathe is seized. As if my spirit is leaving the body. (hope u understand) ie during the struggle.

Someone said something about sleep paralysis. I think it's far from it because I feel death around and not a temporal mission. Whoever that is responsible is on assignment.

There are certain things that when it re occurs consecutively, u don't need to be told that somebody somewhere is fueling the attack
Go and meditate on Colossians 1:13....make your way right and pray,that's all. smiley
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by NeedYou(m): 11:55am On Jul 20, 2015
krattoss:

Kindly meet ur doctor. It might be some esczma, or any minor sickness that can happen to anybody

Minor? It's becos u have not experienced it b4. Nobody in my family encounters anything like this except me. We eat the same food. Sleep in the same house. So why me?

This is enough to prove that even doctor cannot profer solution
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by MizMyColi(f): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
I think I am with iamtewwy on this.
Kindly Google sleep paralysis.

As for the dreams, think of it this way...
Why would God reveal things to you and then allow some power which he is very much superior than to cause you to forget.

We should learn to stop exalting the powers of darkness over God's power.

OP, I think it's very human to forget stuff.
If I forget a dream, then it means it wasn't meant to be taken serious.

Stop complicating your life and just live.
Be bold. Stop giving the enemy room to feed on your fears.
Let the boldness and assurance of Christ fill you.

Lastly remember, that there is no power which the enemy has over you that you have not given it, either directly or indirectly.

Rise above.
Live the life of an overcomer, that's the only reality about you that'll ever matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
NeedYou:

Minor? It's becos u have not experienced it b4. Nobody in my family encounters anything like this except me. We eat the same food. Sleep in the same house. So why me?

This is enough to prove that even doctor cannot profer solution
history is made or broke a day.

So, the ish starting from u is not a big deal.

But just try a doctor, then if a proff doctor doesnt profer a solution. Then let us knw too.

Ve suffered from serious malaria before, i tell u it was a trip to hades for me.

But luckily for me i got over it .
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by NeedYou(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
I need bible quotations and references to backup my prayers.
Thanks @mizmycoli

1 Like

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2414762/spiritual-warfare-deliverance-casting-out

Follow this link and your life will never remain the same.
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by taiwo850629: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Let me pray for you.
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
NeedYou:

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by lampardizik(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Used to have these experiences,it stopped the day I stood up to it. I can't quite explain it,it was like my spirit was fighting back.
That was in 2008

1 Like

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by lampardizik(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Used to have these experiences,it stopped the day I stood up to it. I can't quite explain it,it was like my spirit was fighting back.
That was in 2007
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by johnydon22(m): 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
The amount of daft comments and superstitious brouhaha among you guys are just completely sickening.

This is just a simple phenomenon known as sleep paralysis or Old hag syndrom, nothing preternatural about it.

Try sleeping on your sides or facing downwards instead of upwards. . . Hope you don't go shouting in another public forum that a force is fighting you.

2 Likes

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by MizMyColi(f): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
smiley
NeedYou:
I need bible quotations and references to backup my prayers.
Thanks @mizmycoli
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by watson321: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
sorri tew hear diz cry
yuh nid
deliveranzee
seriouz fasting nd praying
especially in the midnight
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by frank317: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
@poster how old are u? I bet you are still a teenager. Like Johnny said, try sleep facing downward and or sideways.
Sleep paralysis has been found to commonly reoccur among teenagers undergoing psychological issues... Such issues could be... Fear (fear of hell knowing you can't possibly live the virtuous life that would ensure u avoid hell), fear of death given terrible religious stories, fear of unseen forces and evil spirits as one has been made to believe are after ones life by religious rumor mongers. It could also be caused by stress, (both psychological and physical stress or academic stress), loss of a loved one or fear of such.
You see the teenage years are filled with unanswered questions about life and, the wrong info could cause stress.
Try relaxing a bit sort the help of a doctors.
Note: pastors and Nairaland religionists will only worsten your situation until u finally become mad.

1 Like

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by blessedbeads(f): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
NeedYou:

sorry I was in a thread were u were telling the man of God to follow ur thread ,so I opt in to know what the thread is all about ,my brother it is the spiritual that role the physical ,what eyes cannot see .that thread spiritual warfare ,deliverance and casting out demons .things are happening dere God is using his servant to reach out to people mostly people that are oppress of the devil.
Tell him what u are passing thru and he will tell u what to do
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by hahn(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Andyblaze:

Do not interfere in the work of demons in his life

Frank317
Johnydon22
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
iamtewwy:
lol christians ehn! always attribute euerytin to b spiritual! sir dats called sleep paralysis! nothinq spirituall

It's not sleep paralysis!

delishpot:
OP, its no big deal. You just pray and repent and forgive those who wronged you. And, stop your mind from those imaginations. Its you allowing your mind fuel the so called situatiin

It's not a big deal you say? Ma'am it's not as easy as you think. The young man is under spiritual oppression and you don't just handle such mildly.

banjicom:
angry

There is time for everything. There are times to act silly and there are times to be serious.
This is time for the latter.

krattoss:

Did I just read what you typed? Minor sickness? Eczema?

No offense, but are you high on cheap supplements?

By the way, it's "Eczema", not "Esczma"

twosquare:
Go and meditate on Colossians 1:13....make your way right and pray,that's all. smiley

It's not that simple, bro.

frank317:
@poster how old are u? I bet you are still a teenager. Like Johnny said, try sleep facing downward and or sideways.
Sleep paralysis has been found to commonly reoccur among teenagers undergoing psychological issues... Such issues could be... Fear (fear of hell knowing you can't possibly live the virtuous life that would ensure u avoid hell), fear of death given terrible religious stories, fear of unseen forces and evil spirits as one has been made to believe are after ones life by religious rumor mongers. It could also be caused by stress, (both psychological and physical stress or academic stress), loss of a loved one or fear of such.
You see the teenage years are filled with unanswered questions about life and, the wrong info could cause stress.
Try relaxing a bit sort the help of a doctors.
Note: pastors and Nairaland religionists will only worsten your situation until u finally become mad.

Stop trying to sound smart. His case isn't sleep paralysis and it's not as a result of him being a teenager or not, of which I doubt he is.

Does what he describe sound like sleep paralysis to you? Why don't you read more about what you claim to know and compare it with the what the description the op gave and see how erroneous your conclusion is.

@Op, I think you are under some form of spiritual/demonic attack and you need serious prayers.
In cases like this you need more voices to join yours in prayers. You should also consider fasting as well.

Read the points mizmycoli gave.

MizMyColi:

Be bold. Stop giving the enemy room to feed on your fears.
Let the boldness and assurance of Christ fill you.

Lastly remember, that there is no power which the enemy has over you that you have not given it, either directly or indirectly.

Rise above.
Live the life of an overcomer, that's the only reality about you that'll ever matter.

Wish you all the best!
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by blessedbeads(f): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
manoda:
https://www.nairaland.com/2414762/spiritual-warfare-deliverance-casting-out

Follow this link and your life will never remain the same.
thank u manoda for giving him the site ,many people don't believe in demons ,the world really need deliverance . Just imagine the advice people are giving him ,is well may God continue to give us all the grace to spread the gospel very far@needyou pls connect with that man of God u will testify verysoon .I was once in that issue ,go to that thread and read many issues and testimonies ,God bless u
Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
Son, you need medical attention on Nocturnal Seizure - an abnormal epileptic seizure disorder that occurs during sleep.
do some research and seek medical help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Force Is Fighting Me by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Holyfield1:
I understand your pain bro, I will advice u pray, and fast about this because all deliverance is of God.....Every satanic agenda upon your life shall be nullified in Jesus name....Did I hear you say ''Amen''

when the gullible get sick they see the pastor
when pastors get sick they see the doctor

- fools die

7 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qualities That Make An Ideal Choir Member. / TB Joshua Has Direct Link To Satan Himself / Intelligent Designer Refuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.