Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) (1278 Views)

Photo: Dangerous Bumps To Look Out For And Their Causes....lol! / Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) / Fire Out Break At Chicason Gas Plant In Nnewi, Scores feared dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by Ibiyomee(f): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Someone sent this to me and I think I need to share it with nairalanders.

This plant is very common at our houses, gardens, parks and offices (popular as indoor & outdoor plant). The plant
(Dumb Cane or Dieffenbachia) is now proven to be dangerous, so, please take care!
The leaf of this plant causes itching if its sap (milk) touches your skin. But there are more dangerous facts!
Read the details below.
One of my friends almost lost her daughter who put a piece of the leaf of this plant in her mouth and her tongue swelled to the point of suffocation.
Name: Dumb Cane or Dieffenbachia
This plant is common in Rwanda. It is a deadly poison, most specially for the children. It can kill a kid in less than a minute and an adult in 15 minutes. It should be uprooted
from gardens and taken out of offices. If touched, one should never touch his/her eyes; it can cause partial or permanent blindness. Please alert your friends.

Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by izuch(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by kodded(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
undecided

Ignorance is a disease
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by Ibiyomee(f): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
I was told it affects both humans and animals especially dogs. Any confirmation please?
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by Faremisodeeq(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
What an educative post. Thumbs up op
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by Sparrow13: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Thanks for the information
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by MayflowerB(f): 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Thanks for d info.....once had it in front of my house
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by wahles(m): 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ion bilivit jor# e dey front of my ouz nah# cut meself some leaves, rob sap on me body# ;Dif I dnt make fp today,u knw wah dah means#
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by Bigcake: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
I will never forget what this plant did to me in my teenage days... After watching the blockbuster movie titled " kick Boxer" by Van Damme, I decided to become the Van Damme of my days by assembling this deadly plant in a position that makes it look like a punch bag or sand bag. I began my Van Damme training by punching and kicking the plant with all my strength as if it was responsible for my grandfather's death. After successfully disfiguring the plant, I went home in self victory believing I could fight anyone on the street like Van Damme did. Hmmm, 7minutes later i began to feel the sensation on my entire body... the itching was out of this world. Every known nuetralizer was applied on my body which was an effort in futility. The funniest part is that I was severely beaten by my elder siblings who thought I was faking the show so I wont be flogged for destroying the flower plant.
Re: Photo: Dangerous Plant? (beware) by Ibiyomee(f): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Thank God for ur life
Bigcake:
I will never forget what this plant did to me in my teenage days... After watching the blockbuster movie titled " kick Boxer" by Van Damme, I decided to become the Van Damme of my days by assembling this deadly plant in a position that makes it look like a punch bag or sand bag. I began my Van Damme training by punching and kicking the plant with all my strength as if it was responsible for my grandfather's death. After successfully disfiguring the plant, I went home in self victory believing I could fight anyone on the street like Van Damme did. Hmmm, 7minutes later i began to feel the sensation on my entire body... the itching was out of this world. Every known nuetralizer was applied on my body which was an effort in futility. The funniest part is that I was severely beaten by my elder siblings who thought I was faking the show so I wont be flogged for destroying the flower plant.

(1) (Reply)

World Busiest Hotel - The Palazio (pictures) / Advice Needed Please / Quality Classical Leather Shoes And Palm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.