Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Help Us PMB! There Is No Transparency In 'hajj Medical Team' Selection By NAHCON - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Help Us PMB! There Is No Transparency In 'hajj Medical Team' Selection By NAHCON (3224 Views)

Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) / Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Hajj Stampede: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Us PMB! There Is No Transparency In 'hajj Medical Team' Selection By NAHCON by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
As a Muslim and a Medical Practitioner I developed a strong interest in serving my country through participation in the Federal Hajj Medical Team. This team constitute doctors, nurses, pharmacists etc. Many people apply every year by submitting a written application at the National Hajj Commission's office in Abuja. Having applied for three consecutive years I (together with friends with similar experience) finally realised that the process of selection of members of the team seriously lack transperancy. This is very shameful and disappointing for Muslims of this great nation. There is extreme favoratism, partiality and selfishness in the process. Thank God the commission has recently replaced its deceitful interview with 'screening/orientation' ( so that many people can stay home and do other things with their money and time).

HOW IS THE SELECTION CONDUCTED?
If you are like me, that is to say, your name was not sent from the under listed channels count yourself among the most unfortunate ones. Do not even attempt to attend the screening as you will be embarrased. They may not even invite you.
1. Aso Rock Villa (VP's office especially)
2. Senate
3. House of Assembly
4. Any of the directors of the Hajj Commission (eg. Director Planning, Operation etc)
5. Any other top ranking government official.

The most unfortunate thing is that while you are trying to have just one chance you will meet people who had selfishly been going for several years. I was vexed last year when I heard some of the officials lying publicly. I quoted one "this year we have disqualified anyone that had 2 chances so if you know you are among them we are advising you to please leave this place". Some will shamelessly quote a Hadith or a verse as if they were sincere in their actions. Many people stopped applying when they discovered the truth.

I have now applied for the 4th time and anticipating invitation any moment from now. My fear is whether the dishonestly will still continue. I am glad that nobody will expect a list from PMB. Osinbajo is not a Muslim. Will this in increase my chance of selection? I seriously doubt it.

PMB is well known for being a transparent, kindhearted and honest leader. I hope people will share their experience concerning this topic.
My prayer is for those responsible for the injustice to quickly change and select people based on merit.

1 Share

Re: Help Us PMB! There Is No Transparency In 'hajj Medical Team' Selection By NAHCON by Gboliwe: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
And as big as you are you don't know the right section to post this abi?

OAM4J please move this appropriately
Re: Help Us PMB! There Is No Transparency In 'hajj Medical Team' Selection By NAHCON by sirmarry(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
malam, dia r oda ways u cn serv ds grt country and islam as a medical practitioner.... try any of dem, goin 2 hajj as prt of d medical team s jst one out of a million.

(1) (Reply)

When Muslims Were Tired Of Fighting, Allahh Said Peace Was Not An Option / So Mohammed Was Jewish After All. / "Examining Wahhabism" -English Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.