Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Does Religion Really Matter To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Religion Really Matter To God? (2923 Views)

Poll: Does Religion Really Matter To God?

Yes: 40% (2 votes)
No: 60% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Does Religion Hold People Back From Becoming Very Educated / Does Religion Really Matter In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Wumine(f): 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2006
Really,at times i feel religion doesnt really matter to God. i feel u should believe in God, pray in your own way and just be good. do unto others as u will like them to do to u! i believe God will have mercy on those He will. Do u think religion really matters and what is in a religion? just want to be enlightened.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by chy(f): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2006
Religion does not matter but one should do things accordiing to
how the bible says it.
We should add or subtract from the word of God
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Wumine(f): 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2006
chy:

Religion does not matter but one should do things accordiing to
how the bible says it.
We should add or subtract from the word of God

u talked about the bible there and it belong to the xtians, that means youare saying it matters abi?
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by olabowale(m): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2006
Religion does matter. The right and proper religion is the instruction blueprint of God to His creations, Mankind for one. This blue prints laws and order, processes. Further it provides consequences of good and evil. The crateria of obedience and disobedience. The stories of people who are rightly guided and those who had gone astray in the past, are told.

Future are also predicted. You will read about happiness and sadness at the end of our life's journey.

If this blueprint known as religion is not provided by God, in the end, when hHe punishes the one who is being punish will have the right to claim justice from God. Since He has provided the blue print, there is no one that can claim that God is unjust in the day of Judgement.

God declares in the Qur'an that He will not be unjust to His creations.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by BlackMamba(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
Religion is the bane of mankind. Organized religion has only succeeded in dividing the world into arch enemies fighting each other in the name of God. I sincerely think the world will be a better place without organized religion. Believe what you want and practice on your own.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by KDK(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2006
grin grin grin grin  @wumine

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by jerrymania(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2006
There are people who say religion matters, they are muslims,hindis,taoists,rosicrucians,catholics,methodists and others who follow an organized form of religion.Let me point here that religion and other form of spirituality was a bridge for man to connect the broken link that Adam caused.Man has replaced The sovereignty of Jesus with religion and ordinances. You can only get to God through JESUS and that is accepting him in your life, be fully digested with his Word, The bible, be filled with the fullness of the Holy Ghost, confessing him whereever you go and never forsaking the gathering of the Saints of God. There are manmade steps or procedures or rituals to follow, those are the ways of the World who have never known the truth, they walk in their own wisdom. Please always look for counsel in the Word of God, study the bible like any of your textbooks or study materials and let the Holy Ghost guide you.don't follow man's wisdom, always seek the wisdom of our Almighty God in his Word.Once you study the word gradually, the Holy Ghost will let you know if religion matters or not.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by olabowale(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2006
@Kikanuka: Tell me which Bible? The Catholic, or the offshoot from it used by the protestant. Which printing period shall we use. Please read the Qur'an and be amazed. I invite you to guidance, do not invite anyone to Hellfire.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by jerrymania(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2006
@olabowale I wont contend or argue with, Jehovah will judge you, but dont cry blood or hide beneath rocks when Jesus Christ My Lord and Personal Saviour will come in cloud of glory to judge mankind, (few years from now),
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by olabowale(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2006
@Kikanuka: I won't. I have already accepted my fate. I am very comfortable with it. I trust that allah, the Almighty will have mercy on me. I do not need a true mercy from anyone, except from Him.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Wumine(f): 10:29am On Oct 02, 2006
BlackMamba:

Religion is the bane of mankind. Organized religion has only succeeded in dividing the world into arch enemies fighting each other in the name of God. I sincerely think the world will be a better place without organized religion. Believe what you want and practice on your own.

that is what i thought really but, undecided
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Wumine(f): 10:34am On Oct 02, 2006
i feel its the heart that really matters to God. if ur heart is not pure and you pray 1million times then i dont think that will take you anywhere. everyone says his religion is the WAY and that really makes me wonder! Are we even practising the religion we call the 'WAY' the right way? if we are i feel the world will be better for it!
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by olabowale(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2006
@Wumine: There is a true religion, as you say it; the WAY. However, people may not be practising it properly or correctly, that is not a reason not to acknowledge it. Infact, it does not take away from its purity if it si abandoned, altogether. It is always constant in its purity. However, it is mankind, indeed the one who claim to worship in this path 'the WAY' that have to wonder about. The greater wonder, still, is the one who refuse knowingly and unknowingly refused to seek 'the WAY'.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Wumine(f): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2006
olabowale:

@Wumine: There is a true religion, as you say it; the WAY. However, people may not be practising it properly or correctly, that is not a reason not to acknowledge it. Infact, it does not take away from its purity if it si abandoned, altogether. It is always constant in its purity. However, it is mankind, indeed the one who claim to worship in this path 'the WAY' that have to wonder about. The greater wonder, still, is the one who refuse knowingly and unknowingly refused to seek 'the WAY'.

please what is this 'THE WAY'? pls convince me on this.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by tasty: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2006
Yeah i think it does.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by tasty: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2006
do u have a religion? wonder why u are asking this question. come and join mine!
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Grouppoint(m): 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2006
I suppose we need to first agree on a definition of religion:

A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: e.g. the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion, Islamic religion.

Furthermore, we need to identify if we are speaking of the same God.
Most Monotheistic religions already believe that their God has instructed a specific way which His true followers must relate with Him.
However other faiths have their gods who may not require a specific method of devotion.

I beleive however that these instructions have been grossly mis-interpreted by mankind.
Since we know that all the 3 main monotheistic religions have their root in the judaic God, and yet each of these religions differ in the way the instructions are applied, isnt it clear that its either mankind has missed the WAY completeley, or God has deliberately allowed us to miss it.

I personally believe that religion does not matter much to God. Least especially when it has consistently been subject to gross abuse, used as a tool for oppression and suppression. It has been the source of enduring hatred between people who would otherwise have been brothers. However, Jesus did mention that He came to bring Fathers against Sons and brothers against brothers, so what do you make of that?

"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.", (Luke 12:49,51-53 NASB)
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Horus(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2007
Hinduism is the spirituality and power of the east Indian.
Islamism and Christianity are the religions and power of the Tammahu (Caucasian) race.
Yours is Nuwaubu- the way of the Anunnagi.
The world of religion needs to be dismantled.
You can’t agree on anything because everyone has their own personal god.
the differences between each religion are always pointed out, however, the similarities are never talked about for example:
each religion believes that there is an Almighty force that does exist.
You will be eliminating the world’s problems with the elimination of religion.
Nevertheless, if a person accepts his own spiritual science, Nuwaubu,
He has accepted himself and his own kind as the superior power.
Then the visible and invisible forces and powers can easily work for you;And work with you for liberation and well- being.
All religions are alien by nature to you, Except the spiritual science Nuwaubu.
Nuwaubu is the equalizer for you anywhere, and any time.”
Nuwaubu and the powers that make it effective and binding are the equalizers in all fields of necessity and endeavors in which other races offer contest.
The liberation forces are not their God, their false Jesus, their lord, their Christ, nor the spirit-power names of any other race.
The liberation forces of Nuwaubians, new beings, by nature is 9 ether, whose scientific name will be disclosed in the science Nuwaubu.”
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by 1ord: 7:07am On Aug 16, 2014
What matters is law, order ,scientific progress and an end to war.This cant happen with religion still in the picture
Re: Does Religion Really Matter To God? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 16, 2014
Wumine:

please what is this 'THE WAY'? pls convince me on this.

This your question is somwhow. Were you not the one who used "the WAY" above? Does it mean that you didn't know what it means before you used it?

Well, as for the op, religion really matters cos your religion defines your behavior, and God does not accept all worship. but if you are actually fearing Him and you are in the wrong religion, God will draw you to the right one if He deems you sincere.

So it is important to find the right religion. If not, one could be headed for destruction. Religion matters so much to God, He doesn't support all form of worship.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist / Between Pentecostalism And Word Of Faith Movement / Is Kissing A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.