Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:09 AM

My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow (2284 Views)

Rate My 4 Month Old Beorboel / Hygroma In Dogs (swollen Elbow) / Dog Eats Up 4 -month- Old Baby In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
My 4 month old male Rottweiler is a bit obese. He really eats a lot compared to his female counterpart. I really need to exercise him but I am limited by time. Unfortunately I cannot really regulate his food because they are both in same cage and I don't have the time to feed them 3 times a day. So I just put Enof food to last till nite time and then I rush off to work.
Recently I noticed He has what looks like scab on the elbows of his front legs.
Pls I need to know what to do about it. I don't want him to contact infections thru those scabs.

Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by anochuks08(m): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
If he stays on concrete floor, then he would get those scabs you are talking of, to avoid this, tile where he stays, or put a carpet there (regular carpet or carpet tiles)
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by jessyzin(f): 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Go to the nearest Vet Clinic around you, Buy Benzyl Benzoate and Coopper Healing Oil. Clean the face of the scalp with spirit or warm water, apply benzyl benzoate every morning and cooper healing Oil at night for 7days the scalp will disappear. After that bath the dogs with taktic it's a chemical for external parasite on dog, bath the all your dog's with it and lay a carpet on the floor of their kenel the whole thing will clear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by oluomoadebayo: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
obstead200:
My 4 month old male Rottweiler is a bit obese. He really eats a lot compared to his female counterpart. I really need to exercise him but I am limited by time. Unfortunately I cannot really regulate his food because they are both in same cage and I don't have the time to feed them 3 times a day. So I just put Enof food to last till nite time and then I rush off to work.
Recently I noticed He has what looks like scab on the elbows of his front legs.
Pls I need to know what to do about it. I don't want him to contact infections thru those scabs.
Why keeping 2 ditties when you don't have time for them, it's cruel.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Why keeping 2 ditties when you don't have time for them, it's cruel.
hey!
Dat is not fair. I do have time for them. I make out time to take them out every morning and clean d kennel. I personally prepare dia meal every morning (I don't feed them household leftovers), I also feed them at nite when I return from work. When ever I can squeeze in some time I exercise them briefly in the morning. What more do u expect of me? Shud I quit my job and be at home just to take care of them?
Smh for some pple sef. Pls offer me advise if u have one. I will appreciate that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
jessyzin:
Go to the nearest Vet Clinic around you, Buy Benzyl Benzoate and Coopper Healing Oil. Clean the face of the scalp with spirit or warm water, apply benzyl benzoate every morning and cooper healing Oil at night for 7days the scalp will disappear. After that bath the dogs with taktic it's a chemical for external parasite on dog, bath the all your dog's with it and lay a carpet on the floor of their kenel the whole thing will clear.
thanks. I will do u just dat. I hope I find d drugs at vet
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
anochuks08:
If he stays on concrete floor, then he would get those scabs you are talking of, to avoid this, tile where he stays, or put a carpet there (regular carpet or carpet tiles)

u are very correct. He stays on concrete floor. If I shud put carpet dia, u don't think d carpet will last 2 days. Maybe it is best I just tile it.
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by oluomoadebayo: 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
obstead200:
hey!
Dat is not fair. I do have time for them. I make out time to take them out every morning and clean d kennel. I personally prepare dia meal every morning (I don't feed them household leftovers), I also feed them at nite when I return from work. When ever I can squeeze in some time I exercise them briefly in the morning. What more do u expect of me? Shud I quit my job and be at home just to take care of them?
Smh for some pple sef. Pls offer me advise if u have one. I will appreciate that.

In my opinion, it's not a good idea to keep both in the same cage and feeding them together unsupervised could cause problems. You should have think of your lifestyle before getting 2 dogs.
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

In my opinion, it's not a good idea to keep both in the same cage and feeding them together unsupervised could cause problems. You should have think of your lifestyle before getting 2 dogs.
u are still trading blames rather than giving advice. But it is ok Sha. I actually get ur point. Thanks for pointing dat out.
I was already thinking of separating them but I wanted to wait until they are a bit older. But with this overfeeding challenge, I think I will tell d guy coming to do the floor tiling in the kennel to partition the space for me. The space is really small but I guess it is necessary right now to separate them.
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by oluomoadebayo: 6:48am On Jul 21, 2015
obstead200:
u are still trading blames rather than giving advice. But it is ok Sha. I actually get ur point. Thanks for pointing dat out.
I was already thinking of separating them but I wanted to wait until they are a bit older. But with this overfeeding challenge, I think I will tell d guy coming to do the floor tiling in the kennel to partition the space for me. The space is really small but I guess it is necessary right now to separate them.

I will never blame you for decision you made for yourself , I don't know you nor what's going on with your life. I'm sorry if you feel I'm blaming you but I'm not . Separating them is the best option and stop free feeding them.
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by awolola26(m): 9:05am On Jul 21, 2015
Nigga sorry to ask o Its not to criticise you is your rott a full breed?
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 9:55am On Jul 21, 2015
awolola26:
Nigga sorry to ask o Its not to criticise you is your rott a full breed?
both parents (yeah I saw them) has all the qualities of rottweilers. so I can safely assume that the answer to ur question is yes.
however I never saw the grand parents and the ancestors so I am willing to make allowance for the possibility that there might have been some cross breeding along the line.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by awolola26(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2015
obstead200:

both parents (yeah I saw them) has all the qualities of rottweilers. so I can safely assume that the answer to ur question is yes.
however I never saw the grand parents and the ancestors so I am willing to make allowance for the possibility that there might have been some cross breeding along the line.

yea thanKs dude. I'm in a situation similar to yours
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by obstead200(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
awolola26:

really? let me see ur pup.

meanwhile maybe we cud confirm the purity of our rotts from the rottie experts on the pets forum
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by anochuks08(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
awolola26:

His rot is a pure rot.
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by awolola26(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
anochuks08:
His rot is a pure rot.

Lolzz...anochuks...you again....na you sell for am?? And abg i wan make u beep me for whatsapp
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by awolola26(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
obstead200:

really? let me see ur pup.

meanwhile maybe we cud confirm the purity of our rotts from the rottie experts on the pets forum

Yea...whats ur num so i can beep u on whatsapp
Re: My 4 Month Rottweiler Has Scabs At The Elbow by awolola26(m): 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
anochuks08:
His rot is a pure rot.

The tans on the eyes, they looked excessive, that was why i questioned the purity, Please can things like that happen in a pure rott?

(1) (Reply)

Breed Of This Dog / Need Your Advice On This. Slant X Straight Back Gsd. / Boerboel Available For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.