Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. (1267 Views)

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise / I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
I visited home last year only to find out that most of my mates are doing very well, even the once in my Village and I was like what the Bleep am I doing outside!!!!!! Abroad is not always the answer to greener pasture.....watin una think??
Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by 25omega(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
jeffucee10:
I visited home last year only to find out that most of my mates are doing very well, even the once in my Village and I was like what the Bleep am I doing outside!!!!!! Abroad is not always the answer to greener pasture.....watin una think??
you are totally right. What are your said friends doing for a living? Do you see yourself assimilating back to the life back home? and when you say they are doing well, what do you mean? they are rich or very comfortable
Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
One of my friends is into Oil biz and to my surprise the guy has over 3 cars…The others are equally doing well too, that is to say that one can still make it back home without coming out here for a better life which is not guaranteed..
Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by iykedare(m): 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
jeffucee10:

It depends on your motive for travelling out and where you traveled to.

That it didn't work for you doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by CocoAces(f): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
jeffucee10:
One of my friends is into Oil biz and to my surprise the guy has over 3 cars…The others are equally doing well too, that is to say that one can still make it back home without coming out here for a better life which is not guaranteed..

Typical Nigerian, always equating success with affluence, lol. In any case, if you know your people well then you should know better than to try and compare yourself with another who has made it. In-fact, the richer a Nigerian man is, the more skeptical you should be of his riches, lol. I hope that makes sense. Also try not to put your eyez in others pocket yeh, and appreciate all you already have.smiley
oK peace!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by finestboy1: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
CocoAces:

Typical Nigerian, always equating success with affluence, lol. In any case, if you know your people well then you should know better than to try and compare yourself with another who has made it. In-fact, the richer a Nigerian man is, the more skeptical you should be of his riches, lol. I hope that makes sense. Also try not to put your eyez in others pocket yeh, and appreciate all you already have.smiley
oK peace!
Yea so true... Like your half face lol wink
Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by optimusprime2(m): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
jeffucee10:
What do I think? ... It depends on where you are going, and what you are going to do...
Re: Travelling Out Of Naija Is Not Always The Answer To Greener Pasture. by worry359(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2016
As I have said before, many look at wages in Obamaland or Dubai but think of prices in mile 12 market.
They do not realise the prices, cost of living, taxes and other essential expenses in these countries.

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of A Nigerian Lady And Nigeria Men Living In The USA, Canada / Beautiful Fireworks From Rio Brazil 2022(photos, Video) / Reasons I'm No Longer Relocating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.