Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia (37408 Views)

Ghanaian Man Climbs High Tension Pole, Demands Money Before Coming Down. Photos / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati / "Muslim Women Must Learn English Or Be Deported" - British PM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by putin3: 10:21am On Jul 21, 2015
The reason is languages terrorist,scammers,criminals use in their act.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by putin3: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2015
Most Nigeria scammers and fraudster in uk speak Yoruba it means that Yoruba is is Nigeria official language for crime.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by jimi4us: 10:24am On Jul 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao. You sound pained - don't cry lol. I had tons of Igbo co'ds growing up and none could speak Igbo and the average Igbo out here is involved in crime as well, ditto Edos. But you can't blame Yorubas for speaking their language everywhere and stamping their culture all over London.

Heck, 99.9% of Nigerian business in London are owned by Yorubas and most Igbos in London also speak Yoruba (I don't know why but maybe it is cos they lived with Yorubas in naij).

I reiterate: Congolese folks, Somalis, and Ghanaians commit all the crimes Nigerians commit out here - how come their languages aren't on the list? Heck, Congo boys have a big gang in North Ldn, and run a big fraud and drug syndicate. Ditto Ghanaians. And Somalis are some of the most violent people you will ever meet.
continue to deceive yourself. sense is no longer common since Thiefnubuu got politically murdered

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 21, 2015
When Pastor Adeboye prayed for the British Prime minister, which language did he use?. Anyway i knew something would come out of it.
Police language for one tribe, ministerial positions for another tribe. All na Southern Naija.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by redsun(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2015
bababuff:
Lobátán ! Britico now know the value of the Yoruba language.

No be by noise.

Omo Oduduwa ti goke agba grin

It is about the concentration of Yorubas in oyinbo land that cznt speak English. It is not really something to be proad of.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by winniz: 10:25am On Jul 21, 2015
[s][/s]Shymm3x:

Lol, why Peckham? You lot just love disrespecting Peckham like it is the worst place in London with the shittest houses and section 4 buildings lol. It is obvious you have never been to Peckham. I'm from Peckham and in as much as it has a sizeable naij community with Yorubas, Igbos, and Edos - it is not the nonsense you lot post here all the time. Heck, the place is better than most places in London. It doesn't have that much council estates that represent "ghetto". It is very expensive to live there unlike other places. And it has no section 4 areas lol. Stop spamming Peckham everywhere.

That said, you sound Igbo but I have got news for you: most Yorubas out here, no matter where they were born at least understand the language even if they can't speak it fluently (same for Edos) and Yoruba is the most widely spoken language in London. The same can't be said about Igbos. And Yorubas probably outnumber Igbos in terms of population by 2:1 in London. So don't hate the player, hate the game.

Indians aren't known for crime but punjabi is also on the list. What does that tell you? Somalis are known for violence and crime, but whatever language they speak isn't on the list. Ghanaians and Congolese also commit whatever types of crimes Naij folks are involved in out here, but why are their languages not on the list?[s][/s]

I forgot to add Woolwich, even Lewisham that is dominated by Jamaicans una still full there, don't forget you lots are tribal champions so after recruiting them una criminals will continue beating the system so just save me the epistles!

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by jimi4us: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2015
Sincere4u:
When Pastor Adeboye prayed for the British Prime minister, which language did he use??.
he used Chinese because he's a Chinese/yorubber man. odee.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 10:29am On Jul 21, 2015
jimi4us:
continue to deceive yourself. sense is no longer common since Thiefnubuu got politically murdered

Looooool.

Just know Met Police don't care about whatever nonsense you lot fight about in that cesspit - this is about effective policing and rendering the best services to all the communities in London. Yoruba is the most widely spoken African language in London - don't hate the player, hate the game.

Yoruba is the naij community in London, and the naij community in London is Yoruba. So if you ever find yaself on these sides, don't be surprised if anything naij you do is Yoruba, including almost all the naij shops.

3 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by kokomilala(m): 10:32am On Jul 21, 2015
You have a point.London is a very cosmopolitan city.Last time I checked, there were over 3 million Nigerians, and most were Yoruba- most whose parents and grandparents had been there for ages.So, it's a no- brainer for London-Met to adopt Yoruba as one of the second languages in recruiting, If it works it's going be a game-changer as far as curtailing crimes, even organized crimes go.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by IamOpemipo(m): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao. You sound pained - don't cry lol. I had tons of Igbo co'ds growing up and none could speak Igbo and the average Igbo out here is involved in crime as well, ditto Edos. But you can't blame Yorubas for speaking their language everywhere and stamping their culture all over London.

Heck, 99.9% of Nigerian business in London are owned by Yorubas and most Igbos in London also speak Yoruba (I don't know why but maybe it is cos they lived with Yorubas in naij).

I reiterate: Congolese folks, Somalis, and Ghanaians commit all the crimes Nigerians commit out here - how come their languages aren't on the list? Heck, Congo boys have a big gang in North Ldn, and run a big fraud and drug syndicate. Ditto Ghanaians. And Somalis are some of the most violent people you will ever meet.

Lol..i dey gbadun ur response sir shymmex

Keep schoolin them

4 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2015
winniz:

I forgot to add Woolwich, even Lewisham that is dominated by Jamaicans una still full there, don't forget you lots are tribal champions so after recruiting them una criminals will continue beating the system so just save me the epistles!

Lol @ Woolwich. That shows you have never been to the UK. Yes, naij folks loiter around in Woolwich but do they even dominate the area? You would have mentioned Thamesmead, just down the road from Woolwich, which is naijaville, if you have been there.

Just keep Peckham out of ya mouth. It seems that is the only place you lot know in naij. That is the only place the London legend is about in naij, alie? Loooool. You lot need to reinvent ya legends about London and replace Peckham with Dalston, Hackney, Barking, Enfield, or whatever shiithole in London.

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by IamOpemipo(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2015
jimi4us:

Guy why not just relax and take a cold beer..

It'll help relieve your nerves smiley

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by effty(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2015
So dat dy can cope wit d bunch of criminals dat make up the majority of ur ppl over there.
bababuff:

No be by noise.

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by whitecloth: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2015
am seeing this from different point of view, though am a Yoruba, I see this as a way of combating crimes in there society, looking critically, every one is saying languages like Mandarin are not there, well, the Chinese don't commit Crimea like Nigeria's Yoruba, and also they already have people who can speak that language.
But seriously speaking, if the police of a oversea country is looking for our language, then am sure, is not good neither is it funny.
thanks.

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 21, 2015
jimi4us:
he used Chinese because he's a Chinese/yorubber man. odee.
You sounded like a trojan virus so got dumped.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ghuzy01: 10:44am On Jul 21, 2015
For those that might need this

3 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by 500GP: 10:47am On Jul 21, 2015
YORUBA NATION.....

CUBA, BENIN, TOGO , BRAZIL COMES TO MY MIND.....

NO WONDER AN AMERICAN LADY CAN SPEAK IN YORUBA (TITILAYO ) AND A PROGRAMME ANCHOR BY AN AMERICAN GUY WHO NAMED HIMSELF BABATUNDE.........

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:50am On Jul 21, 2015
presher:
if they make igbo compulsory I for vex,the language is to help them catch criminals,it's like Yoruba police go catch their own criminal, Italian go catch their own
Okay I now understand. I think Indonesia should make Igbo compulsory for its policemen

3 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by emmatok(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

In-fact most Nigerians abroad in London comfortably speaks Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by striker9(m): 10:55am On Jul 21, 2015
kutchs:
How else do you catch a criminal if not learning his ways which includes the language he speaks.
The whole of Asia should start learning Igbo language to curb the way your kinsmen is denting the image of the whole Africa... omo ale jati jati

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 10:56am On Jul 21, 2015
IamOpemipo:

Lol..i dey gbadun ur response sir shymmex

Keep schoolin them

Lol. Most of them have never even left naij - but cos they have heard Peckham, they think they Know what is going on in London.

Despite the fact the Yorubas outnumber Igbos by probably 2:1 or more, the number of Igbos in UK prisons might outnumber the Yorubas. And a lot of Igbos from naij out here also speak Yoruba, patronise Yoruba businesses, and folks get along well (even if it is only on the surface).

The Met Police thing is about effective policing and to get ethnic minorities involved and to reduce the race tensions. And to establish effective relationship between the Police and the communities in London cos majority of the Police are white, despite ethnic minorities making up over 20% of London's population and 40% in total for all immigrants including Europeans and Americans. And all they was list the most widely spoken languages cos they can't list all the over 300 languages people speak in the city. It is just common sense.

Haters just wanna hate lol.

4 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2015
Yevgeny:
If it was Igbo, Nnamdi Kanu will claim that he was the one that compelled the Metro police and it means Britain will recognize Biafra soon.

It will trend on twitter for 5 days and he will tell his lobotomized listeners that he is whiter than white grin

His minions will then flood the Nigerian Cyberspace with weird stories on how they developed London wink

and next we'll hear from them is London is 'No Man's Land'. Mtchewwww

4 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by NOTRIBE: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Many of the African terrorists in London are of yoruba origin
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2015
redsun:

It is about the concentration of Yorubas in oyinbo land that cznt speak English. It is not really something to be proad of.
Hahahaha grin grin, REALLY?.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by EdwardRandy(m): 11:06am On Jul 21, 2015
lmao!!!
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2015
What's the big deal? Why do the simplest things tickle Nigerians? Its obviously simply because of the significant Yoruba population in London nothing else. The Officers need to be able to communicate in a case where they run into an immigrant who is not fluent in English, simple.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Mekky05(m): 11:13am On Jul 21, 2015
bababuff:

No be by noise.

. While you rushed to comment without proper assimilation of the write up.. Simply put,the Yorubas in London are known for "credit card fraud" "wash/facie" and what have u. FBI/CIA did same stuff some years back and the were seriously looking for people who speak and understand igbo language. Your having Orgasm without even understanding Jack of what was wrote.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by alexlee50: 11:17am On Jul 21, 2015
bababuff:

No be by noise.

what this means is that there are more nigerians who speak yoruba living in the u.k,it is also means that crimes committed in the u.k are done by these set of people and recruiting from their kin means the u.k police is trying to infiltrate the circle who speak this language.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by whitecloth: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2015
Yevgeny:
If it was Igbo, Nnamdi Kanu will claim that he was the one that compelled the Metro police and it means Britain will recognize Biafra soon.

It will trend on twitter for 5 days and he will tell his lobotomized listeners that he is whiter than white grin

His minions will then flood the Nigerian Cyberspace with weird stories on how they developed London wink

You nailed it. I like your thinking
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by tym92(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2015
Bluetooth2:

I guess the only reason ibos are being killed in Indonesia and China is because those people don't understand ibo language and will rather send those okoros to death than waste time listening to their ibotic explanations.
lafin stock thread.....

Don laff tire

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by jhubril(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2015
And you all call this a positive development for the Yorubas?For your information there is nothing recent or new in the UK's method of combating criminal activities which includes the infiltration of languages. This method is designed to facilitate effective policing in the UK. Therefore,learning Yoruba language is definitely out of respect for the cultural heritage of the Yorubas.

But if am wrong,my question is still going to be WHY.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by scholes0(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2015
detosho:

I'm not trying to add fuel to your tribalistic fires, but to set the facts straight, Yoruba is an International Language, spoken indigeneously in at least four African countries including Nigeria, Togo, Benin Republic and Sierra Leonne, some affiliates of it are also in Liberia. Yoruba is also spoken indigeneously outside the African continent in countries such as Brazil, Cuba, Columbia, and some other carribean countries. It is in recognition of this that the World Festival of Yoruba Arts and Culture is held, and it is an international festival. You can seek information on google anytime to dispute the above. God bless every tribe in Nigeria, God bless Africa.

True

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Trump Exempted Muslim Majority Countries Where He Has Business Ties / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.