Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students (2547 Views)

Boko Haram Camps “Wiped Out” – Nigerian Military / Lufthansa Sacks 13 Nigerian Amnesty Pilots / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by BushidoBlue(m): 5:16am On Jul 21, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/lufthansa-sacks-13-nigerian-amnesty-pilots/

By Soni Daniel, Regional Editor, North
The delay by President Muhamadu Buhari to appoint a new head to drive the Presidential Amnesty Programme, PAP, has begun to take a toll on the beneficiaries of the scheme.
In far away Germany, no fewer than 13 Nigerians from the Niger Delta region undergoing commercial point training at the Lufthansa Flight Training School in Frankfurt, have been sent away for non-payment of fees.
Vanguard learnt that the Nigerian pilots who would have graduated from the prestigious aviation training institution, were axed last Friday due to their inability to pay for sundry fees stipulated in their training manual.
The fees were for accommodation and training logistics.
Apart from that, six of the pilots who had already completed their training had their licenses withheld by the school.
Two of the students sent home for non-payment, had only one test to complete their Programme for Commercial Pilot Licence, one was in his final stage of the CPL test while four had just started their type rating test and would have completed next month.
A source at the PAP confirmed to Vanguard yesterday that there was money in the account of the agency with the Central Bank of Nigeria but that there was no signatory to authorize the payment to the beneficiaries since the exit of the former presidential aide, Kingsley Kuku.
President Buhari is yet to name a Special Adviser on Niger Delta, who doubles as the chairman of the PAP and is the chief executive of the agency.
Before leaving office in May this year, Kuku had written PMB to either allow him to pay the May financial obligations to avoid a breakdown of law and order or appoint a new signatory for the account.
However, no appointment has been made and the ex-militants who collect a monthly salary of N65,000 and the students who are spread around major universities around the world and Nigeria, are suffering, as a result.
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by DaBullIT(m): 5:19am On Jul 21, 2015
OK o
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 5:20am On Jul 21, 2015
Let them come back home and learn a trade. This government will not support corruption and ineptness.

All loopholes will be blocked.

God bless PMB.

Wailers can wail all they want...what that must be done will be done!smiley

12 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 21, 2015
In other news the Dullard is having retreat in The USA. Baba OneChance indeed.

Baba magician

8 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 5:27am On Jul 21, 2015
speak2emmalex:
In other news the Dullard is having retreat in The USA. Baba OneChance indeed.

Baba magician
^^^

Wailing wailer. May your life be ruled like Jonathan ruled Nigeria...Amem!..... Can I hear you say amen!?undecided

11 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by donholy28(m): 5:29am On Jul 21, 2015
This people are just trying to bring back d militancy problem

5 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 21, 2015
Their state government can pay now and get reimbursed when the Amnesty issue is sorted out. The Presidential Amnesty Chairmanship should not be just to sign cheques.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by raayah(f): 5:30am On Jul 21, 2015
This is unfair.
Allow them to finish their program before you cut them off.
If you want to cancel the program, go ahead, but don't leave the students already enrolled to suffer.

To all of you saying otherwise, its easy to say so when you are not directly affected by this. Sometimes we have to put political differences aside and find empathy as humans.

If there were signed contracts, I hope these students sue the government for this.

This is an embarassment to Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by INTROVERT(f): 5:36am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:
Let them come back home and learn a trade. This government will not support corruption and ineptness.

God bless PMB.

If you have benefited from a scholarship program you wouldnt talk like this. The amnesty program ends Dec 2015. They should please pay those people fees let them have certificate since it has been started. How will it look like if in the end no palli and huge amounts wasted.

8 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by raayah(f): 5:41am On Jul 21, 2015
INTROVERT:

If you have benefited from a scholarship program you wouldnt talk like this. The amnesty program ends Dec 2015. They should please pay those people fees let them have certificate since it has been started. How will it look like if in the end no palli and huge amounts wasted.

Exactly!! Put yourself in their shoes. Years of hardwork and suffering only to be rewarded with this.

Burger01 is heartless.

8 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 5:45am On Jul 21, 2015
INTROVERT:

Well, you right there. What's not right is the amnesty itself.smiley

3 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 5:48am On Jul 21, 2015
raayah:

Bur.ger01 is heartless.
... My friend, stop that. Do you know me Well, I'm really a nice person just that I don't support corruption at the expense of 150mila of Nigerians. It's wellsmiley
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:49am On Jul 21, 2015
When trouble sleeps nyangga go wake am, wetin e dey find??

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by raayah(f): 5:49am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:

Well, you right there. What's not right is the amnesty itself.smiley

The amnesty program stopped the Militants in Niger Delta.

Let's be honest, they deserve it. Most of Nigerian revenue comes from their land. They are entitled to free Education and more!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by raayah(f): 5:54am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:
... My friend, stop that. Do you know me Well, I'm really a nice person just that I don't support corruption at the expense of 150mila of Nigerians. It's wellsmiley

Niger-Delta's deserve a lot more credit than free education. They have been supporting this country since 1956.

3 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 6:00am On Jul 21, 2015
raayah:

Niger-Delta's deserve a lot more credit than free education. They have been supporting this country since 1956.
Buhari is ready to support anyone from any region. We all deserve the credit and not Niger-Delta alone. I will not thinker that line with you. This is a country of collective interestssmiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 6:07am On Jul 21, 2015
raayah:

The amnesty program stopped the Militants in Niger Delta.

Let's be honest, they deserve it. Most of Nigerian revenue comes from their land. They are entitled to free Education and more!
Well, to some point I support you but not in the totality of it.
Jonathan stole the country blind...even, money meant for the militants' scholarships and for the amnesty program were not left out. Buhari has been on the course of recovering these stolen monies from crooked polithievians like Jonathan, Madueke, Dasuki, to mention a few,...still you people are shouting 'witch-hunting'. Just where do you expect PMB to get the money for the amnesty...money that has been stolen Think mehn... Think.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by M4gunners: 6:14am On Jul 21, 2015
Those guys are now in pain. After spending years or months,with alots of effort and time, someone now deprive them the certificate, is only God know what will be going on in their mind now.
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:

God bless PMB.

That is unfair. Especially for the people who had one or two courses left to complete.
If the current administration does not want to continue with the Amnesty program they should end it, but they should not leave people hanging.
Now some people's efforts will just go to waste.
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by heykims(m): 6:23am On Jul 21, 2015
Let them come back home nd hustle in Nigeria owned institutions, being militants' nd rogues' children shouldn't be a privilege nor advantage..

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 21, 2015
E don happen
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by sanandreas(m): 6:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Breach of contract.
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 6:46am On Jul 21, 2015
DrLikita:

That is unfair. Especially for the people who had one or two courses left to complete.
If the current administration does not want to continue with the Amnesty program they should end it, but they should not leave people hanging.
Now some people's efforts will just go to waste.
I understand ma. But, where is the money to continue the amnesty and scholarships? Jonathan and his givernment stole all the money. Don't you think they should be probed for that ma?smiley Though, I feel for our brothers out there, but this is entirely Jonathan's faultsad

2 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Okay, na wa ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:

I understand ma. But, where is the money to continue to the amnesty and scholarships? Jonathan and his givernment stole all the money. Don't you think they should be probed for that ma?smiley

My belief is simple. Jonathan was corrupt so he did not probe anybody. Let Buhari probe everybody since he is not corrupt. My problem with many of you is that you guys are simply ignoring the past because of your 'hatred' for Jonathan. Many of those who switched to APC are equally as, if not more, corrupt. You are behaving as if corruption started and ended with Jonathan and that is simply not true. What of all the ones before him? And the ones who are still around now?
Regardless of what does or does not happen, Jonathan's kinsmen should not be punished for any of his 'crimes.' A program was started and you cannot leave people hanging because you feel their 'uncle' is corrupt. The gov't could maybe end it for those entering their third year and below and maybe switch to a cheaper country/environment or create space for them in Nigerian universities if finance is really an issue (which I strongly doubt), but they should not suffer for anybody's crimes. Some people have one year or less, let them finish.

2 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Orjioorji(f): 6:54am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:

Well, to some point I support you but not in the totality of it.
Jonathan stole the country blind...even, money meant for the militants' scholarships and for the amnesty program were not left out. Buhari has been on the course of recovering these stolen monies from crooked polithievians like Jonathan, Madueke, Dasuki, to mention a few,...still you people are shouting 'witch-hunting'. Just where do you expect PMB to get the money for the amnesty...money that has been stolen Think mehn... Think.smiley
You talk like a fool. do you have evidence of people stealing the money or just hear say ?
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by gregg2: 6:56am On Jul 21, 2015
[size=14pt]Goodmorning Niger Delta[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Captwahala(m): 6:58am On Jul 21, 2015
This may be good news to some.

The aviation industry has been dreading the entry of ex-militants into the industry as airline pilots.

Secondly, i have met many of the beneficiaries of this program and I can categorically tell you that many of them are not militants. Most of the actual militants were unable to complete the training program due to unruliness and just not been suited for the program. Those that scaled through were the non-militants who were smuggled into the program. The whole amnesty programme is flawed. They should have concentrated on skills that suit the personality of ex-militants.

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Burger01(m): 6:59am On Jul 21, 2015
DrLikita:

My belief is simple. Jonathan was corrupt so he did not probe anybody. Let Buhari probe everybody since he is not corrupt. My problem with many of you is that you guys are simply ignoring the past because of your 'hatred' for Jonathan. Many of those who switched to APC are equally as, if not more, corrupt. You are behaving as if corruption started and ended with Jonathan and that is simply not true. What of all the ones before him? And the ones who are still around now?
Regardless of what does or does not happen, Jonathan's kinsmen should not be punished for any of his 'crimes.' A program was started and you cannot leave people hanging because you feel their 'uncle' is corrupt. The gov't could maybe end it for those entering their third year and below and maybe switch to a cheaper country/environment or create space for them in Nigerian universities if finance is really an issue (which I strongly doubt), but they should not suffer for anybody's crimes. Some people have one year or less, let them finish.
^^^
I don't hate Jonathan and I don't hate anybody. My point is Jonathan and his government embezzled money for amnesty and as such should held responsible for whatever is befalling the amnestysad

2 Likes

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2015
Burger01:
^^^
I don't hate Jonathan and I don't hate anybody. My point is Jonathan and his government embezzled money for amnesty and as such should held responsible for whatever is befalling the amnestysad

Then ask Jonathan to refund it if you have proof.
I do not believe that there is no money for this program. People have been embezzling money since and we do not hold their tribesmen/women responsible for it so we should not start it now.
Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by fulanimafia: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2015
I agree that they should have been allowed to complete their courses, not because of the risk of any uprising by troublemakers, but because it is logical and fair that they should be allowed to complete their programs, even if it necessitated Nigeria preparing a credit arrangement where payments will be made once funds are available, on the understanding that there would be no more pipeline vandalism and economic sabotage by the brothers in the creeks.

1 Like

Re: Lufthansa Kicks Out Nigerian Amnesty Students by fulanimafia: 7:09am On Jul 21, 2015
Captwahala:
This may be good news to some.

The aviation industry has been dreading the entry of ex-militants into the industry as airline pilots.

Secondly, i have met many of the beneficiaries of this program and I can categorically tell you that many of them are not militants. Most of the actual militants were unable to complete the training program due to unruliness and just not been suited for the program. Those that scaled through were the non-militants who were smuggled into the program. The whole amnesty programme is flawed. They should have concentrated on skills that suit the personality of ex-militants.

Interesting perspective.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Prophecizes Fulani Attack In Benue And Speaks On Biafra / Sanitation: No Restriction Of Movement Tomorrow In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.