Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) (20879 Views)

Police Stray Bullet Hits 18-Year-Old Boy In Ketu, Lagos; Nigerians React / Police Stray Bullet Kills Father Of Five In Lagos / Dead Body Of Father John Adeyi Found In Benue Community (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by dre11(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2015
Policemen who trailed some suspected robbers to their alleged hideout in Ilaje community, in the Ilaje-Ajah area of Lagos State on Monday caused confusion after stray bullets from their guns killed a 33-year-old man, Orimisan Emmanuel.

Orimisan, an apprentice, was said to have been hit by stray bullets from policemen, who were reportedly attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Panti.

It was learnt that the policemen, before heading for the community, had contacted the Ajah Police Division, Ajiwe, to inform the division about their operation in the area.

Our correspondent learnt that at about 3pm, the policemen, who came in a van, stormed the community, and started shooting sporadically.

It was gathered that Orimisan, who was in one of the buildings in the community, came out and was hit by some stray bullets. He reportedly died instantly.

The policemen, who were said to have fled the area, reportedly took the man's corpse with them.

Our correspondent learnt that the incident led to a protest in the area, as the people expressed their anger at the actions of the policemen.

One of the residents, identified only as Lukman, said, “At about 2.30pm, we saw SARS operatives. They were about eight men. They came in here and began to shoot.

“That was when their bullets hit one of our people. When they realised he was dead, they took his corpse and left. The man was sleeping in his house. The whole town is boiling presently. He is neither a robber nor a cultist. People were shocked when they learnt that he had been killed by the policemen.”

Another resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “The policemen had come to make an arrest in the area. They first register the matter at the Ajah Police Division, Ajiwe. The policemen got some information, and traced hoodlums to the area. But the anger is why was this guy killed?”

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, the deceased’s elder brother, Adeogo Emmanuel, said Orimisan had been awaken from sleep by the sporadic gunshots, and as he came out to see what was happening, the bullet hit him.

Adeogo added that they lost their father just last year, saying his brother was neither a robber nor a cultist.

He said, “He is my younger brother. He is not married yet. Our father died last year, while our mother has remarried and lives in Ondo State. They shot my brother and also took away his corpse. He had been staying with me. He was not a violent man. That is why the whole area is fighting this cause with us.

“He was sleeping when he heard the gunshots and rose from his sleep. That was how he was hit. We have not even found his corpse now.”

Our correspondent learnt that the deceased’s family members and other community people had mobilised to report the incident at the Area J Command, Ajah, on Monday evening.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed that SARS operatives from the State Department of Criminal Investigation came to the area, but added that there was no death.

He said, “The information I have is that SARS operatives from the SDCI went to the area, and arrested a robbery suspect. We do not have any record of death or injury.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-stray-bullets-kill-33-year-old-in-lagos-community/

Picture of the slain guy Orimisan

cc lalasticlala

Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2015
OMG!!! I made it...... Am the FTC of this thread, am dedicating it to my Ibagwa-aka pals√√√

/Back to the thread/

R. I. P dude
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by bonana: 7:28am On Jul 21, 2015
Rip to the dead.
Oyind17:
Speaking with PUNCH Metro, the deceased’s
elder brother, Adeogo Emmanuel, said
Orimisan had been awaken from sleep by the
sporadic gunshots, and as he came out to
see what was happening, the bullet hit him.
Those of you blaming the NPF didn't see this part of the story. Let's be safety conscious. When you hear gunshots you take cover instead he left his bed to meet his untimely death.
Over curiosity killed the ape abi monkey. But those that were firing sporadically as if they were in Sambisa should have been more careful. They are to blame jare

1 Like

Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by MRLINGTON(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2015
careless officers...for me i go say maje dem mke dis ppl to be like LASTMA officials.they dont need guns i swear
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by kristen12(f): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2015
RIP to him.
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by AnyibestDede(m): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2015
I give up! wtf is wrong in this country! Rip to the dead and for those police, karma dey front dey wait 4 una

5 Likes

Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by eyenibibio(m): 7:44am On Jul 21, 2015
Diaris God
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Khd95(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2015
One question...why would a sleeping sane man come out of his house when u hear sporadic shooting

Second question...why would well trained police form storm robbers hideout nd d next wisest thing 2 do was 2 shoot discrimately

Meanwhile one otondo in d force would come out nd say it was accidental discharge or Emmanuel was one of d robbers,mumu set of pple

3 Likes

Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by sirnature: 7:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Waitoooo...is dat man in d piks dancing shoki or wat........anyway, R I P to d dead
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Islie: 8:19am On Jul 21, 2015
Seems policemen need to be schooled on how to use fire arms again

Because killings through accidental discharge is becoming rampant nowadays
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Doskit(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2015
Bad
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by opefio: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2015
Why is evrybody just quick 2 type RIP as if it helps d family... SMH
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Mogidi: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2015
R.I.P
Senseless and needless killing.
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Franchise21(m): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2015
RIP
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by yemicoal(m): 8:43am On Jul 21, 2015
All this half-baked policemen we have in this country, who hardly undergo proper training but are still given guns to handle.
May God help us
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by yahmohy27: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2015
Police again ,what has come over them these days undecided
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by fpeter(f): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2015
God have mercy on us!!!!!!
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by yungab45: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2015
Exclusive! Wizzy strokes dbanj. Everybody check out what he had to say about dbanj. http://www.datafilehost.com/d/54576f7b15193318
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Aspireahead(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2015
watch as they label the death man a criminal
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by Georgekyrian(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by macino1(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2015
Result of lack of proper training and re-training. Meanwhile, this show of shame should be checkmate. RIP to the dead
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by kennyman2000(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2015
president Buhari, pls discuss our police evil deeds with obama, maybe we could get help from him to curtail all these innocent killings here and there..
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by WukedP(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2015
When u hear a gunshot the first thing to do is to take cover, lay low, I tot twas only the white that are foolishly inquisitive, MEANWHILE NIGERIAN POLICE ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND, TODAY, TOMOROW AND FOR EVER FEAR THE MORE THAI YOU DO UR ENEMIES, R. I. P TO D DEAD
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by RasheedUmar: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2015
Ordinary police should stop using guns. Leave arms to the MOPOL or soldiers
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by bekuo1: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2015
cool
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by leke12(m): 8:49am On Jul 21, 2015
If police no kill u, his bullets go soon find way do am.....?
Re: Police Stray Bullets Kill 33-year-old In Lagos Community (Photo) by tolustx(m): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2015
RIP to d dead. The days of man re few and full of troubles Job 14:1.

U have overcome the troubles now and gone to blissful rest. Rest in peace bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hunters, Vigilante Kill Kidnapper, Rescue 7 Abducted Travellers In Ondo / Nigerian Nightclub Bouncer Is Jailed For molestation / 14-Year-Old Girl Arrested For The Murder Of 71-Year-Old Woman In Edo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.