Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death (22813 Views)

How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / UNIBEN Student Kept All The Pens He Used Till Graduation (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by d33types: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2015
Stupid misguided protests..there's no speed break in the whole stretch of that federal expressway.

There was a flyover before the expansion of the federal road road by the state government..instead of the useless SUG to protest to the relevant authorities,they're constituting nuisance.

Nobody is even blaming the police officials
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by bornmekus: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by loomer: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2015
I kuku like the school, their protests dey always yield fruits

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by ZYZZA: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2015
No so this fine girl take go
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Na wa o and na dis UNIBEN i apply for o. Abeg make dem do d fly over before d next session go start o. I can't shout.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by gboso1ne(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2015
k
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by RasheedUmar: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Even at the scene of a gruesome accident, two despicable bitches still felt so good taking selfies ?? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by ZYZZA: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2015
d33types:
Stupid misguided protests..there's no speed break in the whole stretch of that federal expressway
hidiot this trash would have not come out of your mouth if it was ur sis
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Witchkid(m): 9:13am On Jul 21, 2015
175:
RIP to the lady who died. . .but which one be was dead abi she died before been knocked down by the vehicle?
OP which one is you on that selfie. . .una try!

Bro, take it easy on him.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by myklangelo(m): 9:13am On Jul 21, 2015
I cry and shed tears when the life of a youth is abruptly cut short.
No time given to prepare for death, just zooom! a life becomes a past. an IS becomes WAS.

Igbo ga-adịrịrị.
Visit the 1st Igbo language Blog
www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by butterflyy(f): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2015
Too bad, people †̥hα̲̅†̥ are suppose t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ protect us are now killing us
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Laryne(m): 9:15am On Jul 21, 2015
Speed braker especially is going to help. Cars knocking down students of Benue University was frequent along the Gboko road express until the speed brake was introduced.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by guttentag(m): 9:15am On Jul 21, 2015
medicine after death.. it is a shame Nigerians don't act until the situation gets worst. R.I.P to the dead
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2015
flyover bridge have be there untill early last 2years when some idiots decide to remove it and even before then some students don't use it,... RIP death
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Ifebazz(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2015
Not just providing any pedestrian bridge but one not far off from the pedestal traffic. If they erect one in between Uniben and UBTH it will be as good as useless cos nobody will want to use it. It should be very close to the Main Gate, that's where it is needed.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 21, 2015
I am not trying to be insensitive but even when a pedestrian bridge was there uniben students did not use it until it was removed due to d reconstruction of d road,it's one thing to put a pedestrian bridge and it's another thing to use it even with d common pedestrian walkway available, students still prefer to walk on d road.. let's be sincere with ourselves
. ..mind you I am a uniben student...Rip to d dead...justice must be served anyway

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by adorable29(f): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2015
This protest is long over due!

How many more students will be killed before something is done!

A time limit should be given to them to build this speed breaks especially because even with a flyover, this tragedy may not be totally averted. Students rushing to class for example will stil want to risk crossing the ever busy road.

The former pedestrian bridge was nearer to UBTH than Uniben. Hence they hardly used it....

The solution anyway remains speed breaks!
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Ifebazz(m): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2015
Peaceisgold:
Na wa o and na dis UNIBEN i apply for o. Abeg make dem do d fly over before d next session go start o. I can't shout.
Not even gained admission and you have started planning on staying in the 'zone', what's your choice of course, 'bizness administrator' or 'industrial runs'?
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Osihgen(m): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2015
funny enough there was a pedestrian bridge at the school gate before, but for reasons unknown the government decided to remove it
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Certifiedboss: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2015
amenbovillage:

Two Female students of the University of Benin, Ugbowo Campus were hit by an oncoming vehicle at 10:15Am sunday morning,19th July 2015.

The two girls were hit by an Army Vehicle with the inscription “Thunder Storm Patrol 28″ while they were crossing the Lagos/Benin Expressway which is just in front of the school gate.

it was gathered that the 200 level philosophy student named Halim Rita Awele (picture above) was dead while the other girl is in critical conditions. She is currently suffering from internal Bleeding.

Student of the university has taken to the street to protest for Speed breaker and fly over to prevent reoccurrence….

See photos below….

Source===>>>>> http://www..com/uniben-student-protest-for-speed-breaker-and-fly-over-after-the-loss-of-their-student/

Cc:lalasticlala

If they block that lagos road till 2pm I'm sure someone in high authority will be contacted .

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by persius555(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2015
Iamsteph:
What happened to students Union? Hw com people have to die b4 addressing D anomaly?
A country where all arms of govt are manned by people without reasoning faculty. Other schools should take a cue. My almermata no dey carry last, always on point. Kudos to the SUG for taking this initiative. Every nigerians soul count, lets make it count.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by d33types: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2015
ZYZZA:
hidiot this trash would have not come out of your mouth if it was ur sis

I sympathise with the families of the student.I'm just saying, the SUG isn't approaching issues to the right channel
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by ZYZZA: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2015
OP live protest the snap picture
*the 3rd pix#
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by jazinogold(m): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2015
As at now, there is no media house to cover the protest, wondering what AIT, STV , EBS and ITV are doing! UNIBEN is boiling...enuf is enuf! #walkforrita

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Osihgen:
funny enough there was a pedestrian bridge at the school gate before, but for reasons unknown the government decided to remove it
it was removed due to d construction of d road and besides people weren't using it,I know because i 've lived in Benin esp along dat ugbowo area
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Ifebazz(m): 9:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Mercie97:
I am not trying to be insensitive but even when a pedestrian bridge was there uniben students did not use it until it as removed due to d reconstruction of d road,it's one thing to put a pedestrian bridge and it's another thing to use it even with d common pedestrian walkway available, students still prefer to walk on d road.. let's be sincere with ourselves
. ..mind you I am a uniben student...Rip to d dead...justice must be served anyway
You're a Uniben student and you don't know why people didn't use the bridge?
It's not just to get bridge, it's LOCATION is of utmost importance. You don't expect people to use isolated bridges which forms haven for crooks.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Kingsasian(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2015
They actually waited till a female student was knocked dead before they protested meanwhile in march a male student was knocked down in my presence on the same spot and nothing was done. Anyway I am enjoying the show.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by olatade(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2015
Sometimes in nigeria,you just have to make much noise before the authorities respond

Rip dear
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Doyin400l(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2015
proudly bloody Yoruba nigga.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Kingsasian(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2015
Ifebazz:

You're a Uniben student and you don't know why people didn't use the bridge?
It's not just to get bridge, it's LOCATION is of utmost importance. You don't expect people to use isolated bridges which forms haven for crooks.
what location are you talking about? That guy you just quoted is right
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2015
[
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Certifiedboss: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2015
amenbovillage:

Two Female students of the University of Benin, Ugbowo Campus were hit by an oncoming vehicle at 10:15Am sunday morning,19th July 2015.

The two girls were hit by an Army Vehicle with the inscription “Thunder Storm Patrol 28″ while they were crossing the Lagos/Benin Expressway which is just in front of the school gate.

it was gathered that the 200 level philosophy student named Halim Rita Awele (picture above) was dead while the other girl is in critical conditions. She is currently suffering from internal Bleeding.

Student of the university has taken to the street to protest for Speed breaker and fly over to prevent reoccurrence….

See photos below….

Source===>>>>> http://www..com/uniben-student-protest-for-speed-breaker-and-fly-over-after-the-loss-of-their-student/

Cc:lalasticlala

Im sorry to say but we nigerian road users r not usually careful when driving . What will it take a driver to reduce his speed at least till he passes through the skl completely . We Don obey speed limits . Those student should lock down the school and any lecturer that dare enter the classroom should be beaten

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? / Angry Father Calls Out Private Schools For Giving Students Too Much Homework / Photos Of The New Senate Building, University Of Maiduguri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.