Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death (22816 Views)

How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) / UNIBEN Student Makes A Portrait Of The VC With 6000 Bottle Covers (Photo) / UNIBEN Student Kept All The Pens He Used Till Graduation (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by sparkleRed(f): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Lol see those two hall 1 smallie dat year, so nw I cnt pass maingate? My Alma mater tho grin

RIP to Rita! cry

Almost lost a coursemate too, cos of dat maingate road, buh thank God she survived
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by crisycent: 11:44am On Jul 21, 2015
This is the height of stupidity. First, R.I.P to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured. How can you put speed breaks on a highway? They should ask for a flyover and nothing more. I wonder why they are protesting on the streets? The army barrack that owns the killer vehicle is less than 1000 feet from the school gate, make una go there go protest nau.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by butanep(m): 11:45am On Jul 21, 2015
Ifebazz:

Dude if you have travelled from Onitsha to Lagos before I'd like for you to show me where there is a speed break. None. Cos it's a 'highway'. Meaning vehicular movement is anticipated to be fast. Do think that the people using that road are just Benin or people from the neighbourhood alone? That’s why they don't fix speed breaks on highways. If done, in a couple of years, you will lead campaign for its removal believe you me. You just think it's adverse effects is traffic right, probably you don't think of the accidents it would cause too. Maybe by then one overzealous Christian would then it's the witches in Benin that are causing the accidents.
Speed break result to accident? please you have to explain...

If you read my post very well, you will understand better. I said it is not normal to place speed breaks on trunk A roads. It is very unusual... but for the case at that Ugbowo road, it should be a temporary measure before the construction of flyover.

Flyover is not what is constructed over night. It might take the government up to two years to construct a flyover because government works are always slow. So before flyover is constructed, speed breaks can serve as a temporary measure to cushion the high speed of motorist. If they decide to wait for the government to construct a flyover, someone might fall a victim before them.

On a normal circumstances, there should be either traffic men or road safety or police men at the front of any school or church or big malls located along the express road to help control traffics but since our government has place a ban on that, speed breaker become very necessary when there is no flyover.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by butanep(m): 11:50am On Jul 21, 2015
Obiwannn:
KUDOS BOSS. YOU DITCHED IT OUT LIKE HOT AKAMU TO THAT GIRL BROS.
INSENSITIVE MUMU.
Don't mind those dull brian girls...

They don't think before talking...
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by AMBASSADHOR: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by streetzdreamz(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ifebazz:

Dude if you have travelled from Onitsha to Lagos before I'd like for you to show me where there is a speed break. None. Cos it's a 'highway'. Meaning vehicular movement is anticipated to be fast. Do think that the people using that road are just Benin or people from the neighbourhood alone? That’s why they don't fix speed breaks on highways. If done, in a couple of years, you will lead campaign for its removal believe you me. You just think it's adverse effects is traffic right, probably you don't think of the accidents it would cause too. Maybe by then one overzealous Christian would then it's the witches in Benin that are causing the accidents.
nah you are wrong,speed breaks cant be constructed on highways?yea right in an area with little or no population,the area of discussion has a heavy flow of vehicular and human traffic,speed breaks would be the most effective thing to do right now and a flyover directly over the main gate,cuz on a good day people hardly takes to d pedestrian bridges cuz of one reason or the other,last time i was at uniben the first discouragement i got was crossing that highway,a speed break coupled with a zebra crossing will save more souls,indigenes and students took to the highway and constructed speed breaks,when the lives claimed reached a peak when 4students died on a spot in ma school,they shouldnt wait for the government before the needful is done,rip to the young lady.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by iswallker(m): 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
gals....smh

taking selfie wen person pickin don die...

but op wait o...some gals be pinging and taking selfie wen walking by the express... ..take note..dont fall victim...
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Blessedgurl(f): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
RIP to the dead and Speedy Recovery to the hospitalized. Back then in Uniben when motorcycles were still operating, i would take one to cross the express. During my final year teaching practice that lasted for six weeks, I would stay in between my colleagues of six to cross that express at main gate.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Pakingzzz(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items?
You can sell that item for a good price. There's a platform I am going to tell you that will advertise your unused item, and in no time you will start receiving calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering, what kind of unused item can u sell on that platform right?
Here's the crux of the matter. Statics have shown that there are some people out there who are desperately in need of that item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell those items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by gmacnoms(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:
This is the height of stupidity. First, R.I.P to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured. How can you put speed breaks on a highway? They should ask for a flyover and nothing more. I wonder why they are protesting on the streets? The army barrack that owns the killer vehicle is less than 1000 feet from the school gate, make una go there go protest nau.
sharrapp.... dey definitely need speedbrkers all over dat place. because na highway, make e turn to race course abi? Use ur head.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by crisycent: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
gmacnoms:
sharrapp.... dey definitely need speedbrkers all over dat place. because na highway, make e turn to race course abi? Use ur head.

Your entire generation are illiterates. Do you know the meaning of highway? Mumu wen no sabi cross road. Go and put speed break there na. Make thunder fire you and your family. Why didn't you go to the barrack to protest?
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:

Your entire generation are illiterates. Do you know the meaning of highway? Mumu wen no sabi cross road. Go and put speed break there na. Make thunder fire you and your family. Why didn't you go to the barrack to protest?

Sharraaap once again. Have u ever travel frm Benin to Lagos before? Sharrrrap again idiot. There are speed breakers on ur way frm Ore to Lagos. IDIOT!!!!! Is that a street?? IDIOT BRAINLESS person.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:

Ignorance is no more a diseases. But this path u hv taken makes u MAD MAN!!!!! Fool!!!!
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
MAKE I STILL ROAD JAWE. I just heard the other gal died this morning.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by crisycent: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
wi5dom:

Sharraaap once again. Have u ever travel frm Benin to Lagos before? Sharrrrap again idiot. There are speed breakers on ur way frm Ore to Lagos. IDIOT!!!!! Is that a street?? IDIOT BRAINLESS person.
Bîtch I live in Benin and I have not only traveled to Lagos, I have been around the world bîtch. There are no fûcking speed bumps at ore. Bastárd!!!
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by crisycent: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
wi5dom:

Ignorance is no more a diseases. But this path u hv taken makes u MAD MAN!!!!! Fool!!!!

Your generation are illiterates. Where do you have speed bumps on such highway? Btw do you even live in Benin? Do you know the disruption this aimless protest caused today? You are in one village making noise. Your a bastàrd.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:

Bîtch I live in Benin and I have not only traveled to Lagos, I have been around the world bîtch. There are no fûcking speed bumps at ore. Bastárd!!!

THEN UR EYEs IS BLIND NOT NOT HAVE NOTICED BREAKERS ON THE HIGH WAY FROM UGBOWO even down to ORE.

Omo-oloshi. ODE!
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by eromspete(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
SAD stuff. My condolences to the family of the deceased

During my time there was a pedestrian bridge from the main gate connecting to BDPA. Why it was removed remains unclear.

That being said, UNIBEN students seldom used the foot bridge even when it was still standing. Laziness was the common reason why

A speed break (usually requires a Zebra crossing road marking for pedestrian crossing) is totally useless and doesn't justify Civil Engineering judgement because that's a Federal highway up until the point where it branches off at 5-junction (Benin people will understand what I'm saying).

HIGHWAYS are for fast-moving vehicular traffic and there is a minimum speed required to be classified as a highway (60 km/hr)

Solution -> Re-construct the pedestrian footbridge and enforce its usage by all persons using foot as a means of transport.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:

Your generation are illiterates. Where do you have speed bumps on such highway? Btw do you even live in Benin? Do you know the disruption this aimless protest caused today? You are in one village making noise. Your a bastàrd.

LOLS. No need to talk much to an insane BENIN IDIOT. May be someday ur sister may be the next.

Ishoro niyeen.
Mind u for ur information. Next time put a "sir" ode.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by eromspete(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
A speed break will actually cause an accident for motorists. I agree with @ifebazz

Reason -> Obstacle Perception/reaction time varies widely from driver to driver. Even so, the roadworthiness of many vehicles plying Nigerian highways are questionable.

A pedestrian bridge is easy and more safe. A steel bridge (light-weight compared to reinforced concrete) can be prefabricated and erected to position with minimal disruption to current road traffic

Cheers cool

butanep:

If you read my post very well, you will understand better. I said it is not normal to place speed breaks on trunk A roads. It is very unusual... but for the case at that Ugbowo road, it should be a temporary measure before the construction of flyover.

Flyover is not what is constructed over night. It might take the government up to two years to construct a flyover because government works are always slow. So before flyover is constructed, speed breaks can serve as a temporary measure to cushion the high speed of motorist. If they decide to wait for the government to construct a flyover, someone might fall a victim before them.

On a normal circumstances, there should be either traffic men or road safety or police men at the front of any school or church or big malls located along the express road to help control traffics but since our government has place a ban on that, speed breaker become very necessary when there is no flyover.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:

LOLS AROUND THE WORLD OF EDO STATE that u can't noticed there are speed breakers on ur way to another "around the world" to LAGOS??
. "Epkame".
Bring ur hand make I show u where speed breakers dey on ur way to lag frm BENIN.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
wi5dom:

LOLS AROUND THE WORLD OF EDO STATE that u can't noticed there are speed breakers on ur way to another "around the world" to LAGOS??
. "Epkame".
Bring ur hand make I show u where speed breakers dey on ur way to lag frm BENIN.

U need to wash ur head with iron "konkon" and klin soap. smiley
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by eromspete(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
You made sense until the bolded where I have to disagree with you oga. School session is not and cannot be related to the recent unfortunate event.

How are the lecturers involved in what happened?

Certifiedboss:

Im sorry to say but we nigerian road users r not usually careful when driving . What will it take a driver to reduce his speed at least till he passes through the skl completely . We Don obey speed limits . Those student should lock down the school and any lecturer that dare enter the classroom should be beaten
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Certifiedboss: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
eromspete:
You made sense until the bolded where I have to disagree with you oga. School session is not and cannot be related to the recent unfortunate event.

How are the lecturers involved in what happened?

Nooo . Maybe you misunderstand me . What am saying is that in some institutions some lecturers will go in to the lecture hall while this protest is going on and make it look like the girls that were involved in the accident are gone and it means nothing to the institutions
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by crisycent: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
wi5dom:

. "Epkame".

Yes around the world to Lagos, do I have to show your family proof?
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by naijaboiy: 3:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lamispaco:
Naijaboiy I can't see you among protesters ooooo,you didn't protest abi

E get as e be for Uniben babes ooo,still taking selfie at a mournful protest
i'm the organiser. grin

No mind those Uniben Babes. grin
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by crisycent: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
wi5dom:

THEN UR EYEs IS BLIND NOT NOT HAVE NOTICED BREAKERS ON THE HIGH WAY FROM UGBOWO even down to ORE.

Omo-oloshi. ODE!

Your entire generation are cursed. If you can't cross go and die!!
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by astute07(f): 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
D second girl is dead too.cudnt survive d internal bleeding.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by Ifebazz(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
butanep:

You still haven't shown me where there are speed breaks along that Onitsha Lagos road. Trunk A roads are different from other routes. Talking about traffic warders, very funny indeed.
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by wi5dom(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
crisycent:

Your entire generation are cursed. If you can't cross go and die!!

U ARE INDEED CURSED. LWKMD & ROTFL. "If u can't cross go and die" indeed a cursed one can only say it. Imagine comparing the death of two gals to what the student caused by blocking the road. Indeed once again u are cursed for I pity ur generation that u hv also cursed! cheesy ODE and "WERE" BENIN.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by naijaboiy: 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2015
Certifiedboss:

Im sorry to say but we nigerian road users r not usually careful when driving . What will it take a driver to reduce his speed at least till he passes through the skl completely . We Don obey speed limits . Those student should lock down the school and any lecturer that dare enter the classroom should be beaten
Bros you dey vex o grincheesy
Re: Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death by naijaboiy: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
butanep:
can you lister to yourself. If it's a member of your family that died, will you think about class? Don't be self-centered. Try and develop feeling for people.

You didn't join the protest or feel for the late girl. You said you are in your hostile doing nothing... they should do a protest on a public holiday. see the way your brain thinks? Uniben student don't think that way...

On a normal day that there is class, not that you even go for the classes. Forming serious student when you know you are not...If you are tired staying in the hostel, go and do something meaningful... don't come and here to say trash...
Don't mind the insensitive girl.

Ask her her GP now and you'll hear something else. And the mumu is forming scholar.

Mtchew! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? / Angry Father Calls Out Private Schools For Giving Students Too Much Homework / Photos Of The New Senate Building, University Of Maiduguri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.